What German AFVs Has K&C Missed? (1 Viewer)

Re: What Has K&C Missed?

Well said Neil! :) Its fast becoming my favourite K&C range of all and yesterday I spotted a pic that gave me an idea for what I hope will be a really nice dio featuring quite a few sets from it....watch this space:wink2:

Rob

Sound interesting Rob ^&cool. Looking forward to getting my Spitfire this week{sm4}

Why edit my post................................^&confuse
might as well delete it now it makes no sense..........:(

Looks like it makes sense Wayne, you've just listed more German AFV's?

Rob

i have only been collecting for the last two years so i do not know about the early k&c figures and vehicles but i think i have not seen :
-sdkfz panzerwerfer
-sdkfz sonderkraftfahrzeug
-goliath tracked mine
-sdkfz 234/2 puma
-bergepanther armoured recovery vehicle
guy

hi guy, i am all on board with the puma, the normandy version used by the waffen ss. Also a prime mover 8 ton with the quad aa. I know andy could figure out a way to do it. I almost forgot. Normandy falschirmjager the kc way

I'm sure Terry could help with a list here, I'd like to see any of the SPG's the Germans used that haven't been made yet, whether they be German built or captured/modified vehicles. The Hummel and Grille are very nice models from K&C and I'd like to see more of these if poss.

Rob

I'm sure Terry could help with a list here, I'd like to see any of the SPG's the Germans used that haven't been made yet, whether they be German built or captured/modified vehicles. The Hummel and Grille are very nice models from K&C and I'd like to see more of these if poss.

Rob

The list of those missed SPG's is in the first post of this thread. It was an innocent information list. You've turned it into a wish list. {sm2}{sm4}

Terry

The list of those missed SPG's is in the first post of this thread. It was an innocent information list. You've turned it into a wish list. {sm2}{sm4}

Terry

Have I ????^&confuse

Rob

Iam surprised the prototype porsche Tiger has never been produced. I think its much more interesting than the actual production tank.
Mitch

Terry

It was the Wespe I was thinking of, so are there only two SPGs not been made by K&C then?

Rob

It was the Wespe I was thinking of, so are there only two SPGs not been made by K&C then?

Rob

The Wespe is on the list. And yes, there are only 2 SPG's that K&C has not made yet. Unless you include the 15cm Lorraine Schlepper converted from a captured French AFV - same AFV as was used to create the Marder I. There were almost 100 of them, So it should probably be added to the list. The only other one I can think of is the Karl Gerat mortar, but that is huge and as a model would cost a fortune.

But that doesn't include any that Andy might invent, you might see in a vision, or Kilted Vampire might create a name for {sm4}{sm4}

Terry

The Wespe is on the list. And yes, there are only 2 SPG's that K&C has not made yet. Unless you include the 15cm Lorraine Schlepper converted from a captured French AFV - same AFV as was used to create the Marder I. There were almost 100 of them, So it should probably be added to the list. The only other one I can think of is the Karl Gerat mortar, but that is huge and as a model would cost a fortune.

But that doesn't include any that Andy might invent, you might see in a vision, or Kilted Vampire might create a name for {sm4}{sm4}

Terry

Terence, can poss post a pic or link to site for pictures I can post for the Wespe? Every single pic I want to post always has copyright bla bla next to it and I don't know if I should be posting it?

I very much like the German SPG's, we often talk about how cool the Tanks were but the SPG's are worth a shout out too.

Rob

Terence, can poss post a pic or link to site for pictures I can post for the Wespe? Every single pic I want to post always has copyright bla bla next to it and I don't know if I should be posting it?

I very much like the German SPG's, we often talk about how cool the Tanks were but the SPG's are worth a shout out too.

Rob

Here is a Wespe on a Panzer II chassis. The gun is a 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. Almost 700 were built.

wespe800px-SdKfz124.jpg

Here is a Lorraine Schlepper - a 15cm howitzer on a captured Lorraine 37 L tractor. About 100 of these were built.

llorraine_150_mm_self-propelled_howitzer_2.JPG

And here is the Marder I on a Lorraine 37 L tractor with the 75mm anti-tank gun. About 170 were made (followed by the Marder II on a Panzer II chassis and the Marder III on a 38(t) chassis.

Marder-I-Saumur.jpg

Terry

Here is a Wespe on a Panzer II chassis. The gun is a 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. Almost 700 were built.

View attachment 80706

Here is a Lorraine Schlepper - a 15cm howitzer on a captured Lorraine 37 L tractor. About 100 of these were built.

View attachment 80707

And here is the Marder I on a Lorraine 37 L tractor with the 75mm anti-tank gun. About 170 were made (followed by the Marder II on a Panzer II chassis and the Marder III on a 38(t) chassis.

View attachment 80708

Terry

Thank you Terry, very kind of you to take the trouble. Very interesting pics.

Rob

Thank you Terry, very kind of you to take the trouble. Very interesting pics.

Rob

I can't see K&C making a Karl Gerat 60cm SPG. It's as long as 2 Tiger tanks and weighs more than 2 Tigers.

Terry

Not an AFV but, we have been all around the doors... why no Nebelwerfers??? Quite amazed that these are not more frequently asked for
Mitch

Not an AFV but, we have been all around the doors... why no Nebelwerfers??? Quite amazed that these are not more frequently asked for
Mitch

A Panzerwerfer 42 is on the list - a self propelled Nebelwerfer on an armored maultier.

Panzerwerfer_alias_Maultier.jpg

Terry

Attachments

• Panzerwerfer_alias_Maultier.jpg
    Panzerwerfer_alias_Maultier.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 124

To the Forum Membership,
Merely an observation by a traditionalist. Reading this thread, and the responses to date, I had to go back to the home page to make sure I was still on 'The Toy Soldier Forum', and not the 'Model Armored Fighting Vehicle Collector's Forum'. Recognizing that modern warfare has long been mechanized, I still find it intriguing that of the 55 replies to this thread to date, only 3 have specifically mentioned recommendations for figures, formerly aka 'toy soldiers'. Obviously I'm certain I will be immediately reminded that it is the 21st Century. I have mentioned this fact before, perhaps in a slightly different context, but not the less, the hobby of 'toy soldier collecting' has obviously evolved. Please don't get me wrong, I started building and collecting aircraft and AFV models, as well as toy soldiers, in the late '40s as a young pre-teen. What I do see is a whole new dimension occurring in the hobby driven by what the military defines as interoperability. This manifests itself in the form of continuing issues being raised, regarding such things as consistency of scale, style, paint finish, etc.
Arnhemjim
Arizona Territory

To the Forum Membership,
Merely an observation by a traditionalist. Reading this thread, and the responses to date, I had to go back to the home page to make sure I was still on 'The Toy Soldier Forum', and not the 'Model Armored Fighting Vehicle Collector's Forum'. Recognizing that modern warfare has long been mechanized, I still find it intriguing that of the 55 replies to this thread to date, only 3 have specifically mentioned recommendations for figures, formerly aka 'toy soldiers'. Obviously I'm certain I will be immediately reminded that it is the 21st Century. I have mentioned this fact before, perhaps in a slightly different context, but not the less, the hobby of 'toy soldier collecting' has obviously evolved. Please don't get me wrong, I started building and collecting aircraft and AFV models, as well as toy soldiers, in the late '40s as a young pre-teen. What I do see is a whole new dimension occurring in the hobby driven by what the military defines as interoperability. This manifests itself in the form of continuing issues being raised, regarding such things as consistency of scale, style, paint finish, etc.
Arnhemjim
Arizona Territory

Arnhemjim, Terry set out in the first sentence of post that he was talking about German AFV's, I think thats why there have been few mentions of Toy Soldier figures. I'm sure someone could start a thread about figures not yet made, that would probably run and run!{eek3}

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back