2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

39 pitches through 3 innings...
that's a good count and a good start for JV...
he's capable of 110ish...
I think 120 is his highest...

This is going to be a seven game, mano a mano, white knuckler series.

The last pitch to Sanchez in the top of the 11th was a make up pitch for the ump blowing it one pitch before.

yes...that was absolutely a make up call on that strike...that should have been called a ball...that really hurt them as they had 1st and 2nd base...I got lucky...but he should of been out on his third strike swing...

Great win, Mike, and a 1-1 series is a good thing. Got to talk to the NYY's about this 9 pitcher thing, it takes too long.:rolleyes2: Wouldn't you just know that I got up at the inning break to use the facilities, brushed my teeth, and got back just AFTER the GW Hr. I watched 5 hours of baseball and missed the big moment. Oh well, all's well that ends well.^&grin -- Al

Needless to say Correa was the hero last night; without that heads up play on the Gardner rocket and the throw home, the Yankees win the game in 9 innings 3-2, instead he hits the game winning home run in the 11th to make it 3-2 Astros.

As Brad said, I have a feeling this one is going to go 7 games...………...

if...

JV hadn't walked LeMahieu in the 4th...
which JV rarely does...
the Astros would of won 2-1 in the 9th...

still...
if ifs and buts were candies and nuts...^&grin
I'm grateful for a win...

Looks like Nats may sweep this series, which may not be great for them as they will be off for a few days waiting for their WS opponent.

Looks like Nats may sweep this series, which may not be great for them as they will be off for a few days waiting for their WS opponent.
Agreed, but we can't just play stall ball. Hate to see a long wait when the team is hot, but it's batter than having a 7 game dogfight and putting the rotation into disarray. Besides we ain't swept anything at this point. -- Al

Agreed, but we can't just play stall ball. Hate to see a long wait when the team is hot, but it's batter than having a 7 game dogfight and putting the rotation into disarray. Besides we ain't swept anything at this point. -- Al

You’re going to be up 3-0 and while you have to try to win every game, it wouldn’t hurt if the Cards won game 4. I remember in 2006 the Tigers had to wait around for the Cards and when the WS was played, the Tigers were stale.

I am beginning to believe. From my point of view, winning the NL pennant is the true accomplishment for the Nats. IF we sweep and have to wait, so be it. I want that pennant and will worry about the WS afterwards. After the disaster of the first 50 games this year, it is hard to imagine that the Nats are just one win from the pennant. It is quite an accomplishment for them. Now, get that last win ASAP. -- Al

Good to see Howie Kendrick doing so well.He has always done well in his career.I never knew why the Angels got rid of him.Way to go Howie!{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark

Al...
big congrats on Game 3...
that was huge...
I won't say it's a lock...
but I would bet on it happily!

wouldn't a sweep be nice!

The goal should be winning a World Series; the pennant is just a station stop on the way there. I’m sure that the Astros and Yankees would consider anything less than a championship a disappointment. It’s difficult enough to get there; even the Yankees haven’t played in a WS this decade; the objective has to be win it, not be satisfied with a pennant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back