time on my hands at last (2 Viewers)

Robin,

glad that your have used those S'pore Shop Houses again in this diorama, I was sure they would suit, and you have proved it :)

I'm also happy to see you using a wide mixture of figures from many makers, they all look so good too.

Another fine creation,

well done,

John

Interesting theme. If only in life they had known what the future held at the hands of the Japanese.

Those Singapore shops really look great Robin.

Steve

May 1969 Phuro'c Tuy Province, North of Nui Dat, Aussie's round up a suspected enemy collaborator for questioning. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2140.jpg
    DSCN2140.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN2134.jpg
    DSCN2134.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN2130.jpg
    DSCN2130.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN2128.jpg
    DSCN2128.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN2133.jpg
    DSCN2133.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 189
Robin,

nice setup :)

I think the grass matting looks very realistic, just like a rice crop that been blown down with chopper downdraft or a strong monsoon wind!!

well done,

John

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto inspects his headquarters at Rabaul 1943. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2246.jpg
    DSCN2246.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN2247.jpg
    DSCN2247.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN2248.jpg
    DSCN2248.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN2249.jpg
    DSCN2249.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN2250.jpg
    DSCN2250.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 150
1942 Rabaul, a major Japanese base for S.E.Asia. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2218.jpg
    DSCN2218.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN2221.jpg
    DSCN2221.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN2224.jpg
    DSCN2224.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN2222.jpg
    DSCN2222.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN2223.jpg
    DSCN2223.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 134
Excellent Robin. Lots of stories going on there. :salute::

The TG hut sits really well on your platform.

Steve

Excellent Robin. Lots of stories going on there. :salute::

The TG hut sits really well on your platform.

Steve

Funny thing about the platform Steve, I had made about 3 years ago for my English Civil War series for Charles the First to lose his head {eek3} and low and behold it fits the hut like a glove. Next week I will show you the inside which has come up brilliantly. Robin.

Robin,

Another terrific scene!👍👍. Do you paint the backdrops yourself? They really bring the whole diorama together.

Louis

ROBIN .. wow, where to start!
I have been looking at this diorama for a long time ... so many wonderful items.

First, the centerpiece, that hut is special. I have one and (NOW) I have some ideas, thanks to you.
The platform is a brilliant idea and works so well. Your builder is very good.

The JG grass mat fits with the jungle clearing setting and the background painting holds everything together.

Nice to see how K&C JN series and the TG RS series work so well together.

Where did you find the tall palm trees, they look good!

The hut / scene reminds me of the WWII movie GUNG HO with Randolph Scott and a (young) Robert Mitchum.
That is the one where the Raiders paint an American flag on the hut.
Then they lure the Japanese fighters to strafe and bomb the hut after the Raiders lured the Japanese soldiers inside.

Great Movie <> Great Diorama

PS: Also rather ingenious to add the radio tower, once again just like in the movie.

--- LaRRy

Last edited:
Robin...
this is one of the best set ups you have shown us to date...
your new TG hut looks great on the stand you made...
everything works here...
the ground work...the hut...the foliage...the trees...the back drop...the figures...
one of your very best efforts!

Robin,

Another terrific scene!👍👍. Do you paint the backdrops yourself? They really bring the whole diorama together.

Louis

Thanks Louis, my sister-in-law is the artist. I have commissioned 10 backdrops to date over the last 5 years, so it’s a slow process, but well worth it. No photo shop for me^&grin. Robin.

Robin...
this is one of the best set ups you have shown us to date...
your new TG hut looks great on the stand you made...
everything works here...
the ground work...the hut...the foliage...the trees...the back drop...the figures...
one of your very best efforts!

Seems I will have to try harder now to beat this effort Mike, dam.^&grin . Robin.

ROBIN .. wow, where to start!
I have been looking at this diorama for a long time ... so many wonderful items.

First, the centerpiece, that hut is special. I have one and (NOW) I have some ideas, thanks to you.
The platform is a brilliant idea and works so well. Your builder is very good.

The JG grass mat fits with the jungle clearing setting and the background painting holds everything together.

Nice to see how K&C JN series and the TG RS series work so well together.

Where did you find the tall palm trees, they look good!

The hut / scene reminds me of the WWII movie GUNG HO with Randolph Scott and a (young) Robert Mitchum.
That is the one where the Raiders paint an American flag on the hut.

Then they lure the Japanese fighters to strafe and bomb the hut after the Raiders lured the Japanese soldiers inside.

Great Movie <> Great Diorama

PS: Also rather ingenious to add the radio tower, once again just like in the movie.

--- LaRRy

Always appreciate feedback, especially when a lot of positive comments like you provide Larry. Have heaps of GJ items, but in this case the terrain mats are from Build-a-Rama. You have inspired me to put up another scene of the interior in the next hour, which I was saving for the next weeks offering. Keep turned and thank you once again for being on this forum, a great asset. Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back