Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (4 Viewers)

Set#DB4 - BLACK WATCH HIGHLANDERS in slouch hats

HSH1.jpg

HSH2.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

FIRST BOER WAR 1881

92nd Highlanders exchange fire with Boer snipers

bwmajuba.jpg

Cheers

FIRST BOER WAR 1881

92nd Highlanders exchange fire with Boer snipers

bwmajuba.jpg

Cheers

Wonderful set Martyn, I wished I found one :) and DB4 - BLACK WATCH HIGHLANDERS in slouch hats AS WELL!
Al

Hi ,They are meant to represent Lee-Enfield 303,s Having had the dubious pleasure of lugging one around the jungles of Negri Sembalan Malaya for some time I can confirm its pretty accurate for 54 m/m
Happy New Year Readers Len

Hi ,They are meant to represent Lee-Enfield 303,s Having had the dubious pleasure of lugging one around the jungles of Negri Sembalan Malaya for some time I can confirm its pretty accurate for 54 m/m
Happy New Year Readers Len

Hi Len

Happy New Year mate, speak to you later

Cheers

Martyn, What can I say, another beauty!;). I love all the Boer War stuff.
JW

Martyn,

Another great addition to your magic box of Trophy sets.

Brian

Thank you John and Brian.

I'm still on the look out for a few more inc:

C.I.V and Black Watch

Cheers

:eek::eek::eek:!!!!.........Excuse me! But does this mean that there are Trophy figures that you don't have in your collection?? :confused: :rolleyes::D:D

Jeff ( a little stunned) :)

:eek::eek::eek:!!!!.........Excuse me! But does this mean that there are Trophy figures that you don't have in your collection?? :confused: :rolleyes::D:D

Jeff ( a little stunned) :)

Afraid so Jeff, the search continues...........:D

Cheers

Afraid so Jeff, the search continues...........:D

Cheers

Hi Martyn: Len just told me the Boer sets were his worst sellers and not many sets were made which would explain why you don't see many of them.

Hi Martyn: Len just told me the Boer sets were his worst sellers and not many sets were made which would explain why you don't see many of them.

You are right Tommy, Len mentioned that to me, the best sellers apparently were the CIV's, they come up for sale now and again

Cheers

Morning All,How many members have a Tonga Ambulance from the Boer War ?
It was oxen drawn the two wheeled cart had a large canvas cover which in thrn was covered by a metal shield with large red cross.Two Indian stretcher bearers carried a wounded British soldier.The set was made early 70,s for Under Two Flags.I put a little extra into the woundes figure.one knee drawn up and his holding his chest,told Jock Couts it was a scots soldier wih his hand on his wallet ! Must have caught him on a bad day,"I want him lying to attention with bandaged head and a worried expression".
Over the years we did several restoration jobs,mainly the canvas that had rotted around the metal supports.The hardest part of this set was making the metal shield,I couldnt buy metal sheet thin enough,so we resorted to Heinz bean cans.A section was cut out brass rods were soldered to each corner,the panel wes formed around a wood template ,primed painted green with a red cross.This was prior to reference numbers,and before you ask !! I made less than thirty !.Jock set up a window display including the Tonga it was during the summer,he reported the the metal canopy flew off and wiped out some of the troops,what can you expect from a bean can.
Regards Len P.S I have photo,sif any one is interested,

Hi,We used three shades of khaki,light,dark and basic..A half gallon can was mixed at a time for each shade this quantity would last for ages,and when the day came to replenish the stock it was difficult to get an exact match.As a general rule helmets were light shade,tunic was light,pants basic and putties dark,that was the theory any way
Regards Len

Morning All,How many members have a Tonga Ambulance from the Boer War ?
It was oxen drawn the two wheeled cart had a large canvas cover which in thrn was covered by a metal shield with large red cross.Two Indian stretcher bearers carried a wounded British soldier.The set was made early 70,s for Under Two Flags.I put a little extra into the woundes figure.one knee drawn up and his holding his chest,told Jock Couts it was a scots soldier wih his hand on his wallet ! Must have caught him on a bad day,"I want him lying to attention with bandaged head and a worried expression".
Over the years we did several restoration jobs,mainly the canvas that had rotted around the metal supports.The hardest part of this set was making the metal shield,I couldnt buy metal sheet thin enough,so we resorted to Heinz bean cans.A section was cut out brass rods were soldered to each corner,the panel wes formed around a wood template ,primed painted green with a red cross.This was prior to reference numbers,and before you ask !! I made less than thirty !.Jock set up a window display including the Tonga it was during the summer,he reported the the metal canopy flew off and wiped out some of the troops,what can you expect from a bean can.
Regards Len P.S I have photo,sif any one is interested,

Hello Len,
Welcome back, Len. This must be the one you were talking about.
Al

Attachments

• oxen1.jpg
    oxen1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 193
  • oxen3.jpg
    oxen3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 188
  • oxen4.jpg
    oxen4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 195

Users who are viewing this thread