Trophy - Anglo Boer War sets (3 Viewers)

Interesting set, Martyn
I have never seen early horse castings with attached bases which is quite unusual... maybe bases were added later? Did you ask Len?
Al

Hi Al

There was a large order for ABW sets placed at the end of the 1990's, it included quite a few one offs including Indian Lancers even though Indian Lancers, from my investigations, never took part in the ABW. I managed to track down the bulk of the collection, the Lancers still elude me but I am not losing any sleep over them^&grin. All the mounted sets in the collection have large bases and as the Boer Commandos are from the earlier AZW series it probably does mean the bases were added to keep them uniform. Glad you like the set

Cheers

Martyn :)

Boer lines ouside Mafeking

boersoutsidemafeking.jpg

My version

boerbeforemafekingbw.jpg

boerbeforemafeking.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

I say Caruthers - A bit jolly unsporting, what. Those rotters are actually taking cover!:D

Having been privy once again to a sneak peak it's a pleasures seeing the photos for the seconnd time appearing on the forum. Thanks for sharing them with my fellow members Sir Martyn{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Having been privy once again to a sneak peak it's a pleasures seeing the photos for the seconnd time appearing on the forum. Thanks for sharing them with my fellow members Sir Martyn{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Many thanks Joe :salute::

Cheers mate

Boers surprised on a kopje at Belmont by The Grenadier Guards

bwsurprisingtheboer.jpg

grenadierguardsboerssurprisedblackandwhite.jpg

grenadierguardsboerssurprised.jpg

Cheers

A nice way to enjoy my morning being introduced to General Cronje and thank you Sir Martyn for sharing him.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

A nice way to enjoy my morning being introduced to General Cronje and thank you Sir Martyn for sharing him.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

You most welcome Joe, glad you liked the pictures :salute::

Cheers mate

REMOVING THE WOUNDED

WOUNDED.jpg

WOUNDEDa.jpg

WOUNDEDblackandwhite.jpg

Includes a couple of Little Legion "Specials"

Cheers

Once again Martyn a great way of featuring an sharing your Boer War Sets. Thank you good Sir.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Once again Martyn a great way of featuring an sharing your Boer War Sets. Thank you good Sir.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Glad you like the pictures Joe :salute::

Cheers mate

REMOVING THE WOUNDED

Includes a couple of Little Legion "Specials"

Cheers

Another great spot on rendition Martyn, the Trophy fit in perfectly and it's nice to see a couple of Mike's figures lending a hand. :wink2:

{bravo}}

B.

Another great spot on rendition Martyn, the Trophy fit in perfectly and it's nice to see a couple of Mike's figures lending a hand. :wink2:

{bravo}}

B.

Many thanks Buster :salute::

The stretcher bearers are Trophy and the other two are Little Legion...but I'll bet you had that worked out:wink2:

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back