What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

picking up a few more winter Britains.

25047.jpg
25049.jpg

Picked up this piece for use in my RAF bunker scene.... {sm4}

RAF024.jpg~original

32058871756_f93b861465_o.jpg

31256611094_96d19456af_o.jpg

Re: Farmyard Vignette

Continuing with my rural civilian themed part of my collection I received this week from Nik Biberovic at Alexander's Toy Soldiers a small but beautifully formed vignette that shows a couple of Victorian farm labourers watering their horses /ponies at the end of another exhausting day on the land. The inspiration for this piece came from an old sepia photograph that showed a similar scene from 1834 that I came across while searching for images of old farming methods and machinery on the Internet.

For those collectors that like to know the origins of the figures used, the two farm labourers are conversions from the ATS workman set from their highly successful and popular Newbury Street Civilian range while the horses are a couple of unsaddled examples from the ATS Crimean War Cavalry Stables series of figures. The grey coloured horse is a "Trout" grey which I am reliably informed apparently refers to the spots on the coat resembling the colour of the spots found on rainbow trout!

As I always struggle to upload images to the forum my good friend and fellow ATS enthusiast John O'Brien in Fremantle in Western Australia who many of you will know from his many informative posts not to mention his painting skills showcased on the forum will be uploading some photos of this piece later today or tomorrow allowing for the time differences. Also for those collectors that subscribe to Toy Soldier Collector magazine this vignette will hopefully feature in the pages of that publication in a forthcoming issue. Again for the information and hopefully the interest of collectors of civilian themed subjects I am in the process of developing a Blacksmith/Farrier scene with Nik that should hopefully see the light of day later in the year so watch this space.
Regards
acw cavalry

Re: Farmyard Vignette

Continuing with my rural civilian themed part of my collection I received this week from Nik Biberovic at Alexander's Toy Soldiers a small but beautifully formed vignette that shows a couple of Victorian farm labourers watering their horses /ponies at the end of another exhausting day on the land. The inspiration for this piece came from an old sepia photograph that showed a similar scene from 1834 that I came across while searching for images of old farming methods and machinery on the Internet.

For those collectors that like to know the origins of the figures used, the two farm labourers are conversions from the ATS workman set from their highly successful and popular Newbury Street Civilian range while the horses are a couple of unsaddled examples from the ATS Crimean War Cavalry Stables series of figures. The grey coloured horse is a "Trout" grey which I am reliably informed apparently refers to the spots on the coat resembling the colour of the spots found on rainbow trout!

As I always struggle to upload images to the forum my good friend and fellow ATS enthusiast John O'Brien in Fremantle in Western Australia who many of you will know from his many informative posts not to mention his painting skills showcased on the forum will be uploading some photos of this piece later today or tomorrow allowing for the time differences. Also for those collectors that subscribe to Toy Soldier Collector magazine this vignette will hopefully feature in the pages of that publication in a forthcoming issue. Again for the information and hopefully the interest of collectors of civilian themed subjects I am in the process of developing a Blacksmith/Farrier scene with Nik that should hopefully see the light of day later in the year so watch this space.
Regards
acw cavalry

A requested, here are the pictures of this fine piece of work. John

h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg

Agree a lovely unusual vignette. A set which begs to be incorporated in a larger scene perhaps . Robin.

Rec'd the TGM Siemens Shuckert. Very nice late war model. Chris

URL=http://s862.photobucket.com/user/terp152/media/Thomas%20Gunn/IMG_0784_zps146l8plf.jpg.html]
IMG_0784_zps146l8plf.jpg
[/URL]

URL=http://s862.photobucket.com/user/terp152/media/Thomas%20Gunn/IMG_0784_zps146l8plf.jpg.html]
IMG_0784_zps146l8plf.jpg
[/URL]

There's Ernst Udet's aircraft with his red fuselage and girlfriends name on it. He was consistent. Don't know if he put 'Lo!' on every plane he flew but he had it on his Albatros, triplane, D-7, and this Siemens. Superb looking model, very vibrant colors and excellent lozenge camo. That is a VERY nice plane, Chris. -- Al

Attachments

• Trophy Stretcher Team 1.jpg
    Trophy Stretcher Team 1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 397
  • Trophy Stretcher Team 2.jpg
    Trophy Stretcher Team 2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 431
  • Trophy Stretcher Team 3.jpg
    Trophy Stretcher Team 3.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 400

IMG_0784_zps146l8plf.jpg
[/URL]

Quite the paint scheme on this Bi-plane ! :salute:: wow

Wayne

After waiting three years, John Firth has finally finished my Memphis Belle Crew Jeep:

Attachments

• John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 4.jpg
    John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 4.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 263
  • John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 3.jpg
    John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 3.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 255
  • John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 2.jpg
    John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 258
  • John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 1.jpg
    John Firth Bomber Crew Jeep 1.jpg