2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

MLB has suspended (without pay) Giants President and CEO Larry Baer through July 1 after a league investigation into the March 1 public altercation between Baer and his wife.

What a great way to start the season.

MLB has suspended (without pay) Giants President and CEO Larry Baer through July 1 after a league investigation into the March 1 public altercation between Baer and his wife.

What a great way to start the season.

Let’s hope it’s not a bad omen for your team this year.

On the other hand, the Mets have signed deGrom to an extension so that’s a good omen for the upcoming season.

Let’s hope it’s not a bad omen for your team this year.

On the other hand, the Mets have signed deGrom to an extension so that’s a good omen for the upcoming season.

Brad:

Thanks, with everything going on this year with the Giants I can't help but wonder if it is a bad omen.

deGrom deserved the extension. I think the fact that he is staying with the Mets is good for him, the organization and Major League Baseball.

-Jason

2 days to start the season!!! ....I only pray the Orioles don't repeat 2018....or even worse.....let's go O's!!!!

2 days to start the season!!! ....I only pray the Orioles don't repeat 2018....or even worse.....let's go O's!!!!
On the local O's sports show today, it was revealed that the O's are using an 'Opener' for the game on Saturday because SP Cobb is on the injured list to start the season. I'm optimistic that the O's might improve by up to 20 games this season. That's a lot but I think they can do it, even in full rebuild mode. -- Al

So I was listening to the sweet sound of John Miller calling the Giants' spring training game vs. Oakland last night on the radio when I realized that the A's have already played 2 regular season games?

To put it another way, the Giants just got swept by the worst team in the American League. As a matter of fact Oakland hasn't even won a game yet!

It is difficult to believe that Krimbrel is still a free agent.

He is either asking for way too much money or way too many years.

It is difficult to believe that Krimbrel is still a free agent.

He is either asking for way too much money or way too many years.
He has been the subject on the local Nats/O's show as the hosts can't believe he's unsigned either. They believe it's because of his constant demand for $100 mil, and not coming off it. Keuchal is still unsigned, as well, which is hard to believe, taking into account the high demand for LHSP. Maybe the GM's and scouts know something the rest of us don't. At any rate, any deal is better than the unemployment line. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Interesting fact, and a sign of the times: with the apparent unemployment of Bartolo Colon and retirement of Andrian Beltre, there are NO players left in MLB that played in the 20th Century. I'm feeling old...{sm2} -- Al

Here are articles on Kimbrel and Keuchel. The issue may be is that they’re not willing to come off long term contracts, which would expire when they’re in their mid 30s; under current thinking GMs don’t want to commit to older players, which is why older players are having a tough time getting jobs.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/lets-find-a-landing-spot-for-craig-kimbrel.html

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/the-market-situation-for-dallas-keuchel.html

Brad:

Great info/articles. Thanks for sharing.

-Jason

Glad to post them Jason.

Well, today Mets Nats game lived up to its billing with the SP being phenomenal, with the Mets being just a little bit better, at least for today.

The Mets have a very good record on opening day, something like 38-12 since 1969. It’s just the rest of the season that’s problematic.

Glad to post them Jason.

Well, today Mets Nats game lived up to its billing with the SP being phenomenal, with the Mets being just a little bit better, at least for today.

The Mets have a very good record on opening day, something like 38-12 since 1969. It’s just the rest of the season that’s problematic.
Terrific game, really well pitched. Not happy with the Nats bullpen @ 1.1 innings pitched, 3 hits allowed and an inherited runner scoring. The game went about how I expected. My pre-game prediction was Mets winning 3-1, with Scherzer losing on gopher balls. Should have bet that one.{sm2} -- Al

I think Bumgarner better get used to today's result. He pitched great going 7 innings, striking out 9 and only giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. The only problem was that Giants didn't score.

I think Bumgarner better get used to today's result. He pitched great going 7 innings, striking out 9 and only giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. The only problem was that Giants didn't score.
Yeah, Nats and Scherzer had identical problems/results. There were four 2-0 shutouts across baseball today, and 5 shutouts total. It's April. -- Al

Early return: Evidently, the Dodgers didn't need Machado or Harper...baseball's Billion Dollar Trio were a combined 1-9 with 4 K's and 2 BB's yesterday...Seattle is 3-0 and is on pace to go 162-0. ^&grin -- Al

One game into the season and the Nats looked pretty much like last year's Nats, bad baserunning, no situational hitting, and questionable pitching decisions by Manager Dave Martinez. Of course, deGrom had a lot to do with the Nats inability to hit, but I was hoping Martinez' return to basics during training would pay off on the bases and at the plate, but it didn't happen yesterday as a baserunning gaff cost the Nats a run and 14 Nats fanning kind of killed any chance of improvement at the plate. Martinez better get his act together because he no longer gets the benefit of the 'rookie' manager excuse. He can't make the plays or hit, but his decisions continue to hurt the Nats. On to Game 2. -- Al

There is reason for optimism when it comes to the Giants, they finally scored a run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back