2019 Baseball season (8 Viewers)

If you’d told me that the Mets would take 2 out of 3, I would have been happy, but it could have been so much more. Well, time to move on.

Where was the crowd today? These are teams in a playoff race, not to mention divisional rivals. I don’t understand it.

If you’d told me that the Mets would take 2 out of 3, I would have been happy, but it could have been so much more. Well, time to move on.

Where was the crowd today? These are teams in a playoff race, not to mention divisional rivals. I don’t understand it.
Same thing I was thinking and that has been a subject of discussion around here. My guess is that mid-week daytime games right after school opens are bound to be a little light on attendance as everyone settles back into post-Labor Day work and school routines. But that doesn't explain the season long fall off in attendance. -- Al

If only the Dodgers could play the Rockies every night, they would go 162-0. They broke the NL HR record for a season this week. In straight ABs over two games, Joc Pederson did the following: home run, home run, double, home run, home run, walk, home run. That is video game numbers on the easiest setting.

big game for Garrett Cole today on his 29th birthday...
96 pitches...
pitched 8 full innings with a 1 hitter...
it was a home run...
but the offense gave him plenty of support in a 21-1 win...

It was an interesting weekend of fratricide in the NL East. Nats went to Atlanta, got beaten 3 out of 4, put their division title dreams to bed, and are now trying to hold onto the #1 WC spot. It won't be easy, as with 20 games left, 17 are against contending winners. Phils and Mets went at each other, Phils took 2 of 3, leaving the race for the #2 WC spot a real jumble with 4 teams within 4 games of the Cubs, the current #2 WC position holder. After sputtering for a while, both the D-backs and Brewers have repositioned themselves, along with the Mets and Phils, as contenders in the chase for the #2 spot. Going to be the proverbial dogfight for the WC over the last 20 games. -- Al

Mets are not contenders, even pretenders. The pen (Diaz again) coughed it up on Friday but somehow they managed to win. On Sunday the pen was awful. What else is new. They’re probably going to get hammered by the D Backs this week, who may be the second WC. This pen problem has to be fixed next year. It can’t happen again.

Mets are not contenders, even pretenders. The pen (Diaz again) coughed it up on Friday but somehow they managed to win. On Sunday the pen was awful. What else is new. They’re probably going to get hammered by the D Backs this week, who may be the second WC. This pen problem has to be fixed next year. It can’t happen again.
Brad, believe me when I say that I can relate. I just KNOW that the Nats pen is going to kill them when it matters, whether it be getting into the playoffs, or while in the playoffs, their pen is going to cost them the season. Nothing has worked. It needs a complete overhaul in the off-season. Nothing can be done now but to ride it out and bemoan their fate. -- Al

Solid bullpens are just about non-existent in the league. My impression is very few teams have worthy arms beyond their starters.

Solid bullpens are just about non-existent in the league. My impression is very few teams have worthy arms beyond their starters.

Unless you're the gashouse gorillas and you have 19 closers in your bullpen.

Everyone claims they'll have a tough time getting past the Houston pitching if they both make it to the ALCS; no they won't, they'll go with three starters, use starters in spots on their scheduled bullpen days between starts and keep trotting out bullpen arms and shorten games.

They'll give Houston everything they can handle.

Well, I know for certain that the Nats would be better off if their bullpen was non-existent.:rolleyes2:^&grin -- Al

Yup, totally agree, the Astors just won themselves a trip to the WS, beating the NL representative will be another kettle of fish, but with that staff, they are loaded and as we all know, pitching wins championships.

Everyone claims they'll have a tough time getting past the Houston pitching if they both make it to the ALCS; no they won't, they'll go with three starters, use starters in spots on their scheduled bullpen days between starts and keep trotting out bullpen arms and shorten games.

They'll give Houston everything they can handle.

alright George...what happened to Houston's pitching since you said this?

What is this sport of baseball you are referring to?

College/Pro football season is here.

Baseball; I'm out.

The Giants are still in it mathematically, but in reality they are finished.

They hung onto Bumgarner in the hopes of making a wild-card run and that clearly didn't work. It seemed more like nostalgia anyways.

Now they need to avoid compounding that mistake by over paying to keep him. Let someone else give him $20 mil a year for 15-15 and an ERA near 4 over the last 2 years.

What is this sport of baseball you are referring to?

College/Pro football season is here.

Baseball; I'm out.

Seriously? Because your team is out, you’re not watching the playoffs? If that was my policy, I would have watched the playoffs only 3 or 4 times in the last 40 or so years. To each his own, bye.

only prognostications from here on since the Sox are out huh?

I'll tune back in once the playoffs start; fall baseball is awesome, specifically the championship series for both leagues and the WS...……………...

Seriously? Because your team is out, you’re not watching the playoffs? If that was my policy, I would have watched the playoffs only 3 or 4 times in the last 40 or so years. To each his own, bye.

As stated, I'll tune back in once the playoffs start.

The Red Sox can't win it every year; I'll take every 4 or so years as has been the case since 2004...………………………...:wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back