WB ACW #31056 "Loading Canister" (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
UPS dropped this off at the door this evening, Wm Britain ACW #31056 Union Artillery 12 Pound Napoleon with 4-Man Crew "Loading Canister. Extremely nice set and very well done. Once again Richard Walker and Ken Osen paid attention to historical detail, for example; the number 3 man which uses his thumg to cover the vent while the charge is being rammed, is wearing a protective leather thumbstall on his thumb so it won't get burned. Who else would have thought of this small but very important detail? Also, proper headgear - forage caps and a beehive, none of those farby kepis. This set certainly shows off the artillery knowledge that Ken has as a result of being a very serious ACW artillery re-enactor. Combine this knowledge with his artistic talent as a master sculpter and . . . . "Home Run". In the same delivery, I also received three additioanl 12-pound Napoleons - Now I have a full Union 6-gun artillery battery. I just need to crew three of the guns now.
:) Mike

PICT0001-7.jpg

PICT0002-5.jpg

PICT0003-5.jpg

PICT0004-3.jpg

This is a picture of WB #31056 with WB #17779 and a Conte officer from set #ACW57161 used as a two-gun artillery section.

PICT0005-1.jpg

Nice. The #2 Gunner is smartly preserving his right hand.

It's always nice to see you at play with your new arrivals Mike along with featuring your Conte Officer they do look good an play well together. Nice addition to the building of your Gun Battery. As a former Artilley Battery Commander it was always great having the man power to man my six guns:cool::cool::cool:The Lt.

Mike

I love the walk around photos. It's like being there for a re-enactment.

Randy

Mike: I agree great articulation and interpretation by Ken and likewise, Mike, your photography and staging is as always top notch. The essence of artillery is packaged tightly with this well executed sculpt and your great usage of scenery. At some point with the 150th anniversary of the ACW next year I hope you can put together a first class cavalry depiction. Richard sent me an e mail indicating that Ken is working on some real nice stuff for next year. The dismounted Union Cavalry should all be out by October. I hope you can put together another top flight scene for us on those rollouts. Most enjoyable...Rejoice in that great Wisconsin air this weekend too and wish those golfers up at Kohler a great tourney.

Your photo scenes are stunning as always Mike. Rec'd my artillery set today and agree, it is fantastic looking. :D K&C Brit horse artillery gunner has a leather thumb guard as well. ;)

Thanks to all; Titus, Scott (Britfarmer), Scott, Joe, Randy, Jefman, and Terp152.

Mike: I agree great articulation and interpretation by Ken and likewise, Mike, your photography and staging is as always top notch. The essence of artillery is packaged tightly with this well executed sculpt and your great usage of scenery. At some point with the 150th anniversary of the ACW next year I hope you can put together a first class cavalry depiction. Richard sent me an e mail indicating that Ken is working on some real nice stuff for next year. The dismounted Union Cavalry should all be out by October. I hope you can put together another top flight scene for us on those rollouts. Most enjoyable...Rejoice in that great Wisconsin air this weekend too and wish those golfers up at Kohler a great tourney.

As soon as they are out, I will put together a scene featuring the new dismounted cavalry troopers. I hope that WB will consider more mounted cavalry also - these are certainly lacking in their ACW series - especailly Confederates - only two troopers :(. I have also suggested to Ken and Richard on developiong a set that has a trooper holding the 3 horses of the troopers that are on the "firing line". More cavalry - definately

Mike,

Nice sets, they look great next to the split rail fence.

Thanks Mike...You are music to my ears. I like other manufacturers but W Britains is what I collect and once you build a loyalty to a brand you stick with it. To that end we need more Confederate Cavalry. Richard and Ken have what it takes to expand that line out in 2011 and I'm sure they will deliver with both mounted and dismounted forms. In the meantime enjoy that new artillery set...a real jewell and one that really exudes accuracy and realism.

Thanks to all; Titus, Scott (Britfarmer), Scott, Joe, Randy, Jefman, and Terp152.

As soon as they are out, I will put together a scene featuring the new dismounted cavalry troopers. I hope that WB will consider more mounted cavalry also - these are certainly lacking in their ACW series - especailly Confederates - only two troopers :(. I have also suggested to Ken and Richard on developiong a set that has a trooper holding the 3 horses of the troopers that are on the "firing line". More cavalry - definately

Bet you see them Mike

Mike...the pictures and figures are beautiful...you are acquiring quite an extensive artillery crew and battery to play with...great acquisitions...

Looks Great Mike - love your displays !!

Can't wait to get mine in the mail - although I have mixed feelings on building up my Union Artillery :p ;)

Superb set Mike arranged into yet another piece of "Mestell Magic"

Bob

more magic for sure coming out of Mike....starting to look for it everytime I get on.....wonderful photos.....nice detail......

Great addition Mike, beautiful pictures:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thank you; Brian, Joe, Michael, Ron, Bob, rharry, and Martyn.

Thanks Mike...You are music to my ears. I like other manufacturers but W Britains is what I collect and once you build a loyalty to a brand you stick with it. To that end we need more Confederate Cavalry. Richard and Ken have what it takes to expand that line out in 2011 and I'm sure they will deliver with both mounted and dismounted forms. In the meantime enjoy that new artillery set...a real jewell and one that really exudes accuracy and realism.

I primarily collect the William Britain/First Gear ACW sets although I have augmented my collection with some Old Northwest Toy Company and earlier Conte sets which I know were sculpted by Ken Osen - these ONTC and Conte sets match up very well with the newer WB sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back