What German AFVs Has K&C Missed? (3 Viewers)

Re: What Has K&C Missed?

Jim....

Come on my friend.. its the 21st century!!!!!LOL
Mitch

To the Forum Membership,
Merely an observation by a traditionalist. Reading this thread, and the responses to date, I had to go back to the home page to make sure I was still on 'The Toy Soldier Forum', and not the 'Model Armored Fighting Vehicle Collector's Forum'. Recognizing that modern warfare has long been mechanized, I still find it intriguing that of the 55 replies to this thread to date, only 3 have specifically mentioned recommendations for figures, formerly aka 'toy soldiers'. Obviously I'm certain I will be immediately reminded that it is the 21st Century. I have mentioned this fact before, perhaps in a slightly different context, but not the less, the hobby of 'toy soldier collecting' has obviously evolved. Please don't get me wrong, I started building and collecting aircraft and AFV models, as well as toy soldiers, in the late '40s as a young pre-teen. What I do see is a whole new dimension occurring in the hobby driven by what the military defines as interoperability. This manifests itself in the form of continuing issues being raised, regarding such things as consistency of scale, style, paint finish, etc.
Arnhemjim
Arizona Territory

I didn't read through all the threads. It appears most are stuck on WWII. What about modern vehicles, such as cold war, Vietnam, Falklands, Iraq multinalional, Afghanistan multinaltional (US & USSR), AFVs & figurines?

I didn't read through all the threads. It appears most are stuck on WWII. What about modern vehicles, such as cold war, Vietnam, Falklands, Iraq multinalional, Afghanistan multinaltional (US & USSR), AFVs & figurines?

I think there are none of those because Terry asked the question ' which Nazi AFV' s have been missed so far ' ? So these later conflicts would not be included.

Rob

I have changed the title of the thread to reflect Terry's original question. Please try to stay on topic.

I have changed the title of the thread to reflect Terry's original question. Please try to stay on topic.

Scott, apologies for my inadvertent drifting of thread earlier, get carried away chatting sometimes :wink2:

Cheers

Rob

Re: What has K&C Missed?”

Hi guys,

I would agree that there are definitely more than a few items K&C has missed over the years.

However in my humble defense I would suggest that we’ve actually produced more vehicles and aircraft for the German, American and British forces (plus a few odd Russian, Japanese and Italian as well) than the rest of our competitors combined!!! Not too shabby eh?

Best wishes and thanks for the suggestions… I like quite a few of ‘em!
Andy C.

Hi guys,

I would agree that there are definitely more than a few items K&C has missed over the years.

However in my humble defense I would suggest that we’ve actually produced more vehicles and aircraft for the German, American and British forces (plus a few odd Russian, Japanese and Italian as well) than the rest of our competitors combined!!! Not too shabby eh?

Andy C.

Plenty of time to catch up Jimmy................:)

Hi guys,

Andy C.

Andy, before anyone else makes the terrible pun I'll do it....do you mean 'In my HUMMEL defense' !:rolleyes2:^&grin.

Look forward to having a chat with you in London two weeks tomorrow mate

All the best

Rob

Hi guys,

Andy C.

They weren't suggestions Andy - just a simple checklist. You know I'd never push you to produce any particular AFV. {sm4}

Terry

They weren't suggestions Andy - just a simple checklist. You know I'd never push you to produce any particular AFV. {sm4}

Terry

{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}

He actually wrote that on a public forum!!!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

How about these two. I don't think any manufacturer has made one. The sdkfz251/7 bridgelaying halftrack is pretty cool.

Tom

Attachments

• sdkfz251-7 Bridgelaying Halftrack 1.jpg
    sdkfz251-7 Bridgelaying Halftrack 1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 166
  • sdkfz251-7 Bridgelaying Halftrack 2.jpg
    sdkfz251-7 Bridgelaying Halftrack 2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Flakpanzer IV.jpg
    Flakpanzer IV.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 182
Or one of these !!

Abwurfvorrichtungen on Pz.Kpfw.1

As ordered by the General der Pioniere und Festungen ( engineers and fortifications) on 28 December 1939: Through In 6 the liad of the army has ordered the rapid procurement of 100 Abwurfvorrichtungen (explosive charge dropping device) for Panzer units. These devices had already been developed, and were proven successful by Pionier-Battalion 38 of the 2.Panzer-Division.
From inside a buttoned-up Pz.Kpfw.1 it was possible to use this Abwurfvorrichtung, mounted on the rear deck, to drop explosive charges weighing up to 50 kilograms onto obstacles and barriers. The device was operated by pulling a bodwen cable.

Every Panzer-Division was to be issued 10 Abwurfvorrichtungen.
These Abwurfvorrichtungen were mounted on the rear deck of Pz.Kpfrv.1 Ausf.B. In the case of Pionier-Battalion 38, a larger version was mounted of the rear of a Pz.Kpfw.II

On 4 March 1940, orders were issued to create a Panzer-Pionier-Kompanie in each Panzer-Division Organízed in accordance with K.St.N.716 (Behelf) dated 6 March 1940, each Panzer-Pionier-Kompanie
was to have two Zerstörungszuge (destruction platoons) each with five Pz.Kpfw.1 (M.G.) (Sd.Kfz.101). Orders had already been given on 21 February 1940 to issue 11 Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf.B to each Pionier-Battalion, one for the company commatnder and five each for the 1. and 2.Zug. The vehicle was used in France and the desert, in later teather is was not a succes because its weak armor.

dibujotu9.jpgdibujogk2.jpg

They missed this....

Pre WW2 "tank" of Germany in 1930 's . None of this tank exists today as they were all scrapped - notice the number of turrets this tank has ! {sm3}

13072012-1.jpg

Below is a Dragon Armor model 1/72 scale of above tank - a beauty she is

13072012-2a.jpg

But I think is very difficult to make this in PLOYSTINE @ 1:30 scale - too complex

Sturmtiger
Mitch

Attachments

• Sturmtiger-01 (500x358).jpg
    Sturmtiger-01 (500x358).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 150
Late model Pz. IV (long barrel 75mm) with side skirts in Normandy camo...........long overdue. :confused: This was the workhorse of the German panzer divisions and one of their most numerous tanks on the battlefield.

A few years ago K&C did a very nice limited editon "Meyer" command Sdkfz 251 1/2 track command version. More recently they produced a 251 mounting a 75mm PAK.

It would be nice sometime to have a "vanilla" standard 251, perhaps with a complement of panzer grenadiers.

Terry...

Great thread. I would like to see the sturmtiger and brumbar also. I think many you mentioned are prime for being created. I would like a standar Panzer IV with long barral also.

I know Andy mentioned that single gun flakpanzers would be easier to do but, would like to see a wirbelwind, mobelwagon or kugelblitz they are missing especially, with the focus on Normandy. I do like the idea of the early war panzers on the chech chassis.

Definately need a new Jagdpanther and, what probably many may post a late war Tiger I

Maybe some of the smaller converted AFV's such as the Panzer I flak which, would be a good little and interesting set. Could be a 250 with grey winter and summer addressed.
Mitch

Yes, give us this... PANZER long barrel - the workhorse of Germany tank... in GREY please ! {sm3}

03082012-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back