Zulu War Figs On Secondary Market (1 Viewer)

Terp152

Major
This one, Britains Matt Zulu figures- 20025 Cold Steel, currently going for $509! A nice set, but really!!! {eek3} Chris

And to think I had one of these sets when they first came out. When I divested myself of my AZW colleceion to pursue another other interest, ACW, I thought I was fortuneate to resell this set for the investment I had in it. Wish I still had it . . . . . at this kind of price/demand it would certainly go on the auction block . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Do you have a picture of this set.

This is the one that sold for £781.11 or $1,238.53

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...u9F0DydqDcQ8%2Bhhtk7o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Here is the set

zulu20025.jpg

Cheers

Martyn:)

There are some collectors out there with very deep pockets. Interestingly, there is a debate raging about this topic on the KC thread (with some people taking offense of course). I've paid higher than retail for retired pieces, but nothing like this! :rolleyes2:

Somebody has some very deep pockets.{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}{sm5}
Mark

Very interesting. However Zulus is a very popular subject and there are certainly some big buyers around on Ebay. No doubt some will be very upset over this but pretty sure seller and buyer both happy.

I've never even seen that one and I thought I had them all!
At that rate, I can live without it.
FUB

I've got that one..I've got that one^&grin^&grin
I picked one up from the WB guys at the London show because they didn't send the one I had ordered through the club.

I've been monitoring the prices of the WB Zulu sets on ebay recently and can't believe my eyes{eek3}

Because I collect mainly Napoleonics I only have a few of the Zulu War collector's club figures and about 10 of the regular figures.
But out of those very few figures I have two of the figures that have sold on ebay for over £200.00 a piece. It's ridiculous.{sm5}

I hope it's not speculators bumping prices up and giving a false impression of their worth.:(
Or maybe I should divide my spending budget more equally between Naps and Zulus.^&grin

I've got that one..I've got that one^&grin^&grin
I picked one up from the WB guys at the London show because they didn't send the one I had ordered through the club.

I've been monitoring the prices of the WB Zulu sets on ebay recently and can't believe my eyes{eek3}

Because I collect mainly Napoleonics I only have a few of the Zulu War collector's club figures and about 10 of the regular figures.
But out of those very few figures I have two of the figures that have sold on ebay for over £200.00 a piece. It's ridiculous.{sm5}

I hope it's not speculators bumping prices up and giving a false impression of their worth.:(
Or maybe I should divide my spending budget more equally between Naps and Zulus.^&grin

It is from the same seller as the first item that started this thread and he does indicate in the description he is selling a collection.

Any speculator should be easy to see as such a person would be aiming to source and sell more than one of something he might consider would have good appreciation. You would like to think sellers of limited items would not sell multiples to the same collector. So far this guy looks like a genuine collector and he is doing well so good luck to him. Happy buyers and happy seller.

I'm a little surprised that you guys are surprised- arent Britains known for having very desirable sets which fetch tons of money at auction houses? Admittedly, that may be due to the fact of their age, condition or what not but an excellent product or scarce product will do this to even relatively recent releases.

Kudos to you collectors who have these sets!!

Very interesting. However Zulus is a very popular subject and there are certainly some big buyers around on Ebay. No doubt some will be very upset over this but pretty sure seller and buyer both happy.

I'm not upset just surprised.I've sold sets for more than I paid for them and I've sold sets for less than I paid for them.I don't see how anyone could get mad over this.I think anyone on here would take more than he paid for something if he can get it.
Mark

It is from the same seller as the first item that started this thread and he does indicate in the description he is selling a collection.

Any speculator should be easy to see as such a person would be aiming to source and sell more than one of something he might consider would have good appreciation. You would like to think sellers of limited items would not sell multiples to the same collector. So far this guy looks like a genuine collector and he is doing well so good luck to him. Happy buyers and happy seller.

I meant speculators buying up collections not speculators selling items.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back