2019 Baseball season (6 Viewers)

Following the O's is a trial. All year they have struggled but at least they had 3 decent (adequate) SP's and then flipped a coin for #'s 4 and 5. Well, the other day one of their Big 3 SP's had to go on the 10-day injury list, so what do the O's do but trade their best SP to Boston the very next day. In a 2 day stretch they lose 2/3 of their 3 reliable SP's. They are down to one SP and whatever combination of AAA/AA/A pitcher's they can insert into the other 4 slots. Good grief, what a clown show. -- Al

Red Sox got bludgeoned by the Dodgers last night, Sale sucked once again. Felt like about 75% Dodgers fans in the ballpark last night.

Have to say I love their caps and uniforms; so iconic. I'd go MFY, Dodgers, Tigers, Red Sox and Giants as the five most iconic hats, the A's are a close 6th.

I feel for the ownership/GM; they signed Sale to long term extension, Eovaldi to a long term deal and Pierce as well, trying to keep the band together.

Sale has sucked this year, Evoldi has been on the IL most of the year and Pierce has been a shell of is former self.

They shelled out all that dough and could not sign their closer, their bullpen has been a disaster, they have the most blown saves in MLB.

If they had let these guys walk, people would be killing them; you can't win sometimes.

Last year, everything went right, this year, it's all gone wrong.

The only thing standing in the way of the Gashouse Gorillas winning a WS this year are the Dodgers.

It has become a possible worst case scenario for the Giants. Now that they have won a few games it is rumored that they will not be sellers at the trade deadline.

That is a massive mistake. The Giants' roster as currently constructed can't compete with the likes of the Dodgers, Braves, Cubs etc., let alone with the Yankees, Red Sox etc.

They need to restock a farm system that is arguably one of the worst in MLB. I'd much rather wait 5-7 years for a World Series ring than spend the next 10 years striving for a wild card (at best).

It feels more and more like this might be the Dodger's year. Things seem to be breaking their way most nights. They are playing with a lot of confidence. Young guys and veterans are all playing to potential. Injuries are always a risk but if they stay healthy and don't run into some red hot team in the playoffs, they are looking like the dominate team in the same way the Red Sox did last season. Hard to beat in a series. I never underestimate the ability of a baseball team to go into a funk though. It's a long season.

It feels more and more like this might be the Dodger's year. Things seem to be breaking their way most nights. They are playing with a lot of confidence. Young guys and veterans are all playing to potential. Injuries are always a risk but if they stay healthy and don't run into some red hot team in the playoffs, they are looking like the dominate team in the same way the Red Sox did last season. Hard to beat in a series. I never underestimate the ability of a baseball team to go into a funk though. It's a long season.

I'm amazed that Russell Martin is still in the majors, I thought he was a waiter at the last supper.

If the Dodgers get to and blow another WS, they'll be the Buffalo Bills of baseball.

I'm amazed that Russell Martin is still in the majors, I thought he was a waiter at the last supper.

If the Dodgers get to and blow another WS, they'll be the Buffalo Bills of baseball.
The Dodgers are actually tied with the Cubs for the most WS series lost at 14. Dodgers are 6-14 overall while the Cubs are 3-14. At least the Dodgers get to the Big Show on a regular basis. -- Al

As mentioned before, I am a Giants fans, therefore I can't really cheer for the Dodgers.

However, as a baseball fan it would be nice to see a player like Kershaw finally win the World Series.

As mentioned before, I am a Giants fans, therefore I can't really cheer for the Dodgers.

However, as a baseball fan it would be nice to see a player like Kershaw finally win the World Series.

It's funny to me as a Giants fan that I've never been able to work up any hatred towards the Dodgers. I was rooting for them in 77 and 78 vs the Gashouse Gorillas, was thrilled to see them beat them in the early 80's, I was rooting for the A's in 88 though, always liked the A's, those uniforms and the white cleats...…………was pulling for them vs the Astors and last year, well needless to say I was glad the way that played out.

A lot of baseball still to be played, but they are a wagon this year.

It's funny to me as a Giants fan that I've never been able to work up any hatred towards the Dodgers. I was rooting for them in 77 and 78 vs the Gashouse Gorillas, was thrilled to see them beat them in the early 80's, I was rooting for the A's in 88 though, always liked the A's, those uniforms and the white cleats...…………was pulling for them vs the Astors and last year, well needless to say I was glad the way that played out.

A lot of baseball still to be played, but they are a wagon this year.

George:

Great post.

In the Bay Area there is also a Giants/A's rivalry which I never understood. I don't see any reason why you can't root for both teams.

I am a Giants fan but when the A's are in the playoffs I always hope they do well.

I still laugh when I read about Cashman calling the Yankees the little engine that could. That title belongs to the A's. They have 1/3 of the Yankees payroll yet they continually field a competitive and entertaining team.

-Jason

George:

Great post.

In the Bay Area there is also a Giants/A's rivalry which I never understood. I don't see any reason why you can't root for both teams.

I am a Giants fan but when the A's are in the playoffs I always hope they do well.

I still laugh when I read about Cashman calling the Yankees the little engine that could. That title belongs to the A's. They have 1/3 of the Yankees payroll yet they continually field a competitive and entertaining team.

-Jason

As a kid I loved the A's, those multiple looks of yellow, green and white, the hat, the cleats, plus man oh man what a team in the early/mid 1970's, a real shame they broke the team up.

Yeah, the Yankees are America's darlings, such a feel good story, a plucky band of down on their luck underdogs desperately trying to win a WS title for all the sick little kids in hospitals in the big apple.

The Dodgers beat the Phillies 16-2 last night. I wonder how many days it took to complete that game? They are now 4-0 against Philly this season outscoring them 34-8. The should have some type of mercy rule in MLB both for the players and fans that have to endure these kinds of beatings. The Phillies manager should have said "no mas" at some point.

The Dodgers beat the Phillies 16-2 last night. I wonder how many days it took to complete that game? They are now 4-0 against Philly this season outscoring them 34-8. The should have some type of mercy rule in MLB both for the players and fans that have to endure these kinds of beatings. The Phillies manager should have said "no mas" at some point.

Yesterday the Giants beat the Rockies 19-2 in game one of a doubleheader and then won the second game 2-1. Talk about going from one extreme to another! It took 5 hours and 57 minutes to play both games.

As a kid I loved the A's, those multiple looks of yellow, green and white, the hat, the cleats, plus man oh man what a team in the early/mid 1970's, a real shame they broke the team up.

Yeah, the Yankees are America's darlings, such a feel good story, a plucky band of down on their luck underdogs desperately trying to win a WS title for all the sick little kids in hospitals in the big apple.

Who says the "Yankees" are America's team...Not me! The Red Sox are the only team that hate them...The Dodgers have a long and sorted history with them; only the Giants rank higher than them on the list we love beating.

Carlos

Yesterday the Giants beat the Rockies 19-2 in game one of a doubleheader and then won the second game 2-1. Talk about going from one extreme to another! It took 5 hours and 57 minutes to play both games.

I wonder if fans have to buy tickets for both games in a double header or do they clear the stadium after the first game? That would be murder to sit through both games. Particularly after a 19-2 beatdown.

Who says the "Yankees" are America's team...Not me! The Red Sox are the only team that hate them...The Dodgers have a long and sorted history with them; only the Giants rank higher than them on the list we love beating.

Carlos

Get your sarcasm meter fixed, I think it's broken.

Must be that wonderful 98 degree heat.

Please explain George.

Carlos

My comment about the Gashouse Gorillas being America's darlings, a feel good story and a band of plucky underdogs was sarcasm.

Rooting for them is like rooting for Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and Ebay.

Or as an older reference, American Steel or General Electric.

My comment about the Gashouse Gorillas being America's darlings, a feel good story and a band of plucky underdogs was sarcasm.

Rooting for them is like rooting for Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and Ebay.

Or as an older reference, American Steel or General Electric.

I'll exit this thread now. Don't know what the heck you're talking about. I prefer plainer language.

Perhaps just lack the intellectual capacity of sophisticated humor or was it that even.

Carlos

I'll exit this thread now. Don't know what the heck you're talking about. I prefer plainer language.

Perhaps just lack the intellectual capacity of sophisticated humor or was it that even.

Carlos

Seriously?

Geez, where is a safe space when you need one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back