Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (3 Viewers)

Re: Walking Dead

Leaving the audience guessing as to who dies is a common device and I wouldn't have expected anything else.

It might be a common devise, but it's been talked about for weeks; "When Negan shows up, a character is going to die", there has been loads of speculation as to who it was going to be (I know, I know Michael, you know who it is, now you can't tell for six months................) and to end the season like that is cheesy IMO.

Maybe Michael is right and ratings are down, but this show is the talk of the town wherever I go, people love this show.

Two weeks in a row an episode ended with blood on the camera; well at least Daryl is ok..............or is he?

I was looking this morning at the column the Times runs every Monday (which has a comments section) and by and large most commenters agree with you.

I think the writers just wussed out. By IDing the victim killed by Negan, the writers would have had to listen to the fans screaming at them for killing such a popular character for the next several months. By waiting until next season, the writers will only get feedback for a week, until the next episode airs and the story moves past the death. It's sort of like a child's pet dying. Instead of allowing a grieving period, the well-intended parents get a new pet right away, to distract the kid from his grief. If, say, Glenn gets zonked, fans would probably have preferred knowing last night, giving them the summer to yak about it. Now, the fans will have to process the loss in a week and move on. Or it could just be a TV show and I'm full of crap.:rolleyes2:{sm3} -- Al

I think the writers just wussed out. By IDing the victim killed by Negan, the writers would have had to listen to the fans screaming at them for killing such a popular character for the next several months. By waiting until next season, the writers will only get feedback for a week, until the next episode airs and the story moves past the death. It's sort of like a child's pet dying. Instead of allowing a grieving period, the well-intended parents get a new pet right away, to distract the kid from his grief. If, say, Glenn gets zonked, fans would probably have preferred knowing last night, giving them the summer to yak about it. Now, the fans will have to process the loss in a week and move on. Or it could just be a TV show and I'm full of crap.:rolleyes2:{sm3} -- Al

A very thorough and convincing analysis ^&cool

IMO, The Walking Dead has lost it way because its become a freakin CASH COW!.

Its why they make these Horse Hockey season ending episodes. Its gets the advertisers bidding up ad prices for next season. May even have help push prices up for other shows.

The TWD is my favorite show. Or at least it has been. But now that its gone into full fledged milking mode, I dont know. I watch to be entertained, not manipulated.

I understand that a TV show has to attract viewers. But really? Just make a da** good show and people will watch. This last bit was just a pure and unadulterated flim flam perpetrated on the viewers.

In the first few years, they were unafraid to kill of main characters -- which was one of the beauties of the show because you never know who might go -- but in the last couple of years they have don't that: protecting the franchise.

I think your right Brad.Maybe even Kirkman and Gimple haven't decided who it is yet.I think it's Darryl as he's having his own show come June ^&grin.I was right about Captain Vane on Black Sails.
Mark

I think your right Brad.Maybe even Kirkman and Gimple haven't decided who it is yet.I think it's Darryl as he's having his own show come June ^&grin.I was right about Captain Vane on Black Sails.
Mark

I think they might lose too much of their audience if they knock off Darryl, he'd be up there with Rick and a few others when it comes to popularity. I really don't think they are brave enough to remove a core member just yet, but then again?

Like some of you have suggested things are looking a little predictable with the next season. I haven't read any of the books or bothered to go online looking for reviews etc, but it seems inevitable now that a major show-down between the Saviours and the other 3x groups is likely if they want to survive.

I could imagine the bulk of the next season will be getting the three groups to work togther. This could explain Carol going walk-about with Morgan in tow, now that they have made contact with the Horse group or whatever name they use.

Just some thoughts?

I think they might lose too much of their audience if they knock off Darryl, he'd be up there with Rick and a few others when it comes to popularity. I really don't think they are brave enough to remove a core member just yet, but then again?

Like some of you have suggested things are looking a little predictable with the next season. I haven't read any of the books or bothered to go online looking for reviews etc, but it seems inevitable now that a major show-down between the Saviours and the other 3x groups is likely if they want to survive.

I could imagine the bulk of the next season will be getting the three groups to work togther. This could explain Carol going walk-about with Morgan in tow, now that they have made contact with the Horse group or whatever name they use.

Just some thoughts?

I've been giving this some thought; it seems like the more this goes on, the less of a threat the zombies are and the more of a threat other humans are.

Would this really be the case if this were real life? In the end, probably yes.

I'm wondering if Ricks group was set up in all of this by the group Jesus is a part of (their name escapes me for a moment) as the deal was "So if we take out the Saviors, we get half of your stuff, right?"...........well maybe the saviors are already getting half of their stuff, so the theory is if Ricks group gets wiped out, they get half of nothing and life goes on, if they wipe out the Saviors, life also goes on and either way, half their stuff is gone.

I find it hard to believe they'd send Ricks group in knowing they are outnumbered what, four or five to one?

So next season is going to all be about how three groups try to unite to take out one with zombies sprinkled in for effect now and again?

Gee, can't wait.................

Mark

I read on another forum earlier today that if you slow down the audio during the final scene, it's very clear who it was that got their coconut bashed in.

At this point I'm not sure if I want to bother, but there it is if you are so inclined.

I think you have to have the ability to do that. Not sure I do.

I don't think the Hilltop Group knows how many Saviors there are.I don't think The Saviors let anyone know how many there are,
Mark

Next season we will learn that Glenn slid under a dumpster at the last minute and Negan beat the daylights out of it. It happened to be filled with cans of tomato juice which looked like blood. This show is starting to remind me of those old movie serials that ended with a cliff hanger where it seemed impossible for the hero to survivor. Then when they pick up the story they move the goal posts and introduce something new. We know Rick, Daryl, the boy, Glenn and Maggie are safe. I doubt they knock off Abraham, the ninja woman or the Elvis guy. So that narrows it down to the guy from Alexandria and Abraham's girlfriend.

Or maybe, just maybe, Negan spills Rick's brains all over the pavement, and takes over the series lead. But that would take bigger cajones than those writers would ever think of having.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Or maybe, just maybe, Negan spills Rick's brains all over the pavement, and takes over the series lead. But that would take bigger cajones than those writers would ever think of having.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Wouldn't that practically end the series?

I rewatched the season finale a short time ago, plus I listened to the slowed down audio I mentioned earlier and I nailed it; Negan killed the camera man...................

Maybe they will kill him at the end of next year, like they did with Walter White in Breaking Bad.

Since all we have are guesses now, as I was watching the show last night, I was wondering how long I would have survived in such a world and I don't think it would have been very long. What say you?

I don't think I would either.Unless I had Eugene to protect me!{eek3}^&grin
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back