2019 Baseball season (4 Viewers)

One thing to say after the Nats got crushed today...the Nats bullpen SUCKS, so far. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Both teams won’t look at it at their finest moment. Callaway was negligent or downright incompetent in leaving Lugo in there for 40 pitches. *** was he thinking. To say I was screaming at the tv would be an understatement.

Both teams won’t look at it at their finest moment. Callaway was negligent or downright incompetent in leaving Lugo in there for 40 pitches. *** was he thinking. To say I was screaming at the tv would be an understatement.
It's only 2 games, I get that, but the Nats look an awful lot like last year's underachieving team. Mistakes on the basepaths, bad relief pitching, questionable management decisions, all holdovers from last year. The Nats have made a big public point of saying how they were working all spring to eliminate these exact problems, yet no change is evident. It is just a bit worrisome to this point. -- Al

I think you may be a little harsh. In the first game the Nats could have as easily won as lost and today Robles did make a few mistakes but he’s basically a rookie and the Nats were one pitch away in the 8th inning from tying the game.

I think you may be a little harsh. In the first game the Nats could have as easily won as lost and today Robles did make a few mistakes but he’s basically a rookie and the Nats were one pitch away in the 8th inning from tying the game.
You are right, especially after only 2 games. Just frustrating watching the same old problems recycle again. -- Al

Three games and 3 bullpen disasters. Nats got lucky and won today but that bullpen is a complete mess. Three games, 7.1 innings pitched, 16 hits allowed and 10 runs allowed. Not going to cut it. -- Al

Or maybe it shows that the NL East is going to be vey competitive, as anticipated. A win is still a win, right? :wink2:

Or maybe it shows that the NL East is going to be vey competitive, as anticipated. A win is still a win, right? :wink2:
That's it. Now all the Nats have to do is avoid using their bullpen against the NL East. That should work out well. ^&grin -- Al

O's take 2 of 3 in N.Y....yea, 159 games to go so I'll enjoy this series win as there weren't many last year!!!

The Giants have scored 5 runs in 4 games. As expected they are going to have lots of trouble scoring runs, which, if I am not mistaken. is a problem when you are trying to win baseball games.

The Diamondbacks just got a steal. Signed Adam Jones to a 1 year, $3 mil contract. Quite a falloff for Jones who made over $17 mil with the O's last year. No market for 30+ year old outfielders. -- Al
Early returns make this signing a stroke of genius. Through 5 games, Jones is hitting .375 with 3 Hr's. He will probably slow down as the season wears on, but Jones is a class act and will only help Arizona. -- Al

The Giants' bats woke up last night against the Dodgers almost doubling their run total from the previous 3 games. I think they will need to make the most of those 4 and 5 run nights as they might be rare this season.

Another win tonight and I will be cautiously optimistic.

The O's won again tonight, now 4-1 on the year. They have already achieved 2 things they couldn't do all last year, they never got more than 2 games over .500 last year, and they never won more than 2 consecutive games on the road last year (tonight's win makes it 4 in a row). I like it, even if it doesn't last. -- Al

ESPN analyzed all of Harper's at bats yesterday and all I can say is Max Scherzer is one of the greatest pitchers I have ever seen. I don't think there are many players in MLB history that could have hit Scherzer's third strike pitch in Harper's second strike out.

Don't get me wrong, in a Game 7 I want Bumgarner on the mound but if it is one at bat (especially one the requires a strike out) Scherzer is my choice.

Five games into the season and one thing is evident...I will never survive this season the way the Nats are playing. They are 2-3, both wins coming as walk-offs and each game has featured BAD bullpen work by the Nats, bad baserunning is still happening, and questionable managerial decisions are still taking place. The bullpen is the real disaster, though.They have pitched 16.1 innings in the 5 games, have yielded 29 hits to go with 9 walks, and they have allowed 20 earned runs. The proud owner of the worst pitching jobs so far belong to Trevor Rosenthal, who has appeared in 3 games, recorded NO (as in zero) outs, and given up 4 hits, 3 walks and 7 runs. What a way to impress the boss. I don't have enough BP medicine or Xanex to live through this.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Last edited:
Five games into the season and one thing is evident...I will never survive this season the way the Nats are playing. They are 2-3, both wins coming as walk-offs and each game has featured BAD bullpen work by the Nats, bad baserunning is still happening, and questionable managerial decisions are still taking place. The bullpen is the real disaster, though.They have pitched 16.1 innings in the 5 games, have yielded 29 hits to go with 9 walks, and they have allowed 20 earned runs. The proud owner of the worst pitching jobs so far belong to Trevor Rosenthal, who has appeared in 3 games, recorded NO (as in zero) outs, and given up 4 hits, 3 walks and 7 runs. What a way to impress the boss. I don't have enough BP medicine or Xanex to live through this.:rolleyes2: -- Al

And then there is the injury to Trea Turner. That was tough to watch in slow motion, even if it was just his finger!

deGrom has picked up right where he left off last season...the best pitcher in baseball. His QS yesterday gives him 26 QS in a row, tying Bob Gibson's record since 1913 and his current streak of allowing 3 or fewer runs has reached 31 straight games. Going back to last season, deGrom now has a 26 inning scoreless streak, as well. The Mets SP staff is absolutely stacked. -- Al

The bullpen almost blew it for him last night. They had a 6-0 lead going into the 9th and held on to win 6-4.

deGrom has picked up right where he left off last season...the best pitcher in baseball. His QS yesterday gives him 26 QS in a row, tying Bob Gibson's record since 1913 and his current streak of allowing 3 or fewer runs has reached 31 straight games. Going back to last season, deGrom now has a 26 inning scoreless streak, as well. The Mets SP staff is absolutely stacked. -- Al

Plus he hit a home run!

Today’s game was almost a carbon copy from last week. The Marlins didn’t do the Mets any favors by starting yesterday’s game at 6pm as the Mets didn’t get back to NY until 3am. As much as there is a rivalry with the Phillies, there is probably a greater dislike for the Marlins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back