2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

You people don't know what heartbreak really is. You're not Phillies fans.

There's even a play about it, a one-man show called, "The Philly Fan". Worth seeing, if you have the opportunity.

Prost!
Brad

PS-Klentak and Kapler have got to go.

As stated, I'll tune back in once the playoffs start.

The Red Sox can't win it every year; I'll take every 4 or so years as has been the case since 2004...………………………...:wink2:

So, just fibbin' again?

Bruce Bochy should retire before tonight's game with a career record of 1995-2019. His managerial career began in 1995 and he is set to retire in 2019.

Nats are apparently making every effort to choke this season away. Went 1-2 against the Mets, then 1-3 against the Braves, and started the Twins series with a loss tonight. Their September 'push' is going in the wrong direction and Martinez still can't manage a bullpen. -- Al

Houston scored 21 runs Sunday...
then scored 15 Monday...

and are losing tonight in the 8th...
20-5...

the model of consistency...:wink2:
2nd unreal bad start in a row for Miley...

The Giants are still in it mathematically, but in reality they are finished.

They hung onto Bumgarner in the hopes of making a wild-card run and that clearly didn't work. It seemed more like nostalgia anyways.

Now they need to avoid compounding that mistake by over paying to keep him. Let someone else give him $20 mil a year for 15-15 and an ERA near 4 over the last 2 years.

He’s not having a great year but it’s not terrible either.

Houston scored 21 runs Sunday...
then scored 15 Monday...

and are losing tonight in the 8th...
20-5...

the model of consistency...:wink2:
2nd unreal bad start in a row for Miley...
Mike, as you know, I've been watching Miley becasuse of the outstanding year he had been having. It is possible he has hit the wall. His inning total is now equal to his total with the O's a couple of years ago. Over his last 6 starts, he has pitched just 18 innings, given up 38 hits and 19 earned runs. He may need a rest, perhaps skipping a start or two, a not impossible course of action due to Houston's lead, though they are in a battle for HFA. -- Al

Mike, as you know, I've been watching Miley becasuse of the outstanding year he had been having. It is possible he has hit the wall. His inning total is now equal to his total with the O's a couple of years ago. Over his last 6 starts, he has pitched just 18 innings, given up 38 hits and 19 earned runs. He may need a rest, perhaps skipping a start or two, a not impossible course of action due to Houston's lead, though they are in a battle for HFA. -- Al

Al...
you have mentioned several times to me before...
when I stated that Miley's success doesn't seem to be as recognized as Cole, Verlanders and Grienke's...
that Miley has been no better than average til he got traded to the Astros...

he needs the Cheech Marin Tin Cup driving range fix to get his groove back...
he's throwing nothing but meatballs the last few starts...

I think Houston's chance to get to the WS...
is that best record in the AL for home field advantage is imperative...
they are not a good road team...
as the NYY are not either...
to me this is a big factor if they have a playoff series...

He’s not having a great year but it’s not terrible either.

Brad:

Agreed and I would love to keep him but according to sport-stalk here in the Bay Area his agent is looking for a 4 year $80 mil contract. I just don't think he is worth that type of money considering his steady decline.

-Jason

Strange to see the Dodgers playing the Orioles. I still haven't got used to the interleague play. I also didn't realize Boog Powell was still alive. I remember him playing when I was a kid. Great name.

Brad:

Agreed and I would love to keep him but according to sport-stalk here in the Bay Area his agent is looking for a 4 year $80 mil contract. I just don't think he is worth that type of money considering his steady decline.

-Jason

Jason, I can't see any team signing him for that kind of money. I imagine the Giants will make him a qualifying offer, which will probably scare away more suitors.

Jason, I can't see any team signing him for that kind of money. I imagine the Giants will make him a qualifying offer, which will probably scare away more suitors.

Brad,

I hope so! I'd really like him to stay a Giant, he really symbolizes the grit and determination of a winner.

-Jason

Strange to see the Dodgers playing the Orioles. I still haven't got used to the interleague play. I also didn't realize Boog Powell was still alive. I remember him playing when I was a kid. Great name.
Boog's doing OK and he runs a very popular Bar-B-Q concession out in the RF concourse. -- Al

Two noteworthy things about the O's 7-3 win over the Dodgers last night; #1- it was win #47 for the team, matching last year's win total and #2- O's infielder Jonathon Villar hit his 21st Hr of the year, which just happened to be MLB's Hr #6106 on the year, a new all-time high record for Hr's. Can't help but wonder what the final Hr figure will reach before the season ends. -- Al

Two noteworthy things about the O's 7-3 win over the Dodgers last night; #1- it was win #47 for the team, matching last year's win total and #2- O's infielder Jonathon Villar hit his 21st Hr of the year, which just happened to be MLB's Hr #6106 on the year, a new all-time high record for Hr's. Can't help but wonder what the final Hr figure will reach before the season ends. -- Al

Al:

Each team has about 15 more games left. I think a total of 7,000 home runs is a stretch but 6500 is a real possibility.

-Jason

you Mets fans might like this story...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27602977/superstitious-alonso-shaves-mustache-midgame

Bregman...from the Astros did this last year in between innings...
the announcers were like...
"Alex looks different doesn't he?"...
it took them a bit to figure it out...^&grin

That would be in the singular {eek3}

Yes, I noticed he shaved. What I don't understand is why he's not in the conversation for MVP. He has more HRs and RBIs than Bellinger but he's probably sunk by his average, .265. Not saying he should win it but he's not even mentioned as a candidate.

Mets finished an impressive 4 game sweep against the Snakes and are now just 2 back. Still a long shot but they're right behind the little bears and Brewskis in the second WC spot. Tough test this weekend against the Combat-ers ^&grin (channeling my inner George).

I just looked at the NL batting leaders...
while Alonso does have power...
a ton of HR's...
he also has a ton of strike outs coupled with that 265...

if Yelch wasn't injured...
he would be my choice...

and I'm sure there are some more Met's fans lurking on here...you're not alone...:wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back