2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

I don't understand the Astors decision to leave Miley off the ALCS roster; he was 14-6 this year, I'll defer to Mike on this as he's watched the team all year long, but you mean to tell me their best option for game 6 is bullpen game vs a guy who won you 14 games this year...………..I'm confused...…...^&confuse

good point...

I guess it surprised me a little too...I didn't know they has a set roster for each playoff game...or that he wasn't even on it til you explained it to me...

but the truth is...he started the year really good...more than once on here I mentioned that he didn't get enough credit cause he was over shadowed by JV and Cole...then when Grienke came...he was basically unmentioned when accolades were being passed around...whetther he was pitching good or not...

about that time...his last half dozen starts were not very good...he was getting bombed in early innings...consistently bombed early...bombed big...and his ERA was blowing up...I think Hinch or Strom just didn't trust him anymore...

when he was peaking this year...he was listed with the top ten AL pitchers in allowed ERA...he finished the season with a 3.98 ERA...not that bad...but again...over shadowed by Cole..JV and even Grienke...

he got smacked around in his lone start against TB...

the bullpen is not that bad really...I love Harris, Osuna and Rondon...I'm comfortable with them...

"Because the Yankees have so many dangerous right-handed bats, the Astros replaced Miley with a right-handed pitcher. Abreu, a hard-throwing rookie, has swing-and-miss stuff that could play well against the Yanks, a team he’s never faced."

link to above comment...

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-2019-alcs-roster

I would hope they would consider putting him back on the roster if they go to the WS...
and I bet they wish they had him now to start Game 6...

I don't understand the Astors decision to leave Miley off the ALCS roster; he was 14-6 this year, I'll defer to Mike on this as he's watched the team all year long, but you mean to tell me their best option for game 6 is bullpen game vs a guy who won you 14 games this year...………..I'm confused...…...^&confuse
George, if I might step in here, Miley's numbers were trending down, badly, in August and September. Over his last 9 starts, he pitched only 30 innings, giving up 54 hits and 28 earned runs. He appears to have just run out of gas. I wouldn't have trusted him in the playoffs either. -- Al

ty Al...
you do know your baseball stats!
what you just posted sums it up pretty good...
but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the roster if they advance...

ty Al...
you do know your baseball stats!
what you just posted sums it up pretty good...
but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the roster if they advance...
Mike, thanks for the compliment, but I don't keep all this stuff in my head. There is a site, Baseball-reference.com, that is responsible for much of my knowledge.:wink2: Go to the site, enter any player's name, past or present, and everything you want to know will be available, down to the money he makes and even individual game logs. It is a wonderful site for the baseball addict. ^&grin -- Al

Thanks Mike and Al, I was unaware that he was trending the wrong way in August and September and got shelled in his last start; you don't want to throw a guy out there who hasn't pitched in about two weeks, nevermind one who got shelled in that start.

Bullpen games are risky, if you burn your pen in game 6, there will be no one left for game 7, you'd better hope your starter goes 7 or 8 plus...………….

We'll find out soon enough...………...

Mike, thanks for the compliment, but I don't keep all this stuff in my head. There is a site, Baseball-reference.com, that is responsible for much of my knowledge.:wink2: Go to the site, enter any player's name, past or present, and everything you want to know will be available, down to the money he makes and even individual game logs. It is a wonderful site for the baseball addict. ^&grin -- Al

If you go to google and enter the name of any player one of the first hits you’ll get is the above site.

Thanks Mike and Al, I was unaware that he was trending the wrong way in August and September and got shelled in his last start; you don't want to throw a guy out there who hasn't pitched in about two weeks, nevermind one who got shelled in that start.

Bullpen games are risky, if you burn your pen in game 6, there will be no one left for game 7, you'd better hope your starter goes 7 or 8 plus...………….

We'll find out soon enough...………...

In openers you’re using more pitchers for lesser innings so I think both pens may be ok.

aaaaaaaahhhh!

and all this time I thought your head was just full of trivia...
the Cliff Clavin of Treefrog...^&grin

The one thing you don't want to do after you score is to let the other team score. The Yankees have to be happy that Didi and Sanchez, who haven't been hitting, got hits but a new pitcher will be coming in soon. Tonight could be a war of attrition.

I swear...when I watch the NY batters get up to bat...

everyone of them looks bigger than the last one at bat...

they are giants...

The one thing you don't want to do after you score is to let the other team score. The Yankees have to be happy that Didi and Sanchez, who haven't been hitting, got hits but a new pitcher will be coming in soon. Tonight could be a war of attrition.

I think it might turn into a sloppy (pitchers) high scoring game...

That is one of my pet peeves in baseball, letting the other team score after your team has scored. The shutdown inning is huge for any number of reasons. Another huge pet peeve is giving up a base hit when the pitcher has a 1-2 or 0-2 count on the batter. It just drives me nuts. -- Al

Looks like they’re both burning through the pens. They better hope this doesn’t go into extra innings. Nats must be loving this.

That is one of my pet peeves in baseball, letting the other team score after your team has scored. The shutdown inning is huge for any number of reasons. Another huge pet peeve is giving up a base hit when the pitcher has a 1-2 or 0-2 count on the batter. It just drives me nuts. -- Al

I’m with you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back