Things that I really like (2 Viewers)

Combat

Registered Member
Turner Classic Movies. I love TCM. Great old movies. Limited but intelligent commentary. And best of all no commercials!

Satellite radio.

DVR.

Turner Classic Movies. I love TCM. Great old movies. Limited but intelligent commentary. And best of all no commercials!

Satellite radio.

DVR.
Agree. TCM is the best channel on the air, hands down. -- Al

The reverse camera on my new truck. What I hate: All the other gadgetry on my truck that I don't need, but had to pay for.

White socks. Not the baseball team, the actual thing. LOL. Paul Newman wore white socks. No man should be without them.

When you call a business and someone actually answers the phone.

Drive in movies. I haven't been to one in years but fond memories. My Bloody Valentine! They apparently made a comeback during the pandemic. So at least one good thing came out it.

Television. A vastly underrated technology taken for granted these days. It would be deemed a miracle by anyone who had lived in age before it was invented. Much of the programming is horrible but life without it would be unimaginable. It changed society in many fundamental ways.

Sleep. I know some people who have trouble sleeping. It is murder. I sleep 8-10 hours like a baby. Almost no matter what is going on, a good night's sleep goes a long way.

Television. A vastly underrated technology taken for granted these days. It would be deemed a miracle by anyone who had lived in age before it was invented. Much of the programming is horrible but life without it would be unimaginable. It changed society in many fundamental ways.

Obvious choice but of course you are so right. The more you think of it, the more it's true. Smart of Dumb shows or movies, I love it...
But I will be more specific:

I like Sci-Fi.
Any takers?

Have fun with this thread (good idea Combat).
Paddy

Obvious choice but of course you are so right. The more you think of it, the more it's true. Smart of Dumb shows or movies, I love it...
But I will be more specific:

I like Sci-Fi.
Any takers?

Have fun with this thread (good idea Combat).
Paddy
I'm a huge Sci-fi fan, both books and movies/TV. Love the old 50's era movies and the classics from the TV world like the old Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Star Trek (I know, but I'm a fan of all 5 of the shows), and I also liked the Edward James Olmos Battlestar Gallactica. Sci-fi offers an unending variety and possibilities for we mortals trapped on this little blue marble. -- Al

I can watch Sci-fi if there is a horror element. Something like Aliens or The Thing. I recently watched "2001" and couldn't believe how awful (in my opinion) that iconic movie was. It hasn't held up well. I haven't even seen the last several Star Wars movies if those count as Sci-fi. "Creature" with Klaus Kinski is a real hoot. Not a great movie but Kinski is a wild man in a space suit.

To this day, I still like Robinson Crusoe in Mars. There's something to like about exploration when you're a kid.

I really like Science Fiction, especially when it's based on Military Action and includes lots of violence. Always been a fan of the XBox Halo Games and enjoyed watching Season 1 of the recent Halo TV Series, despite the usual alterations to appease the Polically Correct afflicted.

Master Chief Kicking Covenant Butt.

I'm a huge Sci-fi fan, both books and movies/TV. Love the old 50's era movies and the classics from the TV world like the old Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Star Trek (I know, but I'm a fan of all 5 of the shows), and I also liked the Edward James Olmos Battlestar Gallactica. Sci-fi offers an unending variety and possibilities for we mortals trapped on this little blue marble. -- Al

All 4 TV series you mentioned are among my favorites. My favorite old Sci-fi movies are Forbidden Planet and The Time Machine. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - I think it counts as Sci-fi - is great too.

My favorite Sci-fi novel is Dune. I also like Dan Simmons and David Brin, along with countless others. I'd be interested in your favorites books/TV shows, etc.

One last note: Special Mention to the Classic Doctor Who, especially the Tom Baker Years. Just pure fun.

Live Long and Prosper
Paddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back