2019 Baseball season (5 Viewers)

Whew! Big win, big save. The pitching came up huge. Good thing too, considering how many runners the Nats stranded. Huge win on the road. -- Al

I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Expos are winning the world series.

They've got that St. Louis Blues horseshoe thing going...…..won the wild card game with a late two out hit coupled with a horrible error...…………...won game 5 of the NLDS thanks to a boneheaded decision to use Kershaw vs the bullpen...……….Sanchez looked like Bob Gibson last night.

Sanchez?

If that tomato can pitches like that, forget it; there is no way, no how the Cardinals are going to win 4 out of 6 vs Scherzer and Strasburg going forward, both of whom will now pitch twice.

Forget it, it's over; the Cardinals HAD to have that game last night and they lost.

They are done, series over.

First the Capitals break a 200 year old choke track record, now the Expos, who previous to the wild card game, had never won a thing in the post season are going to win the World Series.

The Redskins are next...………………………...:rolleyes2:

I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Expos are winning the world series.

They've got that St. Louis Blues horseshoe thing going...…..won the wild card game with a late two out hit coupled with a horrible error...…………...won game 5 of the NLDS thanks to a boneheaded decision to use Kershaw vs the bullpen...……….Sanchez looked like Bob Gibson last night.

Sanchez?

If that tomato can pitches like that, forget it; there is no way, no how the Cardinals are going to win 4 out of 6 vs Scherzer and Strasburg going forward, both of whom will now pitch twice.

Forget it, it's over; the Cardinals HAD to have that game last night and they lost.

They are done, series over.

First the Capitals break a 200 year old choke track record, now the Expos, who previous to the wild card game, had never won a thing in the post season are going to win the World Series.

The Redskins are next...………………………...:rolleyes2:
George, I like the way you think. However, I will not be celebrating until the Nationals win 7 more games. While I am willing to concede that last night's win was a big one, it was only one game. The Nats have made it further than I had dared hope, so it is proving to be a very fun ride into uncharted territory, but no parades until the last out. Now, about the Redskins...don't bet your TS collection on them winning anything beyond one game, and that's a huge gamble in and of itself. The Caps...what is this hockey thing they play? -- Al

I can see the Nats winning this series because they could ride their starting pitching to the WS. In fact, I don’t think a sweep is out of the question. I just don’t think the Cardinals are that good. However, I just can’t see them winning the WS, which has a way of testing and exposing bullpens. See the 2017 WS where most predicted that the LA bullpen would dominate the Astros and what happened was that Jansen and co failed in key spots, and the Nats bullpen is their weak link, although Doolittle has pitched better lately. The Astros and Yankees are just too strong in every aspect (although the Nats have the better starter pitching 1-3, in my opinion).

I beg to disagree about last night. In every series, someone has to win game one. Obviously it’s better to win than not but the big game is always the second one. So, if the series is tied going into Wash, the big game will be game 4 and so forth.

I can see the Nats winning this series because they could ride their starting pitching to the WS. In fact, I don’t think a sweep is out of the question. I just don’t think the Cardinals are that good. However, I just can’t see them winning the WS, which has a way of testing and exposing bullpens. See the 2017 WS where most predicted that the LA bullpen would dominate the Astros and what happened was that Jansen and co failed in key spots, and the Nats bullpen is their weak link, although Doolittle has pitched better lately. The Astros and Yankees are just too strong in every aspect (although the Nats have the better starter pitching 1-3, in my opinion).
If the Nats get to the series, (a big IF), I have the same fears. I think the Nats will compete in terms of SP, and maybe stay in a given game, as long as the SP is in, but I have NO confidence the Nats can win anything if the games go to the bullpens. Still, the games must be played, things happen, and all I can hope is that if the Nats do get there, they don't get bulldozed by the AL team. -- Al

One last point: just because the AL team will be the overwhelming favorite doesn’t mean the Nats can’t win. The lineup is very strong and if they get strong starting pitching, 6 innings plus, they would have a very good chance, but we are getting ahead of ourselves.

One last point: just because the AL team will be the overwhelming favorite doesn’t mean the Nats can’t win. The lineup is very strong and if they get strong starting pitching, 6 innings plus, they would have a very good chance, but we are getting ahead of ourselves.
Way ahead...:wink2: -- Al

Al...
I bet you're dancing around the room now...^&grin
those 2 insurance runs are HUGE!
only one out and still a man in scoring position...
this inning is gonna be a dagger to the heart of St. Louis...

Al...
I bet you're dancing around the room now...^&grin
those 2 insurance runs are HUGE!
only one out and still a man in scoring position...
this inning is gonna be a dagger to the heart of St. Louis...
Yes, big runs and we'll need them with Max out of the game. Don't know why the Cards left Wainright in to face Eaton with LHP Miller ready to go. The matchup was obvious, especially since they walked Rendon to get to Soto, the only other LH in the Nats lineup. Oh well, we'll take it.:wink2: -- Al

These announcers sure love the Cards. They acknowledge the Nats, but they really bubble over about the Cards. -- Al

Bad time to screw up what should have been out #3. :mad: Taylor is a pretty good CF, especially defensively. Tough luck for him. -- Al

I’m not sure I understood the Corbin move but it worked so what do I know?

I’m not sure I understood the Corbin move but it worked so what do I know?
Surprised me, as well. I'm sure it was because Doolittle threw so many pitches in the 8th and Martinez didn't want to press his arm/luck any further. All's well that ends well. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back