What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (4 Viewers)

I managed to pickup the three WBritains Art of War sets for Bushy Run plus three initial 42nd Highland Regiment infantry.

Last week a bargain win fro Ebay arrived here, it was Britains Gun of the Royal Artillery R.A. Gun #1292

guna.jpg
gunb.jpg

I saw that it had been 'played' with and noted that the shield and elevation mechanism was missing, but being a local seller the US$3 or AUS$4 it was a bargain.

First job was the straighten the tails and the camber on the wheels, then a good scrub with a tooth brush and detergent to remove 'kid stuff'.
Next was fit the shield that was given to me about 20 years ago, and now finally I've put it to good use.
The elevation mechanism I used was bit of discarded plastic, but it only serves to keep the barrel elevated.
Then a respray, and metal paint to the rims, and now I have a 'new' gun for my Steadfast RA Gunners to man, they were another Ebay bargain from last year.

gunc.jpg

gund.jpg

John

At last a Scratch built Albatros DVa for the Saxon Aces

First of all its hats off to Tony Williams (HECO and Alf Blatch in creating such realistic models of the Albatros in tinplate, something one can only truly appreciate following many failures to achieve the same result.

Some time ago I added a scratch built Albatros DII to the collection but as hard as I tried I really could not get the nose right, moreover the overall appearance was not helped by my decision to finish the model in similar style to my Alf Blach DII. Moreover, since converting my odd shaped HECO Albatros DVa into the Pfalz DIII it more closely resembled I still needed a another DVa to complete my set of Albatros fighters. Deterred by the DIII escape I deemed that I would wait until another HECO late version appeared that would match my original DV.

However, tired of waiting for what appeared to be a real rare HECO I spotted a tin biplane on Ebay that at last seemed to offer the opportunity to recreate the Albatros especially that nose. As with the DIII I was again frustrated as I still could not get the nose right despite studying Tony's model for inspiration. Then luck came my way whilst visiting a local Antique Centre I spotted a set of pewter salt and pepper pots realising that I could cut the top of the salt pot to create the housing for the propeller. My initial gut feeling was correct and once finished the result was remarkably close to my original HECO DV, a look I aimed to enhance by copying the finer details of the HECO model a process aided by using the original tail section and exhaust of the defunct HECO Albatros.

s-l1600.jpg DSCF0554.jpg

The original tinplate model The part built model with salt pot cowling and original HECO tail section.

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

My original HECO DV with scratch built DVa. The main differences incorporated between the DV and the DVa was the removal of the head rest and strengthening of the wing struts on the latter.

Upgrade of my dodgy Albatros DIII

The success in using the top of the salt pot inspired the use of the remaining pepper pot for a complete overhaul of the DIII this time based on my modified HECO DIII (OAW) and as with the DV I faithfully detailed it accordingly and surprisingly he minor details of my two HECO Albatros differed markedly so my two copies have a closer resemblance to the originals than they do to each other.

DSCF0569.jpg DSCF0570.jpg

The only real difference between the versions of the DIII the shape of the rudder fully rouned one as per the DV used the OAW version whilst the original DIII had the flatter original rudder of the DIs and DIIs.

Re: Upgrade of my dodgy Albatros DIII

As a great Fan to your work I think that your two recent postings here are much too sexy to have them only here. Will we see (perhaps) an extended version (with even more pictures) published in your brilliant "Not HECO ...." thread?? I guess a lot of viewers here would like that as well. All the shown aircrafts are a joy to look at. Britain sure got´s talent. Thank you very much for sharing.
rgds
Wolfgang

Britains Eastern Woodland Indian Running with Tomahawk. A beautiful figure.

Cheers,
Grey

TGM French Legionnaires: officer with pistol and fighting with knife and shovel...beautiful figures.
JJD Neilson's Farmhouse

[FONT=&quot]Latest additions. JJD’s Lieutenant-Colonel Banastre Tarleton at the Battle of Cowpens and K&C’s soldier of Napoleon’s Old Guard at Waterloo.

[/FONT]
336806854_746775970412526_4361795057956903716_n.jpg
[FONT=&quot]
Brendan
[/FONT]

HECO Style Hanover CLII

Sadly HECO appear to have only made one German WWI Two Seater model the very nice but somewhat inaccurate Junkers CLI (post 1450 shows a really accurate floatplane version acquired by Louis). So as with my earlier Halberstadt CLII (3175) and yet again converting one of those red monster tinplate biplanes I first used in posts 897 / 898 I created my own Hanover CLII in my favourite HECO style. This is the rather pleasing (for me at least) result - a Schusta 16 machine as possibly used my the remarkable five victory Saxon gunner ace Oswald Tränkner who scored his victories whilst partnered by three different pilots. As Schusta /Schlasta units only operated six planes (sometimes with a spare) it is likely the ace would have flown at sometime in all the unit's planes.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I am indebted to the WWI markings expert Greg van Wyngarden for kindly providing me with info on the probable markings of Schusta 16 in early 1918.

[FONT=&quot]Latest additions. JJD’s Lieutenant-Colonel Banastre Tarleton at the Battle of Cowpens and K&C’s soldier of Napoleon’s Old Guard at Waterloo.

JJD’s Lieutenant-Colonel Banastre Tarleton Looks great. He will be on my shopping list for the future.

Cheers,
Grey

Today, Jean-Baptiste Bessières, 1st Duke of Istria, the French military commander and Marshal of the Empire, arrived on my doorstep
and is presently resting in my 'toy soldier hospital' to await some special attention in the colonies.

(K&C CF005 packed in a cardboard box)

bes b4 2.jpg bes b4 1.jpg

I found him languishing on an Ebay site, but when no one bid for him I felt sorry for this old soldier and decided provide transport to accommodation in my home,
and then provide the necessary 'surgery' so he will be able to join his Emperor and fellow marshals who now resides in my collection.

I will provide updates on his progress in another thread in the Forum in the coming months.

Hopefully he will look like this soon .....

CF05 Bessiers.jpg

John

Nice looking figure John, a shame he's a South Sydney Rabbitohs fan.

Today, Jean-Baptiste Bessières, 1st Duke of Istria, the French military commander and Marshal of the Empire, arrived on my doorstep
and is presently resting in my 'toy soldier hospital' to await some special attention in the colonies.

(K&C CF005 packed in a cardboard box)

View attachment 295471 View attachment 295472

I found him languishing on an Ebay site, but when no one bid for him I felt sorry for this old soldier and decided provide transport to accommodation in my home,
and then provide the necessary 'surgery' so he will be able to join his Emperor and fellow marshals who now resides in my collection.

I will provide updates on his progress in another thread in the Forum in the coming months.

Hopefully he will look like this soon .....

View attachment 295470

John

Thomas Gunn XE012C - Persian Immortal Standard Bearer with Bronze Banner beautiful figurine.

if you are interested in toy soldier items, you may want to check out online retailers or toy stores for the latest offerings. Additionally, there are many online communities and forums dedicated to toy soldier collecting where you can connect with other collectors and share your acquisitions.

3D printed PT-76 and M551 Sheridan which I am in the process of assembling and painting.
Here's the M551 Sheridan.
8.jpg

Delighted to have acquired this Trophy Miniatures Royal Horse Artillery Gun Battery during the Napoleonic War of 1815.

D686E757-9ABF-4CBB-8048-FA3C211AFCE0.jpeg

Roland (Li) CIIa with Richard Rübe FA27

I have just finished my latest model in HECO style Germanys smallest WWI two seat war plane the Roland CII in this case a Link- Hoffmann built CIIa hence the (Li) Like my previous Roland DIIa I used the same model of a WWII German Jet fighter for the Fuselage only to discover belatedly that it had exactly the same fuselage as the red biplane I have used for many of my previous models. As with both my previous Roland models (also on this thread) I had the devils own job to fit the HECO style, top wings correctly into the fuselage but after many failed efforts and much frustration the finished model is well worth the effort (to me at least).

DSCF0606.jpg DSCF0608.jpg
Photographic evidence indicates that at the transition of FFA 62 to FA 27 in November 1916 the unit had at least one Link – Hoffmann manufactured Roland (Li) CIIa which presumably Rübe would have flown during operations in the Ukraine during early 1917.

I just received the K&C 40th Anniversary All-Metal Tiger. Here it is on display with some of the best Figarti and Honour Bound winter armor on a winter diorama by Ken Osen:

Attachments

• All Metal K&C Tiger 3.jpg
    All Metal K&C Tiger 3.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 242
  • All Metal K&C Tiger 4.jpg
    All Metal K&C Tiger 4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 255
  • All Metal K&C Tiger 5.jpg
    All Metal K&C Tiger 5.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 257
  • All Metal K&C Tiger 1.jpg
    All Metal K&C Tiger 1.jpg