2019 Baseball season (4 Viewers)

Don't forget Nats 3B Rendon in any MVP discussion. The man leads MLB in batting and is tied for the MLB lead in RBI's. He is a very legitimate candidate. -- Al

Yelich was a strong leading candidate, too, till he cracked his kneecap.

Prost!
Brad

I just looked at the NL batting leaders...
while Alonso does have power...
a ton of HR's...
he also has a ton of strike outs coupled with that 265...

if Yelch wasn't injured...
he would be my choice...

and I'm sure there are some more Met's fans lurking on here...you're not alone...:wink2:

I didn’t say he should win it but he’s not even mentioned. Strikeouts are part of the game today. His HRs and RBIs can’t be ignored. This team would be nowhere without him. He’s one of the few players I can remember really happy to be a Met. We revel in that.

Even with Yelich’s injury, I’d still make him MVP. Rendon is going to look great next playing 3B in Queens.

I didn’t say he should win it but he’s not even mentioned. Strikeouts are part of the game today. His HRs and RBIs can’t be ignored. This team would be nowhere without him. He’s one of the few players I can remember really happy to be a Met. We revel in that.

Even with Yelich’s injury, I’d still make him MVP. Rendon is going to look great next playing 3B in Queens.
A legitimate worry here in DC as Boris is determined to test FA waters. The big thing that Nats Nation is counting on is Rendon's low key, fly under the radar personality. He hates the spotlight and NY is the ultimate spotlight. We still hope that the combination of Rendon's personality and the Lerner's actually loosening the purse strings will keep Rendon where he belongs, at 3B, in DC, for about 10 years or so. :wink2: -- Al

Speaking of MVP's.........

It is almost painful to watch Buster Posey this season. He is hitting .257 with 6 HR's and 35 RBI's. I am not sure if he is injured or if age has caught up with him but 2012 (his MVP season) seems like forever ago.

can a guy that doesn't even play the last 3-4 weeks of the season win a title like that?
Agree. No matter how good he has been, a player that is MIA, for whatever reason, in the September stretch drive, has to be an 'also ran'. -- Al

In my mind baseball is such a numbers driven game. If you don't play for a month it skews your stats and you drop out of the running for awards.

In my mind baseball is such a numbers driven game. If you don't play for a month it skews your stats and you drop out of the running for awards.

It's not a full month. He was injured on September 10 and the season ends on the 29th, plus his stats are already very good. They'd just be a little better if he played 150 or so games instead of 130. Trout has missed some games this year. Any question he's going to be MVP? Hmm, didn't think so.

In a waiting room today, I notice they have SIs 2019 Baseball Preview” issue sitting there. The Phillies are on the cover.

Perusing it, they look to have accurately predicted the top 3 teams in the AL. Dodgers were an easy pick. But they had Stl second or third in the NL central - and Atlanta finishing fourth in the NL East.

That’s why they play the games.

It's not a full month. He was injured on September 10 and the season ends on the 29th, plus his stats are already very good. They'd just be a little better if he played 150 or so games instead of 130. Trout has missed some games this year. Any question he's going to be MVP? Hmm, didn't think so.

Trout has already played more games than Yelich and he does not have nearly the competition that Yelich has for MVP in the NL.

looking at Houston's starting pitcher's projected line up for their remaining 12 games...
they only have a 4 man rotation...Verlander...Grienke...Miley and Cole...

they have used a 5 man rotation all year...
with poor results on the 5th man...

they have tried several starters for that last spot...
with little success...
even gone some nights where they used the relief pitchers from the 1st inning on...

I wonder if this will tire them out...
I think home field is a huge factor in the playoffs for the Astros...
they are 56-20 at home...
and only 41-33 on the road...
huge difference...

I think they need home field advantage in the AL playoffs to advance...
their last 12 games are against under 500 clubs...
they trail the NYY by 1 game right now...
they need to go on a strong run to close the season and hopefully get home field...
if they tie identical records with the NNY...
Houston gets the tie breaker...

Nats continue their September swoon as they are now 2-7 against the Mets and Braves this month, and just 5-8 overall. They look as though they want to throw all the good work they did in June, July, and August out the window. The offense has been real hit or miss and the bullpen typically bad. It will be a race to see if they can hold onto a WC spot the way they are playing. Wrong time of year to pull this crap. -- Al

I think they will hold on. I’m not sure about the Brewers without Yelich. The only hope for Milwaukee or the Mets overcoming the Cubs is the Cardinals; they have six games remaining against the Cubs. After today Mets schedule gets a little easier: 10 games against losing teams before they finish up against Atlanta. To have a chance they probably need to go 8-2 and that may not be good enough.

Well, Mets lost and are 4 GB. Like George, I’m out. Adios.

And just like that Trout is done for the season as he is having season ending surgery on his foot this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back