2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

Good to see Howie Kendrick doing so well.He has always done well in his career.I never knew why the Angels got rid of him.Way to go Howie!{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark
Mark, Kendrick has been a key player for the Nats all season. As a part time player, he has proved to be very versatile in the field but has really shined with the bat, especially in clutch situations. He played in 121 games, getting 334 AB's, with 115 hits for a .334 BA. He also had 16 Hrs and 62 RBI's. Now Rendon might be the Nats (and the NL) MVP, but Kendrick has been so steady and so reliable that he is a major reason that the Nats are a contender. Hard to emphasize how important Howie has been to the Nats. -- Al

The goal should be winning a World Series; the pennant is just a station stop on the way there. I’m sure that the Astros and Yankees would consider anything less than a championship a disappointment. It’s difficult enough to get there; even the Yankees haven’t played in a WS this decade; the objective has to be win it, not be satisfied with a pennant.
If you get to the series, you want to win it. That, I would think is a given. I'm simply stating that from my POV, the Nats have exceeded expectations, and win or lose the series, they have had a successful season, with a WS win being the cherry on top. If the Nats get to the series, but lose, they have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure they would be disappointed, as will be the fans, but seeing as how there hasn't been a WS in DC since 1933 (86 years), winning the pennant and just getting to the WS is a major accomplishment. Anyway, GO NATS!^&grin -- Al

If you get to the series, you want to win it. That, I would think is a given. I'm simply stating that from my POV, the Nats have exceeded expectations, and win or lose the series, they have had a successful season, with a WS win being the cherry on top. If the Nats get to the series, but lose, they have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure they would be disappointed, as will be the fans, but seeing as how there hasn't been a WS in DC since 1933 (86 years), winning the pennant and just getting to the WS is a major accomplishment. Anyway, GO NATS!^&grin -- Al

I can relate to that to a certain extent but it was a disappointment not to win in 2000 or 2015. I just hope the players don’t share that philosophy. Although the Yankees have won more than anyone, their philosophy is that anything less than a championship is failure and that should be the attitude: World Series or bust.

Anyway, good luck.

I can relate to that to a certain extent but it was a disappointment not to win in 2000 or 2015. I just hope the players don’t share that philosophy. Although the Yankees have won more than anyone, their philosophy is that anything less than a championship is failure and that should be the attitude: World Series or bust.

Anyway, good luck.
Thanks, Brad. If the Nats do win the pennant, they will need all the good luck they can get against the AL team, either Houston or NY. They are both powerhouses. -- Al

Thanks, Brad. If the Nats do win the pennant, they will need all the good luck they can get against the AL team, either Houston or NY. They are both powerhouses. -- Al

It looks like the Nats might finish with the Cards in four or five games. Not sure if that is good or bad as they are red hot and they probably don't want to wait around. The Yanks-Astros might go seven. At least the Nats will have time to rest their starters. It's going to be a tough nut, though, to beat either of those teams in the WS.

If the Nats can get 6-7 plus innings out of their starters and Doolittle and Hudson can continue to be reliable, I think they have a very good shot. We know that their lineup is just as strong as the AL teams.

this could be huge for the Astros...

come on rain!!!

The weather forecast calls for widespread thunderstorms in the New York City area on Wednesday, with a 100% chance of rain at first pitch (8:07 pm ET). In case of a rainout, Game 4 at Yankee Stadium would be played Thursday and Game 5 Friday, which is the scheduled travel day back to Houston, if necessary.

If Game 4 gets pushed back because of weather, Hinch's decision to bullpen might be moot. He could instead use his Game 1 starter, Zack Greinke, on normal rest.

not sure...but...this may make Verlander good for Game 5 and Cole for Game 6...instead of Cole in Game 7...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27847062/yankees-astros-plan-make-game-4-bullpen-game

If the Nats can get 6-7 plus innings out of their starters and Doolittle and Hudson can continue to be reliable, I think they have a very good shot. We know that their lineup is just as strong as the AL teams.
I sure hope so. We know it's all about the pitching. -- Al

It’s supposed to start raining here around 10 am so the field could be drenched by game time.

Yeah they are 100% not playing on Wednesday, that rain is headed here Wednesday night into Thursday and the forecast is for torrential rain during that time.

No shot.

It’s supposed to start raining here around 10 am so the field could be drenched by game time.

Yeah they are 100% not playing on Wednesday, that rain is headed here Wednesday night into Thursday and the forecast is for torrential rain during that time.

No shot.

Brad...George...

I hope you guys are right...
I think that's a big break for the Astros...
Hinch playing JV on short rest last week got the rotation out of order...
1 day off could get it right...

Cole doesn't quite look himself today...he's doing great so far...and I'm not complaining...but he has had quite a few base runners for so early in the game...and not the strikeout ratio I had hoped for...just not as dominant as I hoped for...and again...I'm not complaining at all...just commenting...

Cole doesn't quite look himself today...he's doing great so far...and I'm not complaining...but he has had quite a few base runners for so early in the game...and not the strikeout ratio I had hoped for...just not as dominant as I hoped for...and again...I'm not complaining at all...just commenting...
As long as he is leading, all is good. -- Al

he is definitely off today...
4th inning...
just walked 2 on 8 ball pitches in a row...
that is with 2 out in the inning...
very uncharacteristic of Cole...
just got a pop out to end the 4th...

whew...^&grin

that makes 7 left on base in 4 innings...
hope he settles down and gives them at least 7 innings...

He's up to 70 pitches already through 4...…...not good.

They'll be lucky to get 6 out of him, he's got to settle down.

This game is super critical; they win this and with the monsoon coming tomorrow, they've got a great shot at going home up 3-2 with Cole ready to close it out.

I have zero faith in Greinke, so it's up to their two horses.

Please make this happen for the love of God...……………...

He's up to 70 pitches already through 4...…...not good.

They'll be lucky to get 6 out of him, he's got to settle down.

This game is super critical; they win this and with the monsoon coming tomorrow, they've got a great shot at going home up 3-2 with Cole ready to close it out.

I have zero faith in Greinke, so it's up to their two horses.

Please make this happen for the love of God...……………...

if he can straighten it out...
he can easily go 110...
he does that often...

he needs a couple of quick innings...
maybe 10-12 pitches per...

and that's true for me too...
Grienke is just a notch or two above Miley...

good 6th for Cole...
even at 102 pitches...
he's still hitting 98 mph...
I think they will let him pitch the 7th...
there's nobody in the bullpen as good as him...

Got 7 shutout innings from Cole. NYY's are in trouble. The mark of a true ace is winning when you don't have your best stuff and Cole has done just that. May not have had the control he usually does but he was still pretty unhittable. Now for the bullpen to do it's job. I sure say that a lot.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back