Trophy - zulu war sets (3 Viewers)

The Battle of Gingindlovu was fought on 2 April 1879

Among the British forces present were the 60th Rifles and Naval Brigade , which included the Royal Marine Light Infantry and sailors from HMS Shah and HMS Boadicea. The Naval Brigade had several Gatling guns and Rocket Battery. The Naval Brigade Rocket Battery were different to the Royal Artillery version, the NB used tubes whereas the RA used troughs.

The two Rocket tubes in action, commanded by Lieutenant Cane of the “Shah”

GINNBROCKETS2.jpg

GINNBROCKETS3.jpg

GINNBROCKETS1.jpg

Wagons - WBritain

Rocket tubes - GICOP

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hmmmmmmmmm, GICOP Rocket tubes. ^&confuse Someone better tell Mike N. he has some competition. {eek3}

Excellent pictures of some great Trophy figures, nicely done Martyn. {bravo}}

B.

Hmmmmmmmmm, GICOP Rocket tubes. ^&confuse Someone better tell Mike N. he has some competition. {eek3}

Excellent pictures of some great Trophy figures, nicely done Martyn. {bravo}}

B.

Many thanks Buster, I'll get them on Mikes list ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Martyn, are you going into the toy soldier business? Or are you freelancing.

The Battle of Gingindlovu was fought on 2 April 1879

Among the British forces present were the 60th Rifles and Naval Brigade , which included the Royal Marine Light Infantry and sailors from HMS Shah and HMS Boadicea. The Naval Brigade had several Gatling guns and Rocket Battery. The Naval Brigade Rocket Battery were different to the Royal Artillery version, the NB used tubes whereas the RA used troughs.

Here are the 60th Rifles, with their Commanding Officer Colonel F.V.Northey who lost his life in the action

gin60thrifles.jpg

These are soldiers of the Royal Marine Light Infantry

ginrmli.jpg

Some of the sailors from HMS Shah (recruited from Little Legion)

GINNB.jpg

The two Rocket tubes in action, commanded by Lieutenant Cane of the “Shah”

GINNBROCKETS2.jpg

GINNBROCKETS3.jpg

GINNBROCKETS1.jpg

Wagons - WBritain

Rocket tubes - GICOP

Cheers

Somebody should tell that guy - to move his box of fireworks Martyn! The backblast from those tubes is going to be a problem!;):D

congreve01.gif

Somebody should tell that guy - to move his box of fireworks Martyn! The backblast from those tubes is going to be a problem!;):D

congreve01.gif

Great picture jb, would they be "AERIAL BOMBS" that STANDARD FIREWORKS used to make ^&grin

Cheers

I'm pretty sure that the "Fireworks" in question were far more powerful than those!

For the sake of completeness - and if you ever consider making up a trough type of launcher - here's another pic for you.^&grin{sm3}

Congreve-Rocket-qpr-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the "Fireworks" in question were far more powerful than those!

For the sake of completeness - and if you ever consider making up a trough type of launcher - here's another pic for you.^&grin{sm3}

Congreve-Rocket-qpr-1.jpg

Hi jb many thanks for the picture but when Trophy released set EQ36 - ROCKET BATTERY it came with two rocket troughs....but you know me, two was never enough, I found another couple:wink2:^&grin

Here is a picture of my original EQ36 set

EQ36 - HALES ROCKET BATTERY

RB1.jpg

Cheers

Aha - Bagged a pair already, I see - and it isn't anywhere near November yet!

Nice!^&cool

Martyn...your Rocket Crews are too cool...wow...they really have a dicharge from the pictures...better move those ammo crates away from them...^&grin

Aha - Bagged a pair already, I see - and it isn't anywhere near November yet!

Nice!^&cool

Martyn...your Rocket Crews are too cool...wow...they really have a dicharge from the pictures...better move those ammo crates away from them...^&grin

Many thanks Michael and jb :salute:: as it says on the label "Light blue touchpaper and stand well back" ^&grin

Cheers

natalnativehorse_zpsbdbf7cc3.jpg

NATAL NATIVE HORSE

Set# ZS44 - EUROPEAN OFFICER, 2 NATIVE TROOPERS
Set# ZS45 - 3 NATIVE TROOPERS
Set# HZ16 "SPECIAL" - NATIVE TROOPER WOUNDED AND FALLEN FROM HORSE

Cheers

Wonderful group, Martyn.
Could you please post a close-up picture of HZ16 "Special" when you have a chance.
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back