Martyn:)

Royal Artillery in action

GUNS4.jpg

attheguns1.jpg

attheguns2.jpg

attheguns3.jpg

Cheers

Spectacular as usual!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool Your Trophy collection does for Trophy what Hans, Larry, Kevin and I tried to do for K&C - it catalogues all production, just about every figure from what I can see, and is truly outstanding!

My one suggestion, for when you do the photography, would be to buy one each of the very reasonably priced desert and grassy matts offered by Build-A-Rama or JG Miniatures. Figures as magnificent as the Trophy soldiers in your collection, in such realistic poses (I gave my buddy Hans a Trophy Royal Engineer's Pontoon set where the figures held ropes, and if you moved the figures, the pontoon actually moved on the wagon) would look even better on one of these very realistic matts.:wink2:

Spectacular as usual!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool Your Trophy collection does for Trophy what Hans, Larry, Kevin and I tried to do for K&C - it catalogues all production, just about every figure from what I can see, and is truly outstanding!

My one suggestion, for when you do the photography, would be to buy one each of the very reasonably priced desert and grassy matts offered by Build-A-Rama or JG Miniatures. Figures as magnificent as the Trophy soldiers in your collection, in such realistic poses (I gave my buddy Hans a Trophy Royal Engineer's Pontoon set where the figures held ropes, and if you moved the figures, the pontoon actually moved on the wagon) would look even better on one of these very realistic matts.:wink2:

Many thanks Louis, that Pontoon set (unloading), along with the Pontoon set (on the march) are a couple of my favourites :salute:::salute::

Cheers

The welcoming celebrations begins for the arrival of the uMXAPHO Regiment

zulu1.jpg

Cheers

My dearest Martyn,

Would you be ever so kind as to post a picture of TD3A Patrol Under Attack? I've scoured this thread, and Google, and I cannot find a picture of the set. I know I've seen it in the past, so I reckon it was one of your pictures.

Dave

My dearest Martyn,

Would you be ever so kind as to post a picture of TD3A Patrol Under Attack? I've scoured this thread, and Google, and I cannot find a picture of the set. I know I've seen it in the past, so I reckon it was one of your pictures.

Dave

Leave it with me Dave, in the meantime............

Next Zulu Regiment to arrive are the Indlondlo

Set# ZS19 x 2

zulu2.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

My dearest Martyn,

Dave

Here it is Dave

TD3A.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

Thanks! I've got the three troopers and their mounts (knocking on wood because they're still in the custody of the U.S.P.S.), and I've got a number of the wounded Zulu. Now I just have to find three bushes.

Dave

Here it is Dave

TD3A.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

Thanks! I've got the three troopers and their mounts (knocking on wood because they're still in the custody of the U.S.P.S.), and I've got a number of the wounded Zulu. Now I just have to find three bushes.

Dave

Excellent Dave you have the bulk of the set.{bravo}}

I found an extra Trooper and horse at the London Show last year along with a couple of bushes, they do turn up.

Cheers

Martyn,

I really need to get to one of the London shows.

Dave

Excellent Dave you have the bulk of the set.{bravo}}

I found an extra Trooper and horse at the London Show last year along with a couple of bushes, they do turn up.

Cheers

Martyn,

I really need to get to one of the London shows.

Dave

You never know what will turn up Dave, I found the vast majority of my Egypt and The Sudan sets at the Show over the last 3 years. I'll post pictures later of the extras I found to go with the original TD3A set

Cheers

Martyn

The welcoming celebrations continue for the arrival of the uMXAPHO Regiment

The uThulwana are the next Regiment to arrive

Set# ZS54 x 4

zulu4.jpg

Cheers

Here it is Dave

TD3A.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for posting this pic, Martyn. It made me look at my set closer because I noticed that the horses have swords and scabbards in your photo. The horses in my set do NOT have this accessory. The mounting holes (in the horse blanket) are present but the swords themselves were never added as the holes are painted the same blue as the blanket with no evidence of glue or missing parts. Perhaps I have a very rare "error" edition. Could be worth millions.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Thanks for posting this pic, Martyn. It made me look at my set closer because I noticed that the horses have swords and scabbards in your photo. The horses in my set do NOT have this accessory. The mounting holes (in the horse blanket) are present but the swords themselves were never added as the holes are painted the same blue as the blanket with no evidence of glue or missing parts. Perhaps I have a very rare "error" edition. Could be worth millions.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Could well be Al ^&grin, although I have a couple more horses, one with a Trooper, one horse has a sword and scabbard the other doesn't, there is also no mounting hole for a scabbard on the horse that doesn't {eek3}^&confuse I found these on my hunting trips:wink2:

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back