What else do you collect beside toy soldiers (1 Viewer)

Just picked up this Ambrotype of a Union Soldier. Any of you Civil War experts recognize the uniform? I'd love to narrow down his unit.

Attachments

• Ambrotype 1.jpg
    Ambrotype 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Ambrotype 2.jpg
    Ambrotype 2.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Ambrotype 3.jpg
    Ambrotype 3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Ambrotype 4.jpg
    Ambrotype 4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 260
  • Ambrotype 5.jpg
    Ambrotype 5.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 269
Louis,
Keep posting your acquisitions brother! I am a lazy fug when it comes to that, so I know it takes some effort and I am enjoying yours!

Thank you
TD

Gentle Friends,

I have edited some of the content of this thread in order to remove some rude comments. This thread is enjoyed by many, but we need to keep the discussion appropriate and civil. Rekp has been excused from this discussion.

Thanks for your understanding.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Gentle Friends,

I have edited some of the content of this thread in order to remove some rude comments. This thread is enjoyed by many, but we need to keep the discussion appropriate and civil. Rekp has been excused from this discussion.

Thanks for your understanding.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Thanks Pat, probably the most odd rudeness I have witnessed in the history of the forum. Sadly it will probably not be the last.
Tom

Thanks Pat, probably the most odd rudeness I have witnessed in the history of the forum. Sadly it will probably not be the last.
Tom

Yeah, that Larry from Waldoboro is a real **** stirring ballbreaker...………..oh wait, it wasn't him?...…………..:wink2:

But I did notice he was smack dab in the middle of some sort of buffoonery, don't let that hayseed from Mayberry RFD hobo joe act of his fool you...………………………………:smile2:

Yeah, that Larry from Waldoboro is a real **** stirring ballbreaker...………..oh wait, it wasn't him?...…………..:wink2:

But I did notice he was smack dab in the middle of some sort of buffoonery, don't let that hayseed from Mayberry RFD hobo joe act of his fool you...………………………………:smile2:

I unfortunately missed Larry's add in too! Our forum moderators were too kind IMO, sometimes you need to just say it like it is and call out bad behavior publically so it will tend to not show itself in the future. And No, as much as I would like to tag in and help you beat on Larry, he was not the culprit!

Ya know George, in the Immortal Words of DeGeneration X, some situations only require a response of "I have 2 words for ya...…………………………..:)

TD

I unfortunately missed Larry's add in too! Our forum moderators were too kind IMO, sometimes you need to just say it like it is and call out bad behavior publically so it will tend to not show itself in the future. And No, as much as I would like to tag in and help you beat on Larry, he was not the culprit!

Ya know George, in the Immortal Words of DeGeneration X, some situations only require a response of "I have 2 words for ya...…………………………..:)

TD

Nah, just funning, Larry was a victim of wrong place/wrong time I'm sure, I've never once seen Larry end up in hot water over self inflicted buffoonery...………………………:wink2:

Nah, just funning, Larry was a victim of wrong place/wrong time I'm sure, I've never once seen Larry end up in hot water over self inflicted buffoonery...………………………:wink2:

I know you were and was back. I still say that when we get posts like that, those 2 immortal words apply! Entering my 20's in the 90s, those late 90s early 2000's wrasslin folks provided the ideal primetime 20-59 year old male equivalent of a soap opera. Very many funny catchphrases were used around the office during that time especially in the loony 3 months of tax season!

PS I am awaiting the METOO scandal of Wrestling to appear...………………………………………………:)

TD

I saw that post a few minutes after it was posted. And while I had several responses, I try not to get in fights online. Most of my responses would contain language that is not allowed or the sarcasm wouldn't have come across the way it was meant to so why bother. I also thought Louis would ignore it as he seems to be a kind soul. His reply confirmed my opinion on him.
I don't understand envy and the hatred of someone who has more than the other. Those people may have worked harder, studied longer, they may be smarter, been luckier, their parents may have worked harder and left it to them. Here's a idea, work harder, study more, save more, buy less. You will have more money one day too.
Just my two pennies worth.

I saw that post a few minutes after it was posted. And while I had several responses, I try not to get in fights online. Most of my responses would contain language that is not allowed or the sarcasm wouldn't have come across the way it was meant to so why bother. I also thought Louis would ignore it as he seems to be a kind soul. His reply confirmed my opinion on him.
I don't understand envy and the hatred of someone who has more than the other. Those people may have worked harder, studied longer, they may be smarter, been luckier, their parents may have worked harder and left it to them. Here's a idea, work harder, study more, save more, buy less. You will have more money one day too.
Just my two pennies worth.

Truer words have not been posted, some of youse guys are nicer than me as I can be brutally black and white.

I love to appreciate all goodies and material items. Once I get past family and friends and health, they are what makes life fun. So while I may not have everything my heart desires, i love to look at other's collections, that is part of the fun. And truthfully, it motivates me in some ways if I see something I really like, I try to go after it!

TD

Just funnin' here.
What I posted was a link to the great scene in Robin Williams movie HOOK, where he (Peter Pan) and Rufio were trading insults at the "pretend" dinner table.
BEST back and forth EVER. ^&grin

I am going to have a shot at trying to remember Robin's (or Peter Pan's) final verbal assault so I can use it at one of George's next shows.

I would re-post the link, but I fear it would be shut done and I would be abandoned to the Toy Soldiers purgatory.
"OR WORSE" …. be punished by being sent to work at "FAST EDDIE's tables. {eek3}

--- LaRRy

The new WWI Black Watch uniform on display:

Attachments

• Black Watch WWI Uniform 1.jpg
    Black Watch WWI Uniform 1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Black Watch WWI Uniform 2.jpg
    Black Watch WWI Uniform 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 481
And my two biggest toy soldiers on display together . . .

Attachments

• Big Soldiers.jpg
    Big Soldiers.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 209
That is an awesome piece Louis regarding the Black Watch uniform. Any history to go along with it?

That is an awesome piece Louis regarding the Black Watch uniform. Any history to go along with it?
I got it from a militaria dealer who got it from an estate sale. Probably somebody's father's uniform sold when the son or daughter passed. Here are a few more recent acquisitions on display:

Attachments

• American Revolutionary War WPA Doll 1.jpg
    American Revolutionary War WPA Doll 1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Antique Painting of Zouave 1.jpg
    Antique Painting of Zouave 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 311
  • British Trench Art Doll 1.jpg
    British Trench Art Doll 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 201
  • British Trench Art Doll 2.jpg
    British Trench Art Doll 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 298
I picked up two more Antique Steiff WWI Soldier Dolls, a "Young Hero" (at 21 cm, the smallest, intended for children to play with) Bosnian Infantryman ("Michael") and a German Cavalryman in a Fieldgray uniform (35 cm, in need of restoration):

Attachments

• Bosnian Young Hero 3.JPG
    Bosnian Young Hero 3.JPG
    758.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Steiff Uhlan in Feldmutze Cap 2.jpg
    Steiff Uhlan in Feldmutze Cap 2.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 176
I picked up this French Franco Prussian War Medal to add to my Franco Prussian War display:

Attachments

• Franco Prussian War Medal.jpg
    Franco Prussian War Medal.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back