WS 43 Wittman (1 Viewer)

Fullyautomatic

Sergeant
Since I'm finally getting around to putting my stuff on display. Yeah,I know I keep harping on it but I have a question in regards to WS43. I keep a reference book with pic's when the new releases come out and for the most part I print them from Treefrog's site because they have the set number,price and a short description of the product which looks great in a binder. Well the pic I have (date I printed it off of the site 5/16/04) clearly shows the Wittman figure holding a map in his hand while the version I have has the map sculpted into the top of the turret. Was this changed before the release or were some issued like this. Anyone,anyone???
Just curious.By the way the Wittman club figure came yesterday. What a great piece.Thanks Andy.

Dear Fullyauto,
Well just to add to your confusion, the one I have on display at the shop has neither! Looks like there is a place in the hand for a map but one has never been there. Hope to see you soon, Tim

Thanks Tim for the response and I guess we can just add that to the list of quetions for Andy which seems to be growing at the present moment.:D

My Witman Display Tiger has the map molded into the top of the turret. My

others are packed away so I really can't check them. I have several items

that I have noticed came with different boxes depending on when in the run

I purchased them. I'm sure someday someone will be able to tell when items

were produced in a run or even which factory produced certain pieces. It

happened with Hess Trucks. Just depends how much time and research a

particular collector is willing to invest.......Not for me!

Njja

Hey guys, is the Wittman figure in Set WS 43 full length (inc boots and self standing) or is he cut off to fit in the turret hole?

The Wittman figure is cut off to fit into the turret.

Dear Fullyauto,
Well just to add to your confusion, the one I have on display at the shop has neither! Looks like there is a place in the hand for a map but one has never been there. Hope to see you soon, Tim

I'm going to bump this thread...we have a WS43 on the CGA site right now that has no map - not on the tank and not in the hand. I don't remember this variant...but I see it was discussed here a long time back.

Anyone have insight?

Pete interesting you brought this back up.I just looked through my for sale pile and noticed I have both versions. I guess I better keep the white box mapless version opposed to the one with the map.
Thanks,
Brian

Pete interesting you brought this back up.I just looked through my for sale pile and noticed I have both versions. I guess I better keep the white box mapless version opposed to the one with the map.
Thanks,
Brian

Brian,
now you have me confused, I thought the White Box version has the map? That is the older version.

Tom

Tom looking at the link Brad provided and reading post 113 from Larry I thought the white box version without the map was the older one. He states that after the old moulds cannot be used anymore a new mould was made with some variations.

Tom looking at the link Brad provided and reading post 113 from Larry I thought the white box version without the map was the older one. He states that after the old moulds cannot be used anymore a new mould was made with some variations.

Hi Brian,
reread the first post and the pictures and Larry's post. The White Box Version was the first heavier one without the map. I have the later one and can confirm the pictures that there is no map and it is lighter in the color box.

Tom

Hi Brian,
reread the first post and the pictures and Larry's post. The White Box Version was the first heavier one without the map. I have the later one and can confirm the pictures that there is no map and it is lighter in the color box.

Tom

Forget the box :cool: It's been mentioned on this forum that K&C used what boxes they had available so box colour is no guarantee of which version it is - it seems to just be confusing the issue.

As far as I know, there are only 2 versions of the tank. One has a map lying on thr turret top in front of Wittman, and the other version has no map. I don't know which is the first version, and which one is the more rare version.

Terry

Mine came in a white box with the map.............:confused:

And I think that combo was the first batch produced and the tank without the map was a second batch and generally came in a green box. I don't know which version is more rare or if the same number was produced from each mould.

Terry

The one I had came in the later (picture) box and had the map on the turret. It was not especially heavy. The early KC ambush Panther I had was really heavy. -- Al

Wonder what he would have thought about this? ;)

Attachments

• MWittmann.jpg
    MWittmann.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 103
To clarify what I have on good authority to be true:

1. Older version - OLd Style large White Box with K&C Label - HEAVY version - 2 Maps on turret, one in front of Wittmann, one in front of Wohl

2. New Version - Color style picture box - Lighter - only 1 map on turret.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back