What Do You Do For A Living (1 Viewer)

I,m a union fire sprinkler fitter, and no they don,t work like in the movies where if you put your lighter under a sprinkler head it will set off all the sprinkler heads in the building! only the head you put the lighter under would go off!

I get asked that question a bit and it cracks me up when I see that in movies. Not to mention the water damage that would cause!:eek:

Civilian job- lettuce inspector at Taco Bell

Military Job- in flight missle repairman- 17 flights and 17 happy landings!!

I have been in the Financial Services business , Sales for 19 years. My first and only job. It a great job. I am essentially self employed. It nice to know that no one messes with me as long as I keep selling! Greg

Marketing and Advertising Manager. Specialized on international markets (Asia, Hispanic and English/non-American). Took an early retirement from AT&T Corp. because of a merger and buyout by Southwestern Bell. Moved from Bridgewater,NJ to Peoria, AZ and currently work as a Guest Teacher at the Peoria and Dysart School Districts.

:rolleyes: I'm a Retired Hit-Man for the Cordelone Family! But on the other hand , I wanted to become a STUD! I Love Gorgeous Women, Especially Blonde's! And Now I'm Collecting Toy Soldiers, but I can't "WHACK" them?

:rolleyes: I'm a Retired Hit-Man for the Cordelone Family! But on the other hand , I wanted to become a STUD! I Love Gorgeous Women, Especially Blonde's! And Now I'm Collecting Toy Soldiers, but I can't "WHACK" them?

...did you try those KC Egyptian dancers?
N-P

Well, he loves gorgeous women (who doesn't?) but do they love him back?:eek:

Speaking for myself only, I can tell you they don't. :(

Fulltime pizza restaurant owner, full-time dad, full-time husband, but only part of the time. Actually part-time ebay seller, and doing very well at that, but then that's fun.....Mark

The Zoo Is Busy This Time Of The Year. Lotts Of Restless Animals To Take Care Of.

I am a Law Librarian for the Counsel's Office of the New York State office of Court Administration.

A CPA (Certified pain in the you know..), anyhow, started as a tax guy, now perform various consulting services.
Tom

i have a degree in commercial/fine art, worked in publishing, ran a small ad agency and for 23 years drove a truck for federal express. was diagnosed by the va with major disability about 20 years ago but it didnt stop me from working with fed ex until 4 years ago. the va said i couldnt work anymore, then fed ex said if the government says you cant work then you cant work anymore for us. so now i'm retired, drink a lot of coffee, smoke a lot of cigars and buy a lot of toy soldiers. life is good. now if i could only get rid of my wife.......

I see we have quite a few retired police officers here, but I have many more years to reach that point since I have changed retirement systems. I am now with the Federal government. My prior positions include police officer, FLEO, attorney, and college professor.

Andy,

Sound like you've had an interesting career from ad agency to Fed Ex driver. As for your wife, well Mr. Gambale would be interested........:rolleyes:

My career hasn't been that interesting although my pre law school jobs were a little varied: movie usher (saw the Graduate at least 60 times), short order cook (I wasn't an overwhelming success), grade change clerk at George Washington University (got a good girlfriend out of it, for awhile anyway) and court reporter (got an ulcer but another girlfriend out of it too; she eventually dumped me :eek:).

Arrrggghhh I did not know this was also what have you done!

college - supermarket - Lifeguard - Hotel Fitness instructor -Hotel Health Club Manager - Tennis & Country Club Assitnt manger - then for my last 9 years Reacquet and health Club manager of the biggest Private tennis Club in North of England - Then Toy soldiers!

Dispatch dave worked with me in the last nine years at the Tennis club and now is the expert who checks and sends all the orders!

Tony

I too didn't realise it was a list of previous posts oh well here goes:

Pole dancer in Amsterdam, Burger master for Elvis Presley,quality control officer for Cadbury(fired for taking work home with me)Underwear consultant for Jennifer Anniston(divorced for taking work home with me)Space cowboy,Knight of the round table,Postman.Only kidding about the postman i made that one up.:D

Rob

Last edited:
Hi there,
John here.
In the Midlands UK.

I am a retired Physical Training Instructor, I still run and swim every day, and I have not put on an ounce of weight since I left the Royal Navy in 1964, weighing 160 llbs.

I hold the World Record for remaining on a treadmill (Stationary) and I love to write fiction. So much so, it has become a strong compulsion, each time I sit at my PC. I just can't stop making up stories.

At least you can rely on the fact that I was a PTI! I will leave the rest to your imaginations. :D

Welcome to the forum John,i think you'll fit in real well around here!.Its a great forum with lots of really nice people,hope you have a lot of fun.What do you collect?

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back