2019 Baseball season (5 Viewers)

congrats Al...
you must be ecstatic!
2 wins from the WS...
2-0 and now 3 games at home...
Thanks, Mike. I still can't relax because we have had St.Louis on the verge in DC during the playoffs before and it didn't end well. If Strasburg comes through on Monday, I may start to believe then.^&grin -- Al

Thanks, Mike. I still can't relax because we have had St.Louis on the verge in DC during the playoffs before and it didn't end well. If Strasburg comes through on Monday, I may start to believe then.^&grin -- Al

I can appreciate that: the ghosts of baseball past.

Pitching duels everywhere you look. That's my kind of baseball although it is harder on the nerves when one swing can change a whole game. Good pitching and good defense, coupled with actual strategy, is so much more fun than a homerun fest with 15 runs that take 4+ hours to play. Of course, I am a dinosaur in this respect. Really enjoying the championship series so far. -- Al

over half way through...
I'm getting nervous...

the pick off on Bregman was terrible...
even if he slipped...
he shouldn't have been that far from first...
heck of a throw by Judge...

The Astros haven’t had any real offensive opportunities yet and with Torres hitting a HR just now, it’s trending in a bad way. Greinke looks to be the weak link here.

I agree...he is the weak link...but he was forced into starting because of the TB series...I need some bats to get hot asap!

he's only thrown 68 pitches through 6...
I'm guessing he will go the 7th...
doubtful of the 8th...
I really feared the Yankee's bullpen more than him...

I was really wrong about that...^&grin
he's got it going on tonight big time!

but at this point...
I would be happy if they sat him...

this game is looking REALLY BAD!

I think I will take my 1 hit...my 1 walk...

and concede...:mad:

hope Verlander is rested...

Tanaka allows 1 hit through 6 and throws only 68 pitches and is gone? Maybe it will backfire on NY. You don't fix what ain't broke. Come on Houston. -- Al

Tanaka allows 1 hit through 6 and throws only 68 pitches and is gone? Maybe it will backfire on NY. You don't fix what ain't broke. Come on Houston. -- Al

Usually three times through the lineup is as far as he’ll go.

Their offense is like watching destruction in slow motion.

Usually three times through the lineup is as far as he’ll go.

Their offense is like watching destruction in slow motion.

their bats were pretty non existent against TB too...
kind of an ominous sign for their post season play...

Greinke wasn't great but he wasn't bad and it doesn't matter how good you are if your team doesn't score. NY SP surprised me. Houston will get it back with Verlander on the mound. A split can be worked with. The NY offense is kind of relentless but so are Verlander and Cole. Houston just needs to get the bats going. It'll work out. -- Al

their bats were pretty non existent against TB too...
kind of an ominous sign for their post season play...

Their bats woke up for one inning in game 5, it's been floated that the Tampa starter was tipping his pitches, which explains why they raked vs him like they knew what was coming.

Tanaka can't break a pane of glass with his fastball, he a meatball artist and everyone says lay off his low ball junk, but no one can.

I watched the LSU/Florida game, I'm not going to torture myself watching the gashouse gorillas and their murders row line up tee off game after game, not going to put myself through it, it's bad for the soul.

Their bats woke up for one inning in game 5, it's been floated that the Tampa starter was tipping his pitches, which explains why they raked vs him like they knew what was coming.

I read that article too...

if their bats don't start producing tonight...
they are going home in 4...
tonight is a must win game...
if they go to NY 0-2...
it's definitely over...

I watched the LSU/Florida game, I'm not going to torture myself watching the gashouse gorillas and their murders row line up tee off game after game, not going to put myself through it, it's bad for the soul.

Misery is good for the soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back