Why I'm not buying anymore 1/30 armour (1 Viewer)

uksubs

Lieutenant Colonel
I took my K&C BBG16 King Tiger round my work mate house on Friday to be repainted
He thought for the money it was very poor on detail & paint colour & I have to agree for over £200.00 we should be getting a lot more for are money ,like the detail First Legion put on there armour , for me the lack of detail on the engine covers is very poor & looks the same on the new Panther
It would be very interesting to know how much it cost to make these tanks :rolleyes:

UK.....your not the only one that's come to that conclusion...many are selling and have already sold ALL their K&C collections.....Your paying for the name.... about 20% - 30% overpriced, IMHO.

Fool me once.....shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me..;)

..Your paying for the name.... about 20% - 30% overpriced, IMHO.

Well if thats the case, they can drop the ' & country' out of the name. That should bring the price down to something more reasonable. ;):D

I can see what you guys are saying however, what concerns me is the importation of details which, usually stay in the realm of model builders and scratch builders.

I have said before that IMO Honour Bound were the only firm who made really good AFV's but, location for continued success meant an end to that chapter. The vehicles for detail and cost were second to none as retail initially, was £125/$125 which, was excellent.

The Gold edition was a great idea again, location was problematic but, I do not see the connection between these one off pieces and, a rise in other manufacturers prices which, I have seen on this site mentioned. I think there is no doubt that detail has increased with price but, it depends on what you want and how much detail.

Its obvious that the sets will be substantially cheaper to make than the retail price and, its a mystery how companies big and small can sell at very varying prices but, the consumer has the choice to affect this by choosing where to spend their hard earned money.

I find some manufacturers to be expensive for what they offer and, some quite well priced but, as I collect really old K&C I am probably not the best to ask as the detail was back then naive to say the least but, thats what attracts me to certain sets.
Mitch

I took my K&C BBG16 King Tiger round my work mate house on Friday to be repainted
He thought for the money it was very poor on detail & paint colour & I have to agree for over £200.00 we should be getting a lot more for are money ,like the detail First Legion put on there armour , for me the lack of detail on the engine covers is very poor & looks the same on the new Panther
It would be very interesting to know how much it cost to make these tanks :rolleyes:

Fortunately there are 7 or more armour manufacturers at a wide range of price points which will give you the choices of more detail, lower price, or much lower price in the 1:35, 1:32, and 1:30 scales. Most of them are represented with their own threads on this forum. There are even some non-mainstream AFV makers like Minichamps who make detailed, but not weathered WW2 and modern tanks out of metal which can be found on e-bay for $50 - $60.

Terry

This looks like a thread that will probably spiral out of control soon.

Fortunately there are 7 or more armour manufacturers at a wide range of price points which will give you the choices of more detail, lower price, or much lower price in the 1:35, 1:32, and 1:30 scales. Most of them are represented with their own threads on this forum. There are even some non-mainstream AFV makers like Minichamps who make detailed, but not weathered WW2 and modern tanks out of metal which can be found on e-bay for $50 - $60.

Terry

Hi Terry I collect FOV 1/32 + 1/16 + all the Dragon 1/35 arour & have all the ww2 Minichamps & Tamiya 1/35 build models , maybe that why I want more from K&C for the money :eek:
ps Wife not happy with all my stuff lol

Surely, everyone should be mature enough to discuss an important issue without it spiraling out of control. I know a lot of people talk to me about concerns about correct detail and price so, its out there and, its avalid concern.
Mitch

This looks like a thread that will probably spiral out of control soon.

Surely, everyone should be mature enough to discuss an important issue without it spiraling out of control. I know a lot of people talk to me about concerns about correct detail and price so, its out there and, its avalid concern.
Mitch
Well said Mitch ;)
Let keep this nice :)

Terry

Two fov 1/16 King tigers & paid £250.00 each but look what you get for your money , it full detail
dscn2770iz6.jpg

UK.....your not the only one that's come to that conclusion...many are selling and have already sold ALL their K&C collections.....Your paying for the name.... about 20% - 30% overpriced, IMHO.

Fool me once.....shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me..;)

I'm a bit confused with your stance on K & C Paul; if I am not mistaken, aren't you the same person who prattled on and on about how much of a great guy Andy was when you met him at the K & C meet and greet at The Hobby Bunker several months ago, Andy was kind enough to sign your P51 box, you thought he was a great guy.

Now you've done a 180 towards the company, ripping the company every chance you get; seriously, what gives here?

Tell you what; if anyone wants to unload their K & C collection, give me a call, I'll have no trouble finding a nice new home for them.

uksubs....

Very nice indeed and, love the figures especially, the para
Mitch

Two fov 1/16 King tigers & paid £250.00 each but look what you get for your money , it full detail
dscn2770iz6.jpg

Mitch

I'm not saying it's not but I've been here for five years and I've seen threads like these quickly degenerate.

Whatever the reason I am interested in why someone would want his autograph????

I like the stuff they make but, with the greatest of respect to Andy I don't think it will be on the antiques road show selling for a mint in 100 years
Mitch

I'm a bit confused with your stance on K & C Paul; if I am not mistaken, aren't you the same person who prattled on and on about how much of a great guy Andy was when you met him at the K & C meet and greet at The Hobby Bunker several months ago, Andy was kind enough to sign your P51 box, you thought he was a great guy.

Now you've done a 180 towards the company, ripping the company every chance you get; seriously, what gives here?

Tell you what; if anyone wants to unload their K & C collection, give me a call, I'll have no trouble finding a nice new home for them.

Warrior...

If they do sell up and have a GC01 remember little old me!!!!
Mitch

Gentlemen,

I completely agree that Honour Bound made some great vehicles, and I was extremely sad to see them stop production.

However, there are presently several different manufacturers making vehicles with several different levels of quality at several different price points. I would respectfully assert that at this time, you are spoiled for choice. Frankly, I think at least two of the present manufacturers make as highly detailed a vehicle as you could want, if you want to spend the money. Why give up 1:30 scale collecting when there are so many good choices out there?

Jazzeum...

I am sure you have in that time. I think this has been quite mature so far and unlike the Figarti post recently quite responsible.
Mitch

I'm not saying it's not but I've been here for five years and I've seen threads like these quickly degenerate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back