What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

This is what happens when you get some ' lost treasures from Hinchliffe, add to that equation two crazy guys....one ( me ) to search around for sets and propose changes to come up with unique new dios , then the second one ( Obee - half the world away )...a very professional artist that can actually make the first crazy guy's ideas come true........{sm4}^&grin:D:cool:...well you get a great set of Indian Colonial Mountain artillery set with some supporting infantry giving protection to the gun and gunners as they fire long range salvos at Afeghan fighters blocking the passage of the main British column into the Kyhber Pass.....
John, just sent me these pics and I look froward to having them sometime in January and therefore share with you all full dio set ups.....:smile2::)

Cheers A_C[/QUOTE]

Nice to see
here the original Hinchliffe set ( more in fo to see in catalogs at http://www.mirofsoft.com/nostalgia-old-catalog-pdf/ )
hinch-w-1.jpg

I particularly liked the WWI artillery train ( pity unfindable )
Hinch r 02.jpg

Reminder: some set were reissued with the brandname Caldercraft ( formerly a Hinchliffe sister company )

I picked up this outstanding CJB Models AFS Scammell Fire Trailer:

Attachments

• CJB Scamell Fire Pump Trailer 3.jpg
    CJB Scamell Fire Pump Trailer 3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 264
  • CJB Scamell Fire Pump Trailer 2.jpg
    CJB Scamell Fire Pump Trailer 2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 267
  • CJB Sammell Fire Pump Trailer 1.jpg
    CJB Sammell Fire Pump Trailer 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 271
This is what happens when you get some ' lost treasures from Hinchliffe, add to that equation two crazy guys....one ( me ) to search around for sets and propose changes to come up with unique new dios , then the second one ( Obee - half the world away )...a very professional artist that can actually make the first crazy guy's ideas come true........{sm4}^&grin:D:cool:...well you get a great set of Indian Colonial Mountain artillery set with some supporting infantry giving protection to the gun and gunners as they fire long range salvos at Afeghan fighters blocking the passage of the main British column into the Kyhber Pass.....
John, just sent me these pics and I look froward to having them sometime in January and therefore share with you all full dio set ups.....:smile2::)

Cheers A_C

Nice to see
here the original Hinchliffe set ( more in fo to see in catalogs at http://www.mirofsoft.com/nostalgia-old-catalog-pdf/ )
View attachment 142097

I particularly liked the WWI artillery train ( pity unfindable )
View attachment 142098

Reminder: some set were reissued with the brandname Caldercraft ( formerly a Hinchliffe sister company )[/QUOTE]

Hi Mirof,

I am really looking forward to seeing your Mountain Artillery set, once you've received it.

The WWI Artillery Train is indeed a hard to find kit.
I had one, but gave it to a collector friend who is able to make the most out of it.

Konrad

Thanks Konrad!:smile2: But it pales in comparison to your wonderful Christmas present. You with your Grandson as toy soldiers, absolutely brilliant!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Shortly after my father, a lifelong pigeon fancier, was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago, I was at Jim Hillestad's open house and bought my son a set with a pigeon coop, an elderly gentleman caring for the pigeons, and a young boy sitting on a crate holding one of the pigeons. It sits proudly on his mantle as a reminder of the grandfather he loved. I think it is wonderful that your grandson and you will have commemorated the special bond between grandfather and grandson while you are alive to enjoy that relationship.:smile2:

Yet More Zulu's. Inching towards the 300 goal for a Isandlwana battle. Mostly Britain's some Frontline which while different in style are well done and relatively inexpensive. Found a few plastics lurking in my junk box , time to paint.
fuBar

Santa was very good with me this year.....guess I did the right things...{sm4}^&grin:D:cool: - - Obee gave a great hand in this....Here are some of the French Foreign Legion troops in the field, at na oasis and also quartered at their barracks in Oran.....They are all scale link and the dios are J&G and K&C......

Attachments

• IMG_7912.JPG
    IMG_7912.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7893.JPG
    IMG_7893.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_7896.JPG
    IMG_7896.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_7900.JPG
    IMG_7900.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7877.JPG
    IMG_7877.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 185
...{sm4}^&grin:D:cool: - - Obee gave a great hand in this....Here are some of the French Foreign Legion troops in the field, at an oasis and also quartered at their barracks in Oran.....They are all scale link and the dios are J&G and K&C......

Attachments

• IMG_7903.JPG
    IMG_7903.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7868.JPG
    IMG_7868.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_7849.JPG
    IMG_7849.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_7792.JPG
    IMG_7792.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_7811.JPG
    IMG_7811.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 196
....Here are some of the French Foreign Legion troops in the field, at an oasis and also quartered at their barracks in Oran.....They are all scale link and the dios are J&G and K&C

Attachments

• IMG_7777.JPG
    IMG_7777.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7782.JPG
    IMG_7782.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7804.JPG
    IMG_7804.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_7755.JPG
    IMG_7755.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 213
Santa was very good with me this year.....guess I did the right things...{sm4}^&grin:D:cool: - - Obee gave a great hand in this....Here are some of the French Foreign Legion troops in the field, at na oasis and also quartered at their barracks in Oran.....They are all scale link and the dios are J&G and K&C......

More pics , pls

.....They are all scale link and the dios are J&G and K&C

Attachments

• IMG_7728.JPG
    IMG_7728.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7723.JPG
    IMG_7723.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7712.JPG
    IMG_7712.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_7736.JPG
    IMG_7736.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 208
More pics , pls

Hi 4th Hussar, I am happy you like them, I was very happy also....it took me and Obee one full year to get all the parts and pieces together, then a lot of e-mailing, parcels crossing the high seas and you name it....and it all came together just beofre Christmas.....there are around 200 diferente pics at my profile under the public albums called French Foreign Legion or you can join the public group called French Foreign Legion to which I have also added all these pics and more to come during 2014.....:cool::D^&grin

Attachments

• IMG_7727.JPG
    IMG_7727.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7703.JPG
    IMG_7703.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_7695.JPG
    IMG_7695.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_7681.JPG
    IMG_7681.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 200
Just added these to the Collection. I am particularly happy with the knight.

20124.jpgCS00676.jpg

Those guys on the ground that the Knight has taken out, surely they are from a different era??Robin.

I like to mix and match my collection. Anyone can match offerings from different manufacturers. It takes skill to make Zulus and Agincourt work{sm4}

Hi 4th Hussar, I am happy you like them, I was very happy also....it took me and Obee one full year to get all the parts and pieces together, then a lot of e-mailing, parcels crossing the high seas and you name it....and it all came together just beofre Christmas.....there are around 200 diferente pics at my profile under the public albums called French Foreign Legion or you can join the public group called French Foreign Legion to which I have also added all these pics and more to come during 2014.....:cool::D^&grin

I'm so pleased with the way that Luiz has set up the figures in the diorama.

I assembled and painted them in 3 sets of about 12-15 figures, but seeing them all together makes it all worthwhile.

Well done Luiz,

John

The Heco Tinplate Models German Mobile Radar Installation I purchased at the London Show last June finally arrived:

Attachments

• Heco Mobile Radar Installation 3.JPG
    Heco Mobile Radar Installation 3.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Heco Mobile Radar Installation 2.JPG
    Heco Mobile Radar Installation 2.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Heco Mobile Radar Installation 1.JPG
    Heco Mobile Radar Installation 1.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 227

Users who are viewing this thread

Back