Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (4 Viewers)

Set# DB9 - CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS MOUNTED OFFICER with drawn sword

and

Set# DB8 - CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS MOUNTED OFFICER

cityoflondonvolunteersofficers.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

Great sets Tommy {bravo}}, I had been looking for them for nearly two years and then, last week, I found them ^&cool

I couldn't post a proper response as I had run out of posts on the 23rd of August, I did manage a "LIKE" tick ^&grin

Cheers

Thanks Martyn. Glad you found them and the other sets. Tommy

Set# EQ16/V – CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS – SCREW GUN BATTERY

civscrewgun.jpg

Set# EQ17/V - CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS - AMMUNITION MULE x 2

civammomules.jpg

Cheers

Set# EQ53 - DBEQ9/EQ53 - CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS - GENERAL SERVICE WAGON

civwaggon.jpg

Cheers

{bravo}}{bravo}}I see you put the icying on the cake this morning Martyn with the General Service Wagon {bravo}}{bravo}}

{bravo}}{bravo}}I see you put the icying on the cake this morning Martyn with the General Service Wagon {bravo}}{bravo}}

Many thanks Joe :salute:: glad you liked it

Cheers mate

Set# EQ53 - DBEQ9/EQ53 - CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS - GENERAL SERVICE WAGON

civwaggon.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

That General Service Wagon is right up there with the Steam Tractor and the Oxen Pulling the big naval gun, fantastic looking set!^&cool^&cool

Martyn,

That General Service Wagon is right up there with the Steam Tractor and the Oxen Pulling the big naval gun, fantastic looking set!^&cool^&cool

Many thanks Louis :salute::, it had been on my wants list for nearly 2 years ^&grin

Cheers

A column of CITY OF LONDON IMPERIAL VOLUNTEERS on the march

CIVCOLUMNpassesIsandlwana.jpg

CIVCOLUMN4.jpg

CIVCOLUMN8.jpg

CIVCOLUMN7.jpg

CIVCOLUMN6.jpg

CIVCOLUMN9.jpg

CIVCOLUMN5.jpg

Cheers

Fantastic sets Martyn, the Screw Gun Battery, Ox Drawn Water Cart and General Service Wagon are top notch, love the four horse team and out-riders with the GS Wagon. Well done sir, top marks on your C.I.V. on the march pictures.

{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

B. :salute::

Many thanks Buster, Joe and Tommy :salute:: glad you all liked the pictures

Cheers

I see what you mean now regarding Khaki is becoming one of your favourite colours as I suspect there will be a few more latest additions to come. :wink2:

Jeff :salute::

I see what you mean now regarding Khaki is becoming one of your favourite colours as I suspect there will be a few more latest additions to come. :wink2:

Jeff :salute::

Many thanks Jeff...you get the idea :salute::

Cheers

Re: Trophy - Boer War sets

Here is a picture taken from the magazine “With The Flag To Pretoria”

forcedmarchhighlanders.jpg

Here is my attempt to recreate the scene

forcedmarchblackandwhite.jpg

Here is the same picture in colour

forcedmarch.jpg

Cheers

Mounted Boer Commandos

boercommandos-1.jpg

boers.jpg

Cheers

Interesting set, Martyn
I have never seen early horse castings with attached bases which is quite unusual... maybe bases were added later? Did you ask Len?
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back