2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

NY leaving too many ducks on the pond. Up 6-1, looks like the Houston SP gamble will pay off big time. Greinke got out of the first inning jam and settled in. If Houston holds on and wins, NY is DOA. No way they beat JV AND Cole. -- Al

Earl Weaver would love this Astors team tonight, two three run bombs...………………….
LoL. Give Earl a couple of Hrs and Jim Palmer to argue with and he was happy as a pig in poop.:wink2: -- Al

Curious how some GMs and fans don’t get it. Winning in the postseason requires one or two aces. The Yankees don’t have any pitcher in that category. And this stupid bullpen game crap is for the birds, that and the shift, I have no doubt Maddon takes credit for both, the smarmy nitwit that he is.

LeMahieu's 2 errors are like gifts...

wow...they just picked up #3...

that's crazy...

Sabathia needs a tailor...he looks like he is wearing pajamas...as he hits Chirinos to load the bases...

Last edited:
That is the way CC wears his uniform. That may be the last time we may ever see him on the mound. Next stop is probably the Hall some day.

Didn’t realize Joe Smith was still around. He started his career with the Mets many years ago.

LeMahieu's 2 errors are like gifts...

wow...they just picked up #3...

that's crazy...

Sabathia needs a tailor...he looks like he is wearing pajamas...as he hits Chirinos to load the bases...

So Boone goes to Sherman Klump in order to save his bullpen for games 5, 6 and 7...…..he's smarter than he looks.

Poor CC, he pulled a roll there, probably a Kaiser roll, a fitting goodbye for someone that isn’t fit at all.

"And CC leaves the field at hallowed Yankee Stadium to a rousing ovation for probably the last time and now the real work begins for him; attacking the post game buffet:...…………………...

another marathon game...
but partially the Astros fault...
using 5 from the bullpen...

anybody know what the temperature is there?
several pitchers (both teams) blowing in their hands...
couple of Astros have been wearing ear stockings since early innings...
fans mostly wearing jackets and coats...

that's just mean!
but very funny!

Looks like the hoi polloi have abandoned the Barcalounger seats much like the French abandoned their tanks in 1940, leaving the Rikers island/pizza delivery crowd left at Williamsport East, every crowd shot at that stadium is cringeworthy.

Looks like the hoi polloi have abandoned the Barcalounger seats much like the French abandoned their tanks in 1940, leaving the Rikers island/pizza delivery crowd left at Williamsport East, every crowd shot at that stadium is cringeworthy.

I hope that skinny kid sitting in the front row wearing the bright orange Astro's jersey makes it out of there alive...looks like the only Houston fan there tonight...he's got no back up...

This was a game the Yankees had to have and they look feeble and just terrible in the field. These aren’t the Yankees I know. There is a high probability the season will end tomorrow. They didn’t address the SP in the offseason and it showed. From Twitter I see Yankee fans are angry and who can blame them.

I thought Judge was just a big bat...
but he plays great defense...
has a monster arm too...
tonight he was diving catching balls...
running all the way into the infield to get pop ups...
making great throws to 2nd and home...
I have only watched them when they played the Astros...
and I think he was injured and out for some of those...
he's really good!

This was a game the Yankees had to have and they look feeble and just terrible in the field. These aren’t the Yankees I know. There is a high probability the season will end tomorrow. They didn’t address the SP in the offseason and it showed. From Twitter I see Yankee fans are angry and who can blame them.

I hope you're right...if possible...I would much rather have Cole start than Grienke if they go to the WS...

It's the fourth time in franchise history that the Yankees have made 4 errors in a single postseason game, and first since Game 2 of the 1976 ALCS

From Twitter I see Yankee fans are angry and who can blame them.

Oh boy...…………..pizza deliveries everywhere in New York are going to be a disaster tomorrow, or should I say disasta……………….

I hope that skinny kid sitting in the front row wearing the bright orange Astro's jersey makes it out of there alive...looks like the only Houston fan there tonight...he's got no back up...

Dollars to donuts they find him floating face down in the Hudson today.

I wonder if Gardner sleeps in a twin sized bed with a king sized pillow?

Good win for Houston, Mike. See no reason they can't end it tonight. And everyone is right, NYY's starting pitching is lacking and has been exposed by post-season play. NY now has the all but impossible task of beating JV and Cole just to get to a 7th game. Don't see it happening. -- Al

Good win for Houston, Mike. See no reason they can't end it tonight. And everyone is right, NYY's starting pitching is lacking and has been exposed by post-season play. NY now has the all but impossible task of beating JV and Cole just to get to a 7th game. Don't see it happening. -- Al

In all fairness, they were significantly hurt by Domingo German being suspended for domestic abuse; he was 18-4 this year. That was a major blow as was not having Betances the whole year. They will need to acquire a number 1 or 2 SP in the offseason, perhaps Cole. However, I'm not sure the Yankees are interested in paying that kind of money. Hal Steinbrenner is not his father and doesn't spend money stupidly. Moreover, he has shareholders to whom he must answer; the YES Network, which is highly profitable is owned by the Yankees, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Blackstone and some other smaller shareholders.

The Astros are in great shape, but I can't see the Yanks losing four in a row including three at home. I think they get the next one and the Astros finish them at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back