Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (1 Viewer)

Morning All,How many members have a Tonga Ambulance from the Boer War ?
It was oxen drawn the two wheeled cart had a large canvas cover which in thrn was covered by a metal shield with large red cross.Two Indian stretcher bearers carried a wounded British soldier.The set was made early 70,s for Under Two Flags.I put a little extra into the woundes figure.one knee drawn up and his holding his chest,told Jock Couts it was a scots soldier wih his hand on his wallet ! Must have caught him on a bad day,"I want him lying to attention with bandaged head and a worried expression".
Over the years we did several restoration jobs,mainly the canvas that had rotted around the metal supports.The hardest part of this set was making the metal shield,I couldnt buy metal sheet thin enough,so we resorted to Heinz bean cans.A section was cut out brass rods were soldered to each corner,the panel wes formed around a wood template ,primed painted green with a red cross.This was prior to reference numbers,and before you ask !! I made less than thirty !.Jock set up a window display including the Tonga it was during the summer,he reported the the metal canopy flew off and wiped out some of the troops,what can you expect from a bean can.
Regards Len P.S I have photo,sif any one is interested,

Hello Len,
Welcome back, Len. This must be the one you were talking about.
Al

Hi Len and Al

Well at least we know where 3 sets are, and no I haven't got one:D

Cheers

Martyn:)

2nd SOMERSET LIGHT INFANTRY

Set#’s DB8, DB6 and DB7 x 3

2ndsomerset1.jpg

2ndsomerset2.jpg

Cheers

Great sets Martyn: Did you put those together or is that a 25 piece set Len use to specially make?

Many thanks Tommy. The set came in two boxes, a 24 figure box for the marching figures and a box for the mounted Officer

Cheers

Some Boer War sets. The matt figures are Dragon Crest

Attachments

• Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Boer war (83)-3.jpg
    Boer war (83)-3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Boer war (86).jpg
    Boer war (86).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 237
Some Boer War sets. The matt figures are Dragon Crest

Thanks for the picture Damian, they are exactly the ones I have asked Ken Jackson to produce, fingers crossed;)

Cheers

Guys,
I do not have much of Trophy's Boer War line (some artillery), but I sure love it. That traction engine I always regretted not buying, and those matt DC figures are very nice.
JW

Damian,
That tractor set is a great set, I wish I was collecting when that came out.

Brian

Guys,
I do not have much of Trophy's Boer War line (some artillery), but I sure love it. That traction engine I always regretted not buying, and those matt DC figures are very nice.
JW

Damian,
That tractor set is a great set, I wish I was collecting when that came out.

Brian

The Steam Traction Engine is a great set, The Guards Museum Shop still had it for sale until 2 years ago, right Damian;)

Cheers

The Steam Traction Engine is a great set, The Guards Museum Shop still had it for sale until 2 years ago, right Damian;)

Cheers

Lyn has all sorts of goodies hidden away. You either have to go there yourself or catch him at the right moment. As Martyn says I got this about two years ago from him and I think Martyn got the other one. It is a lovely set.

My latest Boer War addition, also suitable for the Zulu War

Set# EQ62 - SUPPLY WAGON

NB1EQ62.jpg

fits in with....

Set# EQ29B - GENERAL SERVICE WAGON

NB3EQ29B.jpg

and.........

Set# EQ15 - OXEN DRAWN SUPPLY WAGON

NB2EQ15.jpg

All three together

NB4NBWAGONS.jpg

Cheers

Old picture of part of my Boer War display

BOERWARDIO.jpg

Cheers

I'm in no position to judge but that is great stuff Martyn ^&cool

Cheers,

I'm in no position to judge but that is great stuff Martyn ^&cool

Cheers,

Many thanks Brad :salute::, I'm pleased to say that is on permanent display in one of my show cases

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back