This day in History (3 Viewers)

Toddy, I don’t think it’s fun but I agree he won’t stop.

Agreed, his attempts to distort and re-write history isn't much fun really, but if he's going to be allowed to post such rhetoric on here then i thought the best approach would be humour.

If I was to put my serious hat on and state the obvious, 'Tank' is a troll whose employed to bombard TF with his employers biased views.

This of course isn't unique to TF, but part of a world-wide trend being rolled out by certain 'establishments' to corrupt social media sites.

As I have alluded to previously, he most likely doesn't even live in NZ and probably spends most days stuck in an office across the other side of the world tapping out this rubbish and gets paid for it.

And you're right, he's not going to stop...…..

I disagree. The best approach is to ignore him and his time-wasting posts altogether.

Agreed, ignoring him seems the most sensible approach given the fact he's going to carry on regardless...…

I certainly don't waste my time reading his stuff or following his links, however I have enjoyed reading many of the responses to his threads & posts, particularly the likes of John from Texas and some other members from down under.

I definitely can't take 'Tank' seriously, hence my humour comments and poking fun at him. ^&grin

Cheers.

Re: This day in History-January 18, 1911

To bring this thread back on topic...

On this day in history, in 1911, on January 18th, naval aviation pioneer Eugene Ely successfully lands his Curtiss pusher on a wooden platform built on the stern of the armored cruiser USS Pennsylvania, the first landing of a fixed-wing aircraft aboard a ship, and a step on the path leading to the aircraft carrier.

Sadly, Ely died in October of that year, at a flying exhibition in Macon, Georgia. His plane crashed, and he jumped clear, but his neck was broken.

The Pennsylvania would later be re-christened the USS Pittsburgh, freeing up her name for BB-38, the Navy's "super-dreadnought" battleship Pennsylvania, affectionately nicknamed "the Keystone Battlewagon".

Prost!
Brad

Agreed, ignoring him seems the most sensible approach given the fact he's going to carry on regardless...…

I certainly don't waste my time reading his stuff or following his links, however I have enjoyed reading many of the responses to his threads & posts, particularly the likes of John from Texas and some other members from down under.

I definitely can't take 'Tank' seriously, hence my humour comments and poking fun at him. ^&grin

Cheers.

Why Desertkiwi, I will take that as a compliment. Thank you kind sir. Lastly, if you all you have in life is to troll on a Toy Soldier forum...brother you got problems.

Thats like joining a wine forum and and spewing about the intricacies of moonshine, its origins, its place in history and by God everybody is wrong about it and you had better listen to me or Ill blast you with wikipedia links to prove my point...on hooch.

Just bought a book called The Great Influenza of 1918, kinda on the lines of 100 years of history. Honestly, I missed this one in history and caught the tail end of a PBS documentary on it and it intrigued me to know more. I had no idea how devastating it was.

John from Texas

Re: This day in History-January 18, 1911

To bring this thread back on topic...

On this day in history, in 1911, on January 18th, naval aviation pioneer Eugene Ely successfully lands his Curtiss pusher on a wooden platform built on the stern of the armored cruiser USS Pennsylvania, the first landing of a fixed-wing aircraft aboard a ship, and a step on the path leading to the aircraft carrier.

Sadly, Ely died in October of that year, at a flying exhibition in Macon, Georgia. His plane crashed, and he jumped clear, but his neck was broken.

The Pennsylvania would later be re-christened the USS Pittsburgh, freeing up her name for BB-38, the Navy's "super-dreadnought" battleship Pennsylvania, affectionately nicknamed "the Keystone Battlewagon".

Prost!
Brad

Brad,

I was just talking about this the other day to the family. I get so sick and tired of the press the PRC is receiving on their aircraft carriers and how great they are. Did I mention their first air craft carrier was bought on the used car carrier lot from Russia? But, I do appreciate the updates. However, what I was explaining was that the Chinese are building all these aircraft carriers and can't land a plane on them because they have maybe 5 years of experience on trying to land or take off from an aircraft carrier. YET, the PRC media apparatus is making it seem like they are taking over the Pacific. So, my point was is that we (being the United States) have a 100 years worth of experience in landing on aircraft carriers and the lost pilots/airman to prove it. Thousands of airman have died in combat or in accidents and you can read about it here:

https://www.history.navy.mil/resear...ncidents-notdirectly-result-enemy-action.html

So, Brad with the historic success we have tons of failures that cost lives and it ain't easy being greasy. So, I salute Eugene Ely and thank you for that morsel of history! We will still have accidents on ships and being on a aircraft carrier deck is one of the most dangerous endeavors in the world for both the crew and pilots.

I got a sweet spot for the PRC Brown Water Navy and Rear Admiral Luo Yuan's statements on the PRC Naval prowess of the Pacific. You can read it about it here:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...s-carriers-key-to-dominating-south-china-sea/

Yes, a cocky one this one is.

John from Texas

Agreed, his attempts to distort and re-write history isn't much fun really, but if he's going to be allowed to post such rhetoric on here then i thought the best approach would be humour.

If I was to put my serious hat on and state the obvious, 'Tank' is a troll whose employed to bombard TF with his employers biased views.

This of course isn't unique to TF, but part of a world-wide trend being rolled out by certain 'establishments' to corrupt social media sites.

As I have alluded to previously, he most likely doesn't even live in NZ and probably spends most days stuck in an office across the other side of the world tapping out this rubbish and gets paid for it.

And you're right, he's not going to stop...…..

‘Embarrassing mistake’ or revising history? German paper says AMERICANS liberated Auschwitz – and it’s not the only one

27 Jan, 2020 19:13 / Updated 7 hours ago

5e2f334420302765915baeb4.jpg

© Der Spiegel/Screenshot

The German weekly Der Spiegel “mistakenly” said the US Army liberated the notorious Auschwitz death camp. They have company in erasing the Soviet Union’s role in ending the Holocaust from WWII history, too: the White House.

Der Spiegel published a graphic on social media platforms last week saying the “amerikanischen Armee” (US Army) was the one that liberated Auschwitz, the largest Nazi death camp.

That would have been news to anyone in the 322nd Rifle Division of the Red Army’s 1st Ukrainian Front, which actually kicked in the gates of the camp on January 27, 1945. That date was later adopted as the international Holocaust Memorial Day.

Der Spiegel owned up to “this extremely embarrassing mistake” fairly quickly, saying they made it on Thursday evening and had corrected it by Friday morning.
“We assume that the screenshot from Thursday is circulating as a just punishment,” the magazine later tweeted.

When this happens once, it’s an “extremely embarrassing mistake” indeed. When it’s reinforced by speeches from the top two US officials, however, one is tempted to conclude something else is afoot.

On the same day Der Spiegel published the flagrantly false claim, US Vice President Mike Pence – speaking at the World Holocaust Forum in Israel – described the camp’s liberators as mere “soldiers,” without saying whose. He went on to talk about two million US soldiers who fought in Europe and suffered “appalling casualties” to free the continent “from the grip of tyranny” – while reducing the far greater contribution of the Red Army and the Soviet Union to a token phrase about “all the Allied forces.”

There was zero pushback from US mainstream media to this appalling revisionism. By Monday, US President Donald Trump was committing the same sin of omission in his Holocaust Memorial Day.

While it acknowledges “the heroes who risked their own lives—many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice—to help liberate the camps” there is no mention of who they are, aside from the very abstract “forces of freedom.”

Between Pence’s speech and this, one might get the impression that these heroic soldiers were Americans, not Soviets.

Trump’s proclamation ends with resolving to “combat evil and oppressive regimes with democracy, justice, and the compassionate spirit that is found in the hearts of all Americans,” suggesting that the process of erasing the Soviet Union’s contribution to WWII and ending the Holocaust is pretty much complete in Washington – and Der Spiegel was just ahead of its time by a few days.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/479323-spiegel-auschwitz-americans-soviets-trump/

Obviously, for some of you this is just the Russian propaganda.

Tank.

Anybody care to guess which soldiers Putin would have been mainly mentioning in his recent speaches about WW2. I dont have to look for them to know he would have been mentioning the Russians more than the US, Brits or French etc. Same goes for Trump and Pence who would naturally mention their own country's role more than others.

Anybody care to guess which soldiers Putin would have been mainly mentioning in his recent speeches about WW2. I don't have to look for them to know he would have been mentioning the Russians more than the US, Brits or French etc. Same goes for Trump and Pence who would naturally mention their own country's role more than others.

Funny, I cant see the posts of one particular Forum member when Im logged in. But I can see them otherwise.

He continues to spew misinformation, FSK talking points and outright lies, like a good Roosskie operative. Yawn.

Everyone knows Russia is the single greatest threat to the Free World. By Free World I mean mainly Europe and America. China is a threat too, of course, but they are not as militarily mischievous as the Roosskies.

One day, when the oil depleted, and/or has been replaced by cleaner energy sources, the Roosskies will stop circling the drain and go right into it. Then they will discover the true nature of their failed collectivist system. In the meantime the American system of capitalism, with its emphasis on the individual and personal freedoms, will continue to sustain, thrive and lead the most advanced nations in the world.

It is worth noting that per party propaganda rules Soviet publications noted the liberation of Auschwitz but failed to mention anything about the Jewish prisoners/deaths in their articles.

29 Jan 1928
  • Field Marshal Douglas Haig, the British Army Commander-in-Chief in the First World War, died.

January 29th - 1942 - Iran signed the "Treaty of Alliance" with Great Britain and the Soviet Union. The agreement offered Iran protection and created a supply route from the West to Russia.

Wilhelm Gustloff.
Worst ever Maritime disaster. Now estimated at 9000 + drowned.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...years-ago-yet-its-barely-known-why-180974077/

Horus,

Read this article that you posted and wow man I am aghast at the story. Likewise, shocked at the substories and have it in my queue to watch the You tube and related articles as well. I'm not surprised by these stories and I am sure there are a bunch more like it that occurred in the waining days of WWII. Many years ago, I had a History professor once tell us in class that there was no "apocalypse like World War II". Man, he was right and these revelations prove the point.

Sad, sad story,

John from Texas

nowhere man11 hours ago

Oh no, the Russians are force feeding me true facts.

Hi tank, (updated)

How is the weather in New Zealand? My wife does all the feeding 'round here except when we go out. Having smoked brisket tomorrow with some potato salad, baked beans and sliced up onions and pickles (Texas Style). I may throw on some corn and the cobs on the BBQ with melted butter and seasoned salt. Since its a birthday party, we ordered a Carrot Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Oh, and it will be washed down with Modelo Beer, Coke, Big Red, Sweet Tea and Margaritas with Patron as the tequila.

John from Texas

PS: Never heard of RT, but have heard of Dr. P, Booker T. and the MG's, R.P. McMurphy and T. Boone Pickens (RIP).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back