2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

No matter how hot they are, the Nats can't seem to close on Atlanta. Atlanta just stays hot and keeps that 6-8 game lead. After last night's games, the Nats are 31-12 in their last 43 games and have climbed to the 3rd best record in the NL, but even though they have gone 8-2 over the last 10 games, they have gained zero (0) games on Atlanta over that span. Nats SP's are 14-0 since June 16. If only the bullpen was half as good as the starters...:rolleyes2: -- Al

No matter how hot they are, the Nats can't seem to close on Atlanta. Atlanta just stays hot and keeps that 6-8 game lead. After last night's games, the Nats are 31-12 in their last 43 games and have climbed to the 3rd best record in the NL, but even though they have gone 8-2 over the last 10 games, they have gained zero (0) games on Atlanta over that span. Nats SP's are 14-0 since June 16. If only the bullpen was half as good as the starters...:rolleyes2: -- Al

I like watching the Braves, Nats and Phillies play because those teams seem to already be playing playoff baseball. Each game matters to them.

Nats lost a chance to gain a game on Atlanta last night because...wait for it...their bullpen blew another game.:mad: Nats SP left with a 2-1 lead and it took the bullpen 1 out to blow the lead. The bullpen, in fine fashion, gave up 8 runs in 2 innings of work by 4 'pitchers'. This team is going nowhere as long as the incompetents in the bullpen are allowed to keep trashing the SP's work. Sure is frustrating to watch this pattern time and again. -- Al

Perhaps this means something, perhaps it means nothing. But one interesting Braves stat is that they have basically the same record home or away. Right now slightly better away but that mostly reflects the fact they’ve played a few more games on the road than at home.

28-19 home
30-20 away

Long way to go.

Nats lost a chance to gain a game on Atlanta last night because...wait for it...their bullpen blew another game.:mad: Nats SP left with a 2-1 lead and it took the bullpen 1 out to blow the lead. The bullpen, in fine fashion, gave up 8 runs in 2 innings of work by 4 'pitchers'. This team is going nowhere as long as the incompetents in the bullpen are allowed to keep trashing the SP's work. Sure is frustrating to watch this pattern time and again. -- Al

Al:

There seems to be some help available via trades, the question will be the cost.

-Jason

Al:

There seems to be some help available via trades, the question will be the cost.

-Jason
Jason, it always comes down to what you are willing to pay, or can pay. Nats have the money but the pieces to trade are slim. Nats have really emptied out a lot of their trade chips over the last couple of seasons trying to shore up the bullpen or whatever. It is going to be really interesting to see what management does as it is obvious this team is not going to succeed with the current bullpen. -- Al

Perhaps this means something, perhaps it means nothing. But one interesting Braves stat is that they have basically the same record home or away. Right now slightly better away but that mostly reflects the fact they’ve played a few more games on the road than at home.

28-19 home
30-20 away

Long way to go.
It means they are a good team that isn't bothered by where they play. It is an excellent sign. -- Al

Jason, it always comes down to what you are willing to pay, or can pay. Nats have the money but the pieces to trade are slim. Nats have really emptied out a lot of their trade chips over the last couple of seasons trying to shore up the bullpen or whatever. It is going to be really interesting to see what management does as it is obvious this team is not going to succeed with the current bullpen. -- Al

I think that is the issue for a lot of teams. Most teams are willing to trade away top pitching talent however they want a king's ransom of young talent in exchange and if you don't have that to trade you are in trouble.

I see the Angels have DFA'ed Matt Harvey. They signed him for $11 mil and got a 3-5 record with a 7.09 ERA for their money. At 30 years old and reportedly still having good stuff, he will probably still have a chance to catch on somewhere but the truth is he has never been the same pitcher since leading the Mets to the WS in 2015. Harvey had TJ surgery and was out the 2014 season, with 2015 being his return season. Whatever the reason, 2015 was his last effective season to this point. I would like to see him catch on and make an effective comeback. -- Al

The Red Sox lost to the AAA LET'S GO O'S!! last night in steamy Baltimore in front of 47 fans 8-2.

Price got shelled, giving up bombs to tomato cans I've never heard of; the LET'S GO O'S! have gutted that team and thrown a bunch of ham and eggers out there but it matters not, even though they are 420 games out of first, once again they treat any series with the Red Sox like it's the World Series, they've been doing this since 2011 when they knocked the Red Sox out of the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Too bad they play like hot garbage vs everyone else.

The Red Sox are slipping further and further out of the second wild card spot, the AAA Doofin Rays and the little train that could A's are both on fire right now, as are the Indians under former Red Sox manager Tito Francona, three teams with a combined payroll of $752.19 are outclassing the team with the highest payroll in baseball.

Adios Mookie, go play somewhere else which is what you want anyway, hoping Price and Martinez both opt out at the end of the year, but considering the two of them are a complete tire fire, they won't and they'll come back to Boston next year to steal more money from the Red Sox.

At least Jesse James wore a mask.

Sp after taking the AAALET'SGOO'S!! behind the woodshed and laying an epic beating on them last night, today in a game being played on the surface of the sun, they are getting no hit through six innings by some tomato can who's been released by no less than SIX MLB teams.

Not traded, but released.

Gee, never saw this coming; how many times in baseball do you see a team score 265 runs in one game, then lay an egg in the next game.

And speaking of laying an egg, this stiff they traded for from the Orioles is pitching like dog ****, getting shelled by a AAA team.

So the Red Sox are about to lose two out of three to a team that is probably going to lose 110 games.

What a frustrating sport baseball is to watch.

Be happy for 2018 RS fans...……………….oh, and in conclusion, here is an age-old question: what pitcher in the history of baseball had the most dominating, unhittable stuff of all time, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, or Asher Wojciechowski?

I'll go with Asher Wojcieshitshow.

Watch this clambrain throw a no hitter in front of 19 people today.

Sp after taking the AAALET'SGOO'S!! behind the woodshed and laying an epic beating on them last night, today in a game being played on the surface of the sun, they are getting no hit through six innings by some tomato can who's been released by no less than SIX MLB teams.

Not traded, but released.

Gee, never saw this coming; how many times in baseball do you see a team score 265 runs in one game, then lay an egg in the next game.

And speaking of laying an egg, this stiff they traded for from the Orioles is pitching like dog ****, getting shelled by a AAA team.

So the Red Sox are about to lose two out of three to a team that is probably going to lose 110 games.

What a frustrating sport baseball is to watch.

Be happy for 2018 RS fans...……………….oh, and in conclusion, here is an age-old question: what pitcher in the history of baseball had the most dominating, unhittable stuff of all time, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, or Asher Wojciechowski?

I'll go with Asher Wojcieshitshow.

Watch this clambrain throw a no hitter in front of 19 people today.

Well after seven and a third innings and him giving up two hits and throwing 105 pitches, his arm fell off, so they yanked him.

Palmer referred to that performance today as "One of the greatest in Orioles history"...…

Mother of God.

My only conclusion is the heat has fried what's left of his brain.

Actually, com to think of it, I couldn't agree more, Palmer is spot on, what an epic performance, he'll always be an Orioles legend...……….Palmer, Cuellar, McNally, Wojceishitshow.

I for one look forward to hearing him speak in Cooperstown in a few years.

Not at the baseball hall of fame induction ceremony, but at the McDonald's drive through asking me if I want fries with that.

I watched all of the Twins Yankees game last night. That was like Nintendo, hit after hit, after hit.

I watched all of the Twins Yankees game last night. That was like Nintendo, hit after hit, after hit.

Twins blew a 9-3 lead, the gashouse gorillas had 20 hits.

Unbelievable.

Maddening is more like it.

The team I love to hate just keeps rolling along, like Panzers through Europe 1939-1940.

One thing has become obvious for the O's this season...they must score first to have a chance. They do not come back well. When scoring first, the O's are a .500 team, being 22-22. When the opponent scores first, the O's are 10-46. Rather a done deal.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Nats played game #100 today as the opener of a twi-night double header. They beat the Rockies 3-2. In their first 50 games the Nats were a miserable 19-31 and DOA, so it seemed. In their next 50 games the Nats have gone 35-15, a complete turnaround that has them in 2nd place in the NL East, 5 games back of the Braves, and in the first WC team position. 62 games to go and maintain or improve. Hope they can keep it up but we need to get Scherzer back and keep everyone healthy.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Classic case of The Grass Isn't Always Greener: From 2009 thru 2015 the Nats had one of baseball's better RH pitchers, Jordan Zimmermann. His record with the Nats was 70-50 with a 3.32 ERA, other good numbers as a reliable 200 IP and a no-hitter to his resume. Then came FA and Zimm decided to take a flyer and signed with Detroit. It has been a disaster of a deal for Detroit and Zimm. In the 3+ seasons with Detroit, Zimm has pitched as many as 160 innings once, has a record with the Tigers of 24-36 with an ERA approaching 5.60. He lost today, making his 2019 record 0-8 with a 7.57 ERA! He has had injury problems since going to Detroit but the rapid and total decline in his effectiveness is shocking. He was one of my favorite pitchers, which is why I still follow him. I hope he can get his act together but at 33 years of age and with such tragic numbers in the last 4 years, I would think his rope is running out. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back