Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (3 Viewers)

Martyn

You certainly have the best Trophy collection I have ever seen and her photos make them most appealing to the eye.

Randy

Thank you Randy, I get lots of ideas from both yourself and the Lt

Cheers

Martyn:)

This tractor was used in Zululand about 1906.
It looks very much like the Trophy tractor.

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 456
Mounted Officer City Imperial Volunteers (CIV) joins is troops

civ.jpg

Set#DB9 arrived at the Depot last week:D

Cheers

Martyn,

The Boers better be on the watch.

civ.jpg

Cheers

Great pictures Martyn.
Is that a K and C jetty by any chance?

hi martyn, those are fabulous navel gun sets, i had never seen them before. and i love the tractor. i myself only have one of the 4 man boer sets so far. it would be great to fly over there and see them all in person. dietz just lives a couple hours down the road, maybe i can talk him into flying over there for a major toy soldier hunting expedition mixed in with a few beers.

hi martyn, those are fabulous navel gun sets, i had never seen them before. and i love the tractor. i myself only have one of the 4 man boer sets so far. it would be great to fly over there and see them all in person. dietz just lives a couple hours down the road, maybe i can talk him into flying over there for a major toy soldier hunting expedition mixed in with a few beers.

I'm to assume you guys will have a layover at Kennedy or Newark? I can bypass TSA and bring the grappling hooks and suction cup glassholders. Wear all black!
Mike

Thank you Jeff, they are some of my favourites. You would be more than welcome to visit, just have to keep Mike on a short leash;):D

Cheers

Thank you Jeff, they are some of my favourites. You would be more than welcome to visit, just have to keep Mike on a short leash;):D

Cheers

Sounds good, I would like to go to Europe again oneday. I would like to see Londaon and Wales. I have only been to Croatia and that was in 1995. I should update my passport, I just checked it it expired 2 years ago.

Brian

Sounds good, I would like to go to Europe again oneday. I would like to see Londaon and Wales. I have only been to Croatia and that was in 1995. I should update my passport, I just checked it it expired 2 years ago.

Brian

I'm the same, mine ran out in 2006:eek:, getting the renewal form today.

Cheers

civ.jpg

Cheers

Earlier this year, someone from the U.K. had this City Imperial Volunteers six man set for sale on eBay. In his description, the seller stated that only ten (I think) sets had been made by Len on some sort of special commission. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he could verify that fact, since I happen to have this set in my collection and wondered how I could have been so lucky, if this were true. He replied that he had several of these sets and would check with another Trophy collector in the U.K., who also had several sets, to confirm this. I suspect that both these U.K. collectors are members of this forum.

I had bought my set on eBay several years before, without a box, and therefore without a set number. They were advertised as Australians and the manufacturer was not mentioned. I had never seen the set before but knew instantly that they were Trophy and CIV from the Boer War. My figures also have green, not brown, rectangular bases

Earlier this year, someone from the U.K. had this City Imperial Volunteers six man set for sale on eBay. In his description, the seller stated that only ten (I think) sets had been made by Len on some sort of special commission. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he could verify that fact, since I happen to have this set in my collection and wondered how I could have been so lucky, if this were true. He replied that he had several of these sets and would check with another Trophy collector in the U.K., who also had several sets, to confirm this. I suspect that both these U.K. collectors are members of this forum.

I had bought my set on eBay several years before, without a box, and therefore without a set number. They were advertised as Australians and the manufacturer was not mentioned. I had never seen the set before but knew instantly that they were Trophy and CIV from the Boer War. My figures also have green, not brown, rectangular bases

Hi Mike

Unfortunately I don't think the set is that rare as it was listed in the catalogue as:

set#SAS10 - THE COLUMN
Description as follows
"An Officer and five Privates (rifles at the slope) marching with full equipment wearing their distictive slouch hats. Boxed set."

Cheers

Hi Mike

Unfortunately I don't think the set is that rare as it was listed in the catalogue as:

set#SAS10 - THE COLUMN
Description as follows
"An Officer and five Privates (rifles at the slope) marching with full equipment wearing their distictive slouch hats. Boxed set."

Cheers

Martyn,

You are right; if it has a catalog number, it certainly was not a limited production, special commission. Unfortunately, my August 1, 1992 Trophy catalog only goes up to set SAS7 The Kaffrarian Rifles Pipers. Thanks.

Martyn,

You are right; if it has a catalog number, it certainly was not a limited production, special commission. Unfortunately, my August 1, 1992 Trophy catalog only goes up to set SAS7 The Kaffrarian Rifles Pipers. Thanks.

Hi Mike

Here is a bit more info

The set was also re-released as Dragon Crest set#DB10 The CIV column I have are set#SAS10 and the mounted Officer is set#DB9

Cheers

Now you got me thinking as i have a set just like that but i think the tunic and pants are the same color and i don't have the mounted officer. Does he come with the set and do i indeed have the hard to find set?

Now you got me thinking as i have a set just like that but i think the tunic and pants are the same color and i don't have the mounted officer. Does he come with the set and do i indeed have the hard to find set?

Note that the mounted officer has a different colored base than the foot figures. I believe it is from another set. The tunics on the figures in my set are darker than the hats and pants.

Note that the mounted officer has a different colored base than the foot figures. I believe it is from another set. The tunics on the figures in my set are darker than the hats and pants.

Hi Mike and Hawkeye

I have sets:
SAS10
DB9

DBEQ14 previously released as EQ55
Along with:
Officer with binoculars from set# EQ6A
In sets SAS10, DBEQ14 and DB9 (the mounted Officer and marching CIV soldiers) the jackets are a darker colour than the trousers. The private in DBEQ14 has the rifle on his left arm. The base colour varied, I even had Dervish warriors with green bases:D

These are some pages from my Boer War catalogues

Early catalogue

CIV1.jpg

CIV2.jpg

Later, Dragon Crest, catalogue

CIV3.jpg

Hope the above info helps. As I stated before I do not believe these are very rare sets, many would have been made, not thousands, but more than 10;)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back