What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Tamiya 1:48 Dornier Heavily armed

Attachments

• DSC_01600001.JPG
    DSC_01600001.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 238
I bought this 20 inch long tinplate U-Boat off ebay, no idea who made it:

Attachments

• Uboat 1.JPG
    Uboat 1.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Uboat 2.JPG
    Uboat 2.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 190
That truly is very cool. I think as toy soldier collectors we do a disservice to our collection by only buying what we know and things from "toy soldier" companies. I also have random items like that mixed into my collection. They often work very well with what we have, as you have shown! Great piece. Enjoy

I find the hardest thing on ebay is figuring out what to search for. What were your search terms for something like that? (or were you specifically looking for it)

That truly is very cool. I think as toy soldier collectors we do a disservice to our collection by only buying what we know and things from "toy soldier" companies. I also have random items like that mixed into my collection. They often work very well with what we have, as you have shown! Great piece. Enjoy

I find the hardest thing on ebay is figuring out what to search for. What were your search terms for something like that? (or were you specifically looking for it)

To try to find Heco Tinplate Models items which are not listed as Heco, I search "Tinplate Plane", "Tinplate Boat", Tinplate Tank", etc., and sometimes cool things like a "Tinplate U-Boat" pop up.

Thanks Zach and Joe!:smile2: It's been a really great day for me, my CJB Models Scammell AFS Fire Trailer arrived:

Attachments

• CJB Fire Trailer all‏.JPG
    CJB Fire Trailer all‏.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 328
  • CJB Fire Trailer 3‏.JPG
    CJB Fire Trailer 3‏.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 332
  • CJB Fire Trailer 2‏.JPG
    CJB Fire Trailer 2‏.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 339
  • CJB Fire Scene 2.JPG
    CJB Fire Scene 2.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 354
A couple of shots of the AFS Firefighters that came with it:

Attachments

• CJB AFS Firefighters 2.JPG
    CJB AFS Firefighters 2.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 379
  • CJB Fire Trailer 5‏.JPG
    CJB Fire Trailer 5‏.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 383
  • CJB Fire Trailer 4‏.JPG
    CJB Fire Trailer 4‏.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 374
New Forces of Valor (Unimax) 1/32, figures are in plastic and respecting the rule 1/32, meaning the figures are 54mm from sole to top of head = 1.72m in real life . ( King and Country on the other hand, respect the 1/32 rule for the vehicle but the 54mm rule for figures from sole to the eyes, meaning particularly tall guy ( almost all basket players ) when compared to the global 1/32 rule
Here my Flakpanzer IV Wirberlwind and my US M3 Bradley Baghdad 2003
WR-DSC_0933.jpgWR-DSC_0934.jpg

I just got the 3 box Glenn Miller set (Frontline). It's a great set (horrible photo). I think it originally came with a poster of a B-17 in a hangar, but that is missing so a K7C p51 will have to do for now!

GlennMillerBand.jpg

New Forces of Valor (Unimax) 1/32, figures are in plastic and respecting the rule 1/32, meaning the figures are 54mm from sole to top of head = 1.72m in real life . ( King and Country on the other hand, respect the 1/32 rule for the vehicle but the 54mm rule for figures from sole to the eyes, meaning particularly tall guy ( almost all basket players ) when compared to the global 1/32 rule
Here my Flakpanzer IV Wirberlwind and my US M3 Bradley Baghdad 2003
View attachment 144335View attachment 144336

I spent 4 years as an Instructor for the Bradley. The A3 version is fully loaded and amazing !

Not exactly a toy soldier but I do drive one of these around every day, even this very bus the model is based on.

Oh yea, always wanted a Dalek....'EXTERMINATE!'

Wayne.

TA Huckebein

Attachments

• DSC_02300001.JPG
    DSC_02300001.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back