2019 Baseball season (5 Viewers)

Invested right now in the Stanley Cup finals...……..honestly, whenever the series ends, I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother to switch over to baseball...…………..Red Sox are playing like garbage, one game over 500, the gashouse gorillas with 900 injuries are close to 20 games over 500, they've basically got the AL East already won...……………..I'll just go strait to the NFL and hope either the Astros or the Dodgers knock off the gashouse gorillas and if they don't and they win the WS, it will be about as wonderous and enjoyable as watching German tanks roll into France in 1940.

The Giants are 24-34 and probably even worse than their record indicates. It won't be long before Bumgarner is gone and they have no true superstar to speak of. The closest thing they have to that is Buster Posey and he is hitting .253 with 2 HR's.

Yet I still follow the Giants just like I did when they were winning the World Series every other year.

My problem is that I like baseball even more than I like the Giants.

The Giants are 24-34 and probably even worse than their record indicates. It won't be long before Bumgarner is gone and they have no true superstar to speak of. The closest thing they have to that is Buster Posey and he is hitting .253 with 2 HR's.

Yet I still follow the Giants just like I did when they were winning the World Series every other year.

I enjoyed seeing the Giants come to B-more this weekend. Don't get to see that often. Neat to see the two black and orange teams go at it. None of my teams are doing well, but I still watch them, just as I have since I was a kid. Can't go without baseball, whether it's good or bad, have to have it in some form.:wink2: -- Al

I haven't been paying much attention but my Dodgers are roaring through the east. Sweeping the Phillies and Pirates and taking three of four against the Mets. Maybe they have a chance to lose another World Series this year. LA is having a tough streak with the Lakers, Kings, UCLA, and USC football bottoming out last year. The Rams and Dodgers are doing well but no championships.

I haven't been paying much attention but my Dodgers are roaring through the east. Sweeping the Phillies and Pirates and taking three of four against the Mets. Maybe they have a chance to lose another World Series this year. LA is having a tough streak with the Lakers, Kings, UCLA, and USC football bottoming out last year. The Rams and Dodgers are doing well but no championships.

They are on fire right now, what a team, if all goes well, could be three strait trips to the WS......…...hopefully the third time will be the charm, the RS have no shot at this point, so if it's the Dodgers vs the gashouse gorillas, then GO DODGERS!!

L A leads the National's league in almost every pitching category...
saves....team era...runs allowed...walks...etc...

these West Coast games are killing me...
3 with Oakland...
4 with Seattle...
Sunday's game went 12 innings...
staying up way too late...

It wasn't a formal filing, only a Twitter post, probably because they realize they don't have a justifiable reason to oppose the filing. Here are the reasons for denying a trademark application, https://www.uspto.gov/trademark/additional-guidance-and-resources/possible-grounds-refusal-mark

The most common is likelihood of confusion with an existing mark (trademark).

The whole thing seems a little silly to me, although NY media is trying to make a big deal out of it.

we had a restaurant in Galveston that used to be called Rudy T's and Paco...
the owners were Rudy Teichman and Francisco (Paco) Vargas...

after Rudy Tomjanovich...coach of the Houston Rockets sued them...
they were forced to change their name to Rudy & Pacos...

Mr. Teichman had been called Rudy T...since I was a kid...that was his nickname...

they had "Rudy T and Paco" spelled out on their tile floor entrway...
and throughout the dining room on the walls...

Rudy Tomjanovich had a men's line of clothing using the name "Rudy T"...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/1997/01/13/story5.html

Was there a court decision or did Rudy Teichman decide it wasn’t worth the effort. It doesn’t sound like a trademark case (unless the Coach obtained one), copyright maybe.

Brad...

I think it was a court decision...
honestly...
I really can't remember and can't find any articles detailing the resolution...
my understanding was that he was forced to remove any reference...

which I think was unfair...
I don't believe Mr. Teichman was trying to cash in on the name for any extra profits...

he was always known as Rudy T in Galveston long before Tomjanovich...

It wasn't a formal filing, only a Twitter post, probably because they realize they don't have a justifiable reason to oppose the filing. Here are the reasons for denying a trademark application, https://www.uspto.gov/trademark/additional-guidance-and-resources/possible-grounds-refusal-mark

The most common is likelihood of confusion with an existing mark (trademark).

The whole thing seems a little silly to me, although NY media is trying to make a big deal out of it.

It's idiotic and it's classless, it's all about money, he wants to trademark it to put it on hats and tee shirts.

It's not his nickname to take, it's Tom Seaver's, so leave it alone and use "TB12" instead and leave it alone.

How much money does this guy need?

Brad...

I think it was a court decision...
honestly...
I really can't remember and can't find any articles detailing the resolution...
my understanding was that he was forced to remove any reference...

which I think was unfair...
I don't believe Mr. Teichman was trying to cash in on the name for any extra profits...

he was always known as Rudy T in Galveston long before Tomjanovich...

Michael, I found the below online from the Chron, when Rudy Teichman died:

Teichman's love affair with food led to his opening a downtown restaurant and a clash with former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich over its name. In early 1997, Teichman agreed to change his restaurant's name, dropping its original incarnation, Rudy T & Paco, when the coach, who sold neckties and endorsed beer and Mexican restaurants as "Rudy T," threatened to sue for copyright infringement.

"I can't say that I'm happy about it," Teichman said of the name change, "but I'm not going to spend $50-$60,000 to keep my name."​

It's idiotic and it's classless, it's all about money, he wants to trademark it to put it on hats and tee shirts.

It's not his nickname to take, it's Tom Seaver's, so leave it alone and use "TB12" instead and leave it alone.

How much money does this guy need?

More, I suppose ^&grin Maybe, he will realize it’s not a good idea. However, during games I think I have heard announcers refer to him as Tom Terrific.

The Mets pen made the Giants look good tonight. Of course, the Mets pen could make me look good.

The Mets pen made the Giants look good tonight. Of course, the Mets pen could make me look good.
Bad bullpens seem to be the rule, rather than the exception. As the proud owner of the worst pen in MLB, the Nats are well aware of the problem. The O's almost pulled a classic EL Foldo last night. They entered the 9th with a huge lead, 12-5, needing just those last 3 elusive outs for victory and barely managed to escape with a 12-11 nail-biter. And it was closer than it appears as it took a remarkable play on the final out to seal the win. Between the Nats and the O's pens, my nerves are frayed to the breaking point.:rolleyes2: -- Al

The Mets are not that far behind. Last Wednesday, they had a three lead going into the ninth inning against LA; they lost the game. Thank goodness, I didn't stay up to see the end; it ended at 150am. On Saturday, they had a four lead against the Dbacks going into the bottom of the 8th. They let them score all four runs and lost in extra innings. They turned what could have been a successful 4-3 road trip into a disastrous 2-5 trip. There is not one plus out of that pen. The GM, who should have stayed as an agent -- none of his signings have panned out -- signed Familia to a three year deal and he's been terrible (6.50 ERA as an 8th inning setup man).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back