2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

Chris, Strasburg did not get the win because he was long out of the game when the winning runs were scored in the 10th inning. The pitcher of record was the reliever Hudson who was on the mound in the 9th. Strasburg left after 6 with the Nats trailing 3-1. The only way Strasburg could have gotten the win is for the Nats to have scored the go-ahead runs in the top of the 7th and held that lead to the end. And, yes, love the irony of Harper getting to watch all this on the tube.:wink2: -- Al

I see- I had always thought whichever pitcher works the longest picks up the W or L depending on how the team performed.

My daughter went bananas watching the game with me last night when she saw Michael A. Taylor in center field "Oh my God!!! Dude, I just saw him back in August at the Senators game I went to!!" She couldn't believe it I guess lol {sm4}

And yes, I agree with you about Kendrick- seemed to turn his game up- must have wanted to do good in front of his old team mates.

.......In my opinion, as great as his stats, he is not a HOF player due to his postseason disasters which now border on the incredible.

Interesting as I was thinking about his HOF situation as well.

I think he still makes it and for some of the reasons you mentioned- I think it can be argued he just didn't have the talent around him when he was in his prime (akin to Barry Sanders in the NFL). I think it can be argued that the Dodgers wouldn't have been as competitive and made the post season runs without him. I also think his demeanor helps him, heck his post season performance may actually get him some sympathy votes. I just don't see him not in the Hall.

Sort of reminds me a bit of the Steve Young situation back in the 90's- played in Montana's shadow for so long and just couldn't seem to get there and then "BAM" they beat the Chargers in the SB and everyone loves the guy. Hopefully the same will happen for Kershaw.

Still though, you'd think from a coaching perspective, Honeycutt and his staff would sit down and talk to the guy and try to figure out what is wrong and help him out. Might be some things he can change, maybe it's nerves, etc. I have to imagine there is something they can do to help him out.

I think he still has some quality years ahead of him.

Is it me or does it look like when the camera pans across the fans at the Rays home games it looks like there are sections that are reserved for nursing home field trips???? I swear, the other night it looked like the cameras panned to the fans and you see rows of dudes wearing Rays shirts and jerseys, kids eating hot dogs, moms trying to stay awake and then BAM! A section with a couple dozen people with White/silver hair, respectable polo shirts and khakis, and walking canes.....I mean it's Florida so it would make sense!! {sm4}

The power is out at our home in the Bay Area.

In order to watch the Astros Devil Rays game I am going to have to stay at work!

The power is out at our home in the Bay Area.

In order to watch the Astros Devil Rays game I am going to have to stay at work!

Jason...
you come on over to my house...
I have a 68" high definition...
I'm gonna make some sauteed basil shrimp over fettuccine for dinner...
only thing is...
you gotta root for the Astros...^&grin

Jason...
you come on over to my house...
I have a 68" high definition...
I'm gonna make some sauteed basil shrimp over fettuccine for dinner...
only thing is...
you gotta root for the Astros...^&grin

Mike:

Thanks for the invite! As if I wasn't missing Texas enough already............^&grin

I think I mentioned before I am an Astros fan by default. We get the games in San Antonio and I watch them when I am there. I also enjoy their radio broadcasts.

Best of luck on today's game.

-Jason

Hey Mike, good luck tonight. Hope Cole locks the Rays down and it's Houston v NY. :salute:: -- Al

That's the way to start the game, 4-0 Astros after one. Keep it going. -- Al

Al...couldn't have hoped for a better start...8 batters got to the plate....got all the way to Maldanado...almost the top of the order up for the 2nd...Cole got his pitch count down a little in this inning...

this game is not very fluid...
slow moving for sure...

TB...
5 pitchers in 5 innings...
2 threw 6 pitches...
1 threw 1 pitch...

this pitching by committee sure slows the game down...
seems like a lot of time goes by in each pitcher change...
lot of snack breaks in between...

Congratulations, Mike and Jason. Cole was dominating and Tampa was never in the game. Now we get the 'Big Faceoff' between the best the AL can offer. ^&grin -- Al

Congratulations, Mike and Jason. Cole was dominating and Tampa was never in the game. Now we get the 'Big Faceoff' between the best the AL can offer. ^&grin -- Al

Al:

Thanks, the final four is set, I'll be cheering for a Nats vs. Astros World Series!

-Jason

Jason...

you too...

Cole really came through in a clutch moment...8 innings...107 pitches and only 2 hits...10 K's...

would love to be in the WS with the Nats...

did your power come back on or did you get to watch it at work?

Congrats Mike. I didn't see the game as we were out this evening and I just got home. Sounds like the Astros were in command the whole way. Now, for the big, bad Yankees.

Congrats Mike. I'm not an Astros fans but I hate the Yankees. So I'm with you by default. The Astros should bring back those rainbow uniforms from the 80s and render the Yanks blind. I think the Seattle Seahawks did that to my Rams recently when they wore those glowing electricity city yellow unis that almost burned out my retinas.

Congrats Mike. I'm not an Astros fans but I hate the Yankees. So I'm with you by default. The Astros should bring back those rainbow uniforms from the 80s and render the Yanks blind. I think the Seattle Seahawks did that to my Rams recently when they wore those glowing electricity city yellow unis that almost burned out my retinas.

I can just imagine the person who pitched those idiotic rainbow uniforms to the Astors, or more importantly, his reaction when they said "Yes, we will go with those hideous uniforms"...……...holy Christ where those things ugly. What's worse is when they show some clambrain in the stands wearing a replica version...…………..what a maroon...………………...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back