What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (6 Viewers)

Back in January with the help of two of our friend collectors here in the forum ( Interwars and Obee ) I was able to reachout to Asset and secure some great sets from them....
The next step was to have Obee give them that magic touch and bring them to life... So once again thanks Obee for the great surprise of having received such a great set. According to Intrewars and Obee these are Colin´s sculped sets, so a guarantee of great period troops....
Well here they are...
This is a typical small column of soldiers - British Army section ( Royal Irish Fuslieirs ) and a section of Khyber Rifles along with some pack animals starting a trip into the Pass......Losts of challanges awaits them as the go into the Pass...
Cheers
Luiz

Attachments

• indianpackr.jpg
    indianpackr.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 387
  • indianpackl.jpg
    indianpackl.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 406
  • assett column.jpg
    assett column.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 436
The Memphis Belle Crew Jeep that John Firth assembled and painted for me arrived safely. Here are some photos of it on the RAF Airfield Diorama John Firth constructed for me, with a figure of my Uncle Joe:

Attachments

• Memphis Belle Jeep 5.jpg
    Memphis Belle Jeep 5.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 359
  • Memphis Belle Jeep 3.jpg
    Memphis Belle Jeep 3.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 354
  • Memphis Belle Jeep 2.jpg
    Memphis Belle Jeep 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 347
Finally bought the "Fury" Tank today. Don't know why I waited this long !

Wayne

Attachments

• Fury.jpg
    Fury.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 368
Purchase2.jpg

1:72 Scale Churchill Mk III version

Hotchkiss-H-39-latrun.jpg

Purchase1.jpg

1:72 Scale Israeli Early Tank - Hotchkiss H39

28mm Spanish regulars for Spanish-American War from "1898 Miniaturas" from Spain and "Teddy"from Gringo40's 28mm
Mark

SAW 1.jpg

I recently acquired all of the John Jenkins' War of 1812 Scott's Brigade figures to do battle with the British Royal Scots. I've been looking to pick these figures up for awhile but didn't want to pay the outrageous prices they are being sold for on eBay. Thankfully, two Treefrog forum members (Mike Miller and Randy Dittmar) were willing to sell them at a good price!

IMG_0043.JPG

Brendan

Great looking set up Brendon! I just picked up one of the Honour Bound Gold Edition Shermans sold by our hosts from the Collection of Anna Donzino.

Here are some shots of my new Honour Bound Gold Edition Sherman:

Attachments

• Honour Bound Gold Sherman 1.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Sherman 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Honour Bound Gold Sherman 2.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Sherman 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 406
  • Honour Bound Gold Sherman 4.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Sherman 4.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 409
  • Honour Bound Gold Sherman 5.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Sherman 5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 409
I recently acquired all of the John Jenkins' War of 1812 Scott's Brigade figures to do battle with the British Royal Scots. I've been looking to pick these figures up for awhile but didn't want to pay the outrageous prices they are being sold for on eBay. Thankfully, two Treefrog forum members (Mike Miller and Randy Dittmar) were willing to sell them at a good price!

View attachment 212033

Brendan

One of my favorite JJD series. I have a nice collection of them myself.
I have been hoping that John would add some British officers the the BCH line and (as I stated in another thread) make an Col. Andrew Jackson figure.

I have been scouring the underbrush for PATRIOT MODELS Glengarry Light Fencibles. I've located 17 so far.
To bad that Patriot has discontinued operation as I think they a quite well done. They are a "bit" larger that the JJD but I don't worry about such things, I just like to have fun.

Love your display!

--- LaRRy

PS ... oh ya, Brendan, there are a few JJD club figures that go well the the USCH and BCH sets as well as the 1812 Marines.

JJCLUB-2010 Cpt. John Jenkins Glengarry
JJCLUB #11 Captain Nathan Towson
JJCLUB-2011B ADC First Lt. William Jenkins-Worth

--- LaRRy

PS ... oh ya, Brendan, there are a few JJD club figures that go well the the USCH and BCH sets as well as the 1812 Marines.

JJCLUB-2010 Cpt. John Jenkins Glengarry
JJCLUB #11 Captain Nathan Towson
JJCLUB-2011B ADC First Lt. William Jenkins-Worth

--- LaRRy

Thanks Larry! I already have the Glengarry captain, but I'll look at adding the other figures to my collection.

Brendan

Here are some photos of my new Honour Bound Gold Edition Sherman with another Sherman with Gold Edition Foliage Camouflage, on a diorama made for me by Ken Osen:

Attachments

• Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 5.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 5.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 3.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 4.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 4.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 1.jpg
    Honour Bound Gold Shermans on Diorama 1.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 306
A few close ups of the Gold Edition Sherman and Sherman with Gold Edition Foliage Camouflage:

Attachments

• Gold Sherman Closeup 1.jpg
    Gold Sherman Closeup 1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 267
  • Gold Sherman Closeup 2.jpg
    Gold Sherman Closeup 2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 271
  • Gold Sherman Closeup 3.jpg
    Gold Sherman Closeup 3.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 275
And here are some shots of all four of my Honour Bound Gold Edition vehicles having an unexpected meeting on a western front village diorama on a custom base made for me by K&C in 1999:

Attachments

• Gold Battle 3.jpg
    Gold Battle 3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Gold Battle 1.jpg
    Gold Battle 1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 289
  • Gold Battle 5.jpg
    Gold Battle 5.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Gold Battle 2.jpg
    Gold Battle 2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 289
Great pics Louis I have a cousin she lives in NY married a septic tank I must get over to see her and more importantly see your amazing collection mate cheers for posting cobber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back