2019 Baseball season (6 Viewers)

I can just imagine the person who pitched those idiotic rainbow uniforms to the Astors, or more importantly, his reaction when they said "Yes, we will go with those hideous uniforms"...……...holy Christ where those things ugly. What's worse is when they show some clambrain in the stands wearing a replica version...…………..what a maroon...………………...

My favorite Astro - the only one I can remember other than Nolan Ryan - was J.R. Richard. His name was J.R. He was so happy to be in that rainbow uni on his baseball card. Like his mom had forced him to wear it to school and he knew the other kids were going to give him a beating for it:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=17105

My favorite Astro - the only one I can remember other than Nolan Ryan - was J.R. Richard. His name was J.R. He was so happy to be in that rainbow uni on his baseball card. Like his mom had forced him to wear it to school and he knew the other kids were going to give him a beating for it:

That's awesome, he looks thrilled to be wearing that get up...……….:rolleyes2:

Jason...

you too...

Cole really came through in a clutch moment...8 innings...107 pitches and only 2 hits...10 K's...

would love to be in the WS with the Nats...

did your power come back on or did you get to watch it at work?

Mike:

Unlike Verlander in game 4, Cole seemed at ease and well prepared last night.

I am with you on Nats Astros World Series, Cole, Verlander, Greinke vs. Scherzer, Starsburg.............

The power come back on in the 7th inning so I watched it at work. A few others joined me so it was a mini-baseball party. ^&grin

-Jason

Mike:

I am with you on Nats Astros World Series, Cole, Verlander, Greinke vs. Scherzer, Starsburg.............

The power come back on in the 7th inning so I watched it at work. A few others joined me so it was a mini-baseball party. ^&grin

-Jason
This would be a perfectly acceptable series for me.^&grin The only problem is the Nats have to get past the Cards, and our history with them is not very good. We shall have a go at them, though. -- Al

This would be a perfectly acceptable series for me.^&grin The only problem is the Nats have to get past the Cards, and our history with them is not very good. We shall have a go at them, though. -- Al

Al:

The Cards are one of those franchises that always seem to step it up in the playoffs. No matter who is on their roster, or who their manger is etc., once they make it to the post-season they are dangerous.

On the other hand the Nats beat the mighty Dodgers. If there was one thing they seemed to be lacking going into the playoffs it was confidence. Well, they certainly should have that now!!!!

-Jason

I’m not a big fan of that franchise or its fans — no offense Gary, if he’s looking in — for reasons dating back to the 80s so I hope the Nets beat them, and like a drum.

I’m not a big fan of that franchise or its fans — no offense Gary, if he’s looking in — for reasons dating back to the 80s so I hope the Nets beat them, and like a drum.

I think Gary is probably still enjoying the Stanley Cup!!!!!!

Mike:

-Jason

Jason...

I agree...
Verlander looked very uncomfortable...
taking deep breaths before each pitch...
he did not look at ease...

when Cole gave up that solo HR in the 2nd...
the camera panned in on him and he looked mad...
like...
"okay...you got me on that one...but it won't happen again"...
he was very determined last night...

looking at the rotation for the ALCS...
I think he may only pitch twice...
probably Tuesday and if there is a Game 7...
I hope Grienke has a good 7 inning outing Saturday...
and please let the bats wake up...^&grin

my dad was a CPA...but he also owned a radio station in Galveston...(KGBC)...and as a perk...the station almost always got trade outs for tickets to the Astrodome when the Astrodome purchased advertising for an event promotion on the radio station...we used to go to the Astrodome all the time...my Dad would mostly just give the tickets to me...unless it was something he wanted to go to...which he always took me...my brother and my Uncle...but if he didn't want to go...I would take 3 of my friends...we got see the Astros as much as we wanted...the Great Wallenda...Evil Kneevil...Demolition Derby...Billy Jean King vs Bobby Riggs...we even saw Ali fight twice...against Ernie Terrell and Buster Mathis...he had tickets for Elvis several times...but stupidly I never went to see him...now I wish I had...I just didn't like Elvis back then...but I do now...

I remember those uniforms well...I looked at the link you posted...JR did not look happy...^&grin...but he had an infectious huge smile...I liked the uniforms...they were innovative for their time...he had about 5 really good years with the Astros...I saw him pitch often...and of course Nolan Ryan too...when they posted the radar speed on their 100 mph pitches...the crowd would go freakin' crazy...JR had a tragic ending...a stroke disabled him and he eventually went financially broke and reportedly lived under a bridge in Houston...I think he became a minister or a deacon...

Al...

good luck tonight...
hope Sanchez pitches 7 (or more) great innings and do whatever they need to do so you guys win Game 1...
I'm not gonna watch it cause I have company coming over tonight...
and she's been screaming about too much football and baseball on tv lately...
but good luck...

Al...

good luck tonight...
hope Sanchez pitches 7 (or more) great innings and do whatever they need to do so you guys win Game 1...
I'm not gonna watch it cause I have company coming over tonight...
and she's been screaming about too much football and baseball on tv lately...
but good luck...
Many thanks, Mike. Sanchez is our #4 starter so Martinez will probably yank him before he goes 7, but I can hope anyway. It would be great to take Game 1 and get to Scherzer and Strasburg with that advantage, but I still have our poor history against St. Loo stuck in my memory. -- Al

Many thanks, Mike. Sanchez is our #4 starter so Martinez will probably yank him before he goes 7, but I can hope anyway. It would be great to take Game 1 and get to Scherzer and Strasburg with that advantage, but I still have our poor history against St. Loo stuck in my memory. -- Al

I just checked in...good start...1-0...the new and improved bullpen is ready to show off tonight...^&grin

wow!
3 innings only 34 pitches...no hits...he may go more than 7 at this rate...^&grin

I just checked in...good start...1-0...the new and improved bullpen is ready to show off tonight...^&grin

wow!
3 innings only 34 pitches...no hits...he may go more than 7 at this rate...^&grin
Fingers crossed, but still waiting for the roof to fall...:rolleyes2: -- Al

If the Nats let this one get away, it's gonna hurt, big time. Their #4 starter has a no-hitter through 6, yet the Nats lead only 2-0 having had 9 hits and 4 walks. They just haven't gotten the big hit. They have left the bases loaded twice and have stranded 11 runners. Plus, the Nats are short in the bullpen as their closer, Hudson, is on maternity leave as his wife just had a baby. Sanchez has been superb, so I hope he can continue. -- Al

Al...
Sanchez is really on tonight...
7 innings only 88 pitches...
he make throw the 8th too...
Well, he made it 7.2 innings of no-hit ball, so now we will see if the bullpen can step up and close this out. Nail-biting time... -- Al

Well, he made it 7.2 innings of no-hit ball, so now we will see if the bullpen can step up and close this out. Nail-biting time... -- Al

you have to be delighted with his effort...
he went deep into the game with a shut out working...
probably the way the dreamed about it last night...^&grin

you have to be delighted with his effort...
he went deep into the game with a shut out working...
probably the way the dreamed about it last night...^&grin
Most impressive. Delighted is an understatement.:wink2: I'll be even more delighted if Doolittle can close this out. With Hudson on maternity leave, Doolittle is the only decent arm in the pen. Fingers crossed as fingernails are now gone... -- Al

well...
you have seen the lion's share of their bullpen tonight...^&grin
already 7 pitchers used...
that may help the next time your batters see them...
reminds me of TB last night...
they used 9 pitchers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back