Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Stopped watching a few seasons ago....same old story, more and more drama and more and more pain and suffering.
I think that they milked the story line way more than they should....it has to end at some point, how many bad guys can you fight and how many walkers, bidders or whatever else they are called can you kill before it all ends!!!

From what I’ve read, the show is being re-booted, with Rick to exit early in the year and Maggie sometime later. Apparently, they’re bringing in a lot of new people and changing the series quite a bit.

From what I’ve read, the show is being re-booted, with Rick to exit early in the year and Maggie sometime later. Apparently, they’re bringing in a lot of new people and changing the series quite a bit.

That worked in Fear the Walking Dead but I think there is a lot more audience investment in TWD characters like Rick and Daryl who have been around for years. Hard to imagine the show being the same without Rick. In some ways, it is his show as most of the narrative is filtered through his character.

Will be tough to maintain the same 'feel' to the show with Rick and Maggie gone. Think the audience will naturally focus on Carol, Darryl, and Michonne as the most appealing and familiar remaining characters. The Negan character remains an interesting story line but the others, such as Tara, Eugene, Gabriel, Aaron, etc. really don't hold much appeal. I wonder if the show will become more focused on the few remaining original actors as opposed to adding a slew of new characters and trying to get the audience invested on newcomers. I wouldn't mind a more focused approach on a smaller group of the originals. Kind of tired of trying to keep up with more and more new characters. Put Carol, Darryl, and Michonne back on the road and get the heck out of Fortress Alexandria. -- Al

Remember, new season starts this coming Sunday, 10/7.
Also, AMC is re-running all the previous seasons this week as a run-up to the premier. Season 1, E2 on right now. -- Al

Remember, new season starts this coming Sunday, 10/7.
Also, AMC is re-running all the previous seasons this week as a run-up to the premier. Season 1, E2 on right now. -- Al
I saw the ad for the new season this AM, and they are being advertised as 'The Final Episodes', for what it's worth. I guess someone made the decision not to carry on the series with Rick and Maggie leaving. -- Al
OOPs. Just saw the ad again and it says RICK GRIMES final episodes, so maybe it ain't all over after all.

Last edited:
I saw the ad for the new season this AM, and they are being advertised as 'The Final Episodes', for what it's worth. I guess someone made the decision not to carry on the series with Rick and Maggie leaving. -- Al
OOPs. Just saw the ad again and it says RICK GRIMES final episodes, so maybe it ain't all over after all.

Yes, I saw those as well. It seems very odd given the sensitivity to "spoilers." Maybe they believe it has already been publicized to the point that everyone already knows and they are using it to generate interest. The whole thing has the feel of being intentionally leaked months ago for that purpose. Think of the sensation, though, if they just killed Rick off without any prior warning. That would have put their audience into a frenzy.

They apparently brought in one of the writers, Angela Kang, to be the new showrunner, which means executive producer; I was unfamiliar with this term until last week. I think she is the one behind the re-boot. If she’s unsuccessful, I’d imagine this would be the last season.

I will continue to watch the show but the gritty on your seat episodes seem to be gone.I didn't like where they kept Neegen alive.In that kind of world you need to get rid of your enemies.
Mark0000

Been watching the re-runs leading up to the new season. I'd forgotten how good the 4th season episodes were, including the shootout at the prison; the scattering of the survivors and the adventures on the road as they all headed to Terminus; especially the heartbreaking episode when Carol had to put down the twisted girl who had killed her young sister; Season 5 started with the rock'em sock'em episode where the gang takes down Terminus. Great shows. -- Al

Hey, neato! After all this time in Alexandria, the gang finally crossed the Potomac to visit DC and they're doing the whole tourist thing with the museums.^&grin -- Al

Hey, neato! After all this time in Alexandria, the gang finally crossed the Potomac to visit DC and they're doing the whole tourist thing with the museums.^&grin -- Al
It's not nice to cross Maggie... -- Al

Ha :smile2:

I really liked the season 9 premiere. Nice to see the zombies getting back into the mix. And the focus back onto the main characters. Daryl was like an oracle for the fans who have been disappointed with the most recent seasons.

I can't imagine watching this show without Rick; as preachy as he gets, he's the main character, the whole show revolves around him, how can it go on without him?

No Archie, no All in the Family
No Fred, no Sanford and son
No Sam, no Cheers
No Richie, no Happy Days
No...………..well you get the idea, without him, it seems sort of pointless.

I can't imagine watching this show without Rick; as preachy as he gets, he's the main character, the whole show revolves around him, how can it go on without him?

No Archie, no All in the Family
No Fred, no Sanford and son
No Sam, no Cheers
No Richie, no Happy Days
No...………..well you get the idea, without him, it seems sort of pointless.
Yeah, gonna be tough to write him out and still carry on the story line. Maggie is also leaving, so how does the show survive? That will leave Darryl, Carol, and Michonne of the originals, and really, as far as I'm concerned, the only characters I would still be willing to watch, although Negan, scuz that he is, could be interesting. Maybe they can build around King Ezekiel and his dreadlocks.:rolleyes2: Anyway, the show is going to be gutted (har-har) and maybe it's time to wrap it up. -- Al

Yeah, gonna be tough to write him out and still carry on the story line. Maggie is also leaving, so how does the show survive? That will leave Darryl, Carol, and Michonne of the originals, and really, as far as I'm concerned, the only characters I would still be willing to watch, although Negan, scuz that he is, could be interesting. Maybe they can build around King Ezekiel and his dreadlocks.:rolleyes2: Anyway, the show is going to be gutted (har-har) and maybe it's time to wrap it up. -- Al

Wow, Maggie too; yeah, that leaves just Darryl as a character to be invested in, him and Carol are the lone survivors from the Atlanta group, no one from the farm is still in the mix, it's getting harder to stay committed to the show...…….yeah, maybe it's time to wrap it up is right.

Wow, Maggie too; yeah, that leaves just Darryl as a character to be invested in, him and Carol are the lone survivors from the Atlanta group, no one from the farm is still in the mix, it's getting harder to stay committed to the show...…….yeah, maybe it's time to wrap it up is right.

I can live without Maggie. She is on top of my most annoying character list since the demise of Carl. Pushing a baby stroller around after dark and falling for the old they defaced Glen's grave trick was not too bright. Too much of her self-righteous speechifying as Daryl might say if they gave him more lines.

I can live without Maggie. She is on top of my most annoying character list since the demise of Carl. Pushing a baby stroller around after dark and falling for the old they defaced Glen's grave trick was not too bright. Too much of her self-righteous speechifying as Daryl might say if they gave him more lines.
Agree about Maggie. She has gone a bit dark and is a bit too dictatorial, not to mention her obsession with Negan. Just because he bashed Glen's head in, heck, it was overdue. Glen should have been chomped at the dumpster he hid under way back when. I'm also sorry the writers dumped Morgan as I much preferred his staff work to all the knife work. I liked his wandering Samurai character. -- Al

There are basically no likeable characters left on the WD. They essentially either killed off the likeabke ones, I presume for shock value, ie Glen and Abraham, or have engineered such dramatic change in their personalities as to be unrecognizable and not relatable. Daryl is perhaps the lone exception.

I liked Maggie when she was still the innocent, strong willed country girl with a bit of humility. Now she is an arrogant primadonna, despite not being near the fighter that others are. And somehow, we don’t know the specifics, she has become this great leader of people. I guess because she is still riled about Glen and is channeling her righteous rage. Hmmmm

Carol as A1 badass I’ve never bought. She doesn’t have the physical stature, nor demeanor. She is not physically intimidating. In that world physicality would be very important. They should have given her some other skill, like stealth, or technique, rather than trying to make us believe that she thrives in this universe when she was nearly overwhelmed in a normal world. Not believable.

People don’t change much once they’re out of high school or early 20s. Inate traits become magnified, not erased and replaced with entirely new ones. Rick should still be acting like the sheriff he was, not a reborn megalomaniacal killer, unless maybe it’s zombie killing time.

They did the same thing with Morgan. Made him a warrior, then a pacifist, then a warrior again. Seems like poor writing to me.

Also, way too much moralizing and not so subtle social messaging. I’m not watching the show for life lessons. I’m watching it to be entertained. I haven’t been truly scared by a zombie attack in years. Really?

While I was glad they finally killed off the annoying Gregory, they seem to relish keeping unsavory unlikable characters around. Why? Just for the satisfaction of killing them off? Or witnessing their unlikely transformations? Nope. Highly unreliastic and contrived.

Clearly, the WD stories are based on a comic book series. They wouldn’t cut it anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back