Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (4 Viewers)

Negan is a particularly interesting character, almost delicious in a way. I agree with Doug. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a heck of a job.

George asks why take the stuff if you're going to burn it. Why? Because you can. That's the ultimate in power.

I have not been commenting since I have not been watching WD..I have also stopped reading the books. Get used to NEGAN! Get used to human on human nonstop conflict..Get used to zombies being window dressing. This whole ride is about how badly man can treat man to the extremes and when one bad guy fails, there is always someone worse waiting..Both book and series have become depressing, predictable, and without any thought to an end game where human morality actually wins..Michael

The theme of this show boils down to civilization vs barbarism. And what civilized people do when confronted with evil. Do they become like the bad guys and fight fire with fire or do they maintain their humanity? In the latter case they are at a disadvantage in many instances because no rules restrain the bad guys. It is a bit like the fight against terrorism in the real world. I do think it is unrealistic that the topic of the zombies and why they exist is rarely even raised. They seem more concerned with counting cans of beans than trying to understand what is going on.

In a post-apocalyptic world, it's the survival of the fittest. When I first started watching the show, I was struck how human beings didn't want to help their fellows human beings but focus only on themselves and their own little band. Negan and his band seem the epitome of that. I wonder if that is how the concept of a king and his vassals began.

In a post-apocalyptic world, it's the survival of the fittest. When I first started watching the show, I was struck how human beings didn't want to help their fellows human beings but focus only on themselves and their own little band. Negan and his band seem the epitome of that. I wonder if that is how the concept of a king and his vassals began.

Yes, but they do this show with parameters. I think a book/movie like "The Road" gets it closer to what things might be like. It would be a whole lot worse than TWD even without the zombies. There was also an interesting book where people started going blind and were confined to a camp. The darker elements of society would really be unleashed pretty quickly when the food, medicine and electricity go. Within a few weeks it would be anarchy since almost no one is self-sufficient.

I watched "The Road"only once.It was a good movie but one of the bleakest movies I ever saw.It was scary because it was so realistic.Just can't get myself to watch it again.
Mark

I thought "The Road" was the most spectacularly depressive film I have ever seen. I love it. It is a tough watch but it is so well done, so realistic, shot in it's low light, low color medium, that it is, IMO, the best of the post-apocalyptic films that I have seen. This is NOT a family film.:wink2: -- Al

I thought "The Road" was the most spectacularly depressive film I have ever seen. I love it. It is a tough watch but it is so well done, so realistic, shot in it's low light, low color medium, that it is, IMO, the best of the post-apocalyptic films that I have seen. This is NOT a family film.:wink2: -- Al

"Blindness" by José Saramago is the other bleak one I was thinking of. Pretty good insight on human nature and how things fall apart when people suddenly begin going blind. The book is better than the movie though. The Walking Dead for all its occasional graphic violence has certain comic book parameters that it doesn't cross.

I'm gathering by the number of comments on Sunday's episode -- 0! -- that this show is losing steam.

I'm gathering by the number of comments on Sunday's episode -- 0! -- that this show is losing steam.

Probably more a reflection of the holiday week. I think the ratings are pretty good. The leader of Hilltown reminds me of Dr. Smith from Lost in Space. The boy is all mopey again which seems to work with the girls but is extremely annoying.

rumor is the actor that plays Karl wants to do other things. Not sure how true it is, but the show is sure setting it up in case they decide to get rid of him

rumor is the actor that plays Karl wants to do other things. Not sure how true it is, but the show is sure setting it up in case they decide to get rid of him

Good, move on to other things so you can get whacked, that Charlies Angels feathered hairdo of his is beyond annoying...............

That kid obviously doesn't recognize how fortunate he is. Most actors would kill for a successful series, and most don't get one. He shouldn't be so impatient. Plenty of time to do other things once the show ends and he has a fortune in the bank to indulge 'other things'. Take the bucks as long as they will pay. -- Al

There has been a ratings drop for each subsequent episode this season. Actually near season 3 ratings ,according to the experts. I would submit that most zombie fans watch a zombie series to see zombies. Human drama can be had from any number of non zombie shows out there. The core audience of young folks bore easily when 2 guys are constantly yelling at each other, but perk up if the 2 guys are yelling at each other to watch out for the incoming zombie horde..Michael

I think being on a show like that it's worth the risk.
Mark

Why? If he can't get decent work because all producers/directors/casting execs think of him as "Carl," was it worth it? Doubtful.

David Caruso left a hit show to become a movie star and he flopped,finally got on CSI Miami and said he would never leave,Denzil Washington and George Clooney made it but I would classify the kid more as a Caruso than a Washington or Clooney,especially with that hair.^&grin
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back