Trophy - zulu war sets (2 Viewers)

Hi Martyn,

The VC winners released as single figure sets have rather unique "rosy cheeks".

This is in contrast to the VC winners figures issued with the Storehouse sets (and ZS52) that do not feature this.

I do not recall other Trophy figures (other than some ? early figures) to have this facial feature.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Hi Martyn,

The VC winners released as single figure sets have rather unique "rosy cheeks".

This is in contrast to the VC winners figures issued with the Storehouse sets (and ZS52) that do not feature this.

I do not recall other Trophy figures (other than some ? early figures) to have this facial feature.

Hi Raymond

I agree that is very reminisent of the older toy soldier style of painting, I shall ask Len if this was intentional

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Raymond

I agree that is very reminisent of the older toy soldier style of painting, I shall ask Len if this was intentional

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

Marlborough Military Models is quite consistent with this "rosy cheeks" feature, as was Blenheim and some other retired gloss figure manufacturers.

Here is

ZS61 PRIVATE F. HITCH V.C. 2/24 REGIMENT

ZS61HITCH.jpg

ZS61HITCHB.jpg

This figure can be found in several different sets and various Campaigns but is usually bareheaded, he appears in "Hookey leads them out" wearing a helmet

Cheers

Thank you, Martyn for the great pictures.
Al

Thanks Al, I hope they help collectors track down any missing figures from their collections that may be for sale without boxes

Cheers

Nice piece indeed, I am still missing one with a different base from Rorke's Drift set.
Al

Nice piece indeed, I am still missing one with a different base from Rorke's Drift set.
Al

Hi Al

Is that Dalton with the thick base from the first Defence of Rorkes's Drift set?

Cheers

Is this the Dalton Martyn and AL he's been on my want list for many a moon
along with these two and thanks Martyn for featuring your single VC Winners.........The Lt.

Attachments

• ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg
    ZULUWAR-CHARD-BROMHEAD-DALTON-REYNO.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 118
  • ZULUWAR-JCHICK1335-REVSMITH-PIP-XHO.jpg
    ZULUWAR-JCHICK1335-REVSMITH-PIP-XHO.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 129
  • ZULUWAR-ADENDORF-BRYNE-CPLANDERSON-.jpg
    ZULUWAR-ADENDORF-BRYNE-CPLANDERSON-.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 115
Is this the Dalton Martyn and AL he's been on my want list for many a moon
along with these two and thanks Martyn for featuring your single VC Winners.........The Lt.

Thanks Joe
That was the one I was thinking

Cheers

Thanks for posting your figures. It is nice to see what is out there waiting to be found.

Brian

Hi Al

Is that Dalton with the thick base from the first Defence of Rorkes's Drift set?

Cheers

Yes, it's Martyn
They packed this set with a dup of another figure at "Len's Factory":eek: Just my luck. I located missing piece but I am still negotiating with a guy...
Al

Yes, it's Martyn
They packed this set with a dup of another figure at "Len's Factory":eek: Just my luck. I located missing piece but I am still negotiating with a guy...
Al

Hope you finish the set Al, I've been looking for Joe's missing figures but with no luck yet:(

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back