2019 Baseball season (1 Viewer)

I'll take Max over Greinke any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

This game is going to be fascinating; no tomorrow's, whoever manages the best will win.

Tickets are going for 500.00 on StubHub for a game 7; wow.

Oh wait; maybe there's a rodeo in town.

Priorities I guess...…….:rolleyes2:
Those prices will probably go up as game time approaches. DC was so starved for a WS that the SRO tickets were going for $1200 on game day, and I'm sure the Astro fans will line up, too. Be interesting to see if the TV ratings improve for Game 7. This series has been the lowest rated ever. The NY Times says that this has been a drab series. Gee, jealous much?:wink2:
Nats fans can only hope that Scherzer is able to pitch effectively after being unable to go in Game 5. Be great to get 6 effective innings out of him. -- Al

You do have to admit that the series has lacked for drama. For the most part, there has been very little drama; the team that grabbed the lead has kept it. That doesn’t make for compelling watching. You hope tonight is different but it may not be.

You do have to admit that the series has lacked for drama. For the most part, there has been very little drama; the team that grabbed the lead has kept it. That doesn’t make for compelling watching. You hope tonight is different but it may not be.
All I can say is that this series has had more than enough drama for me. And tonight will be the most dramatic of them all, win, loss, close or rout, my nerves are already shot and tonight is going to be a classic love/hate relationship with the game. That is what happens when the team you follow is involved and neutrality is a pipe dream.^&grin -- Al

Al...
I'm with you...
when you devote your time to 162 games...
then post season...
every single pitch has plenty of drama for me...
every hit...
every error...
every thing...
win or lose tonight...
I will probably have to check into rehab to get past this season...^&grin

and good luck to you tonight...
both the Nats and the Astros are worthy of the title...

All I can say is that this series has had more than enough drama for me. And tonight will be the most dramatic of them all, win, loss, close or rout, my nerves are already shot and tonight is going to be a classic love/hate relationship with the game. That is what happens when the team you follow is involved and neutrality is a pipe dream.^&grin -- Al

Well, of course, you’re a Nats fan. When you’re a fan of one of the teams it’s a different story.

The games themselves have been a real yawner except to fans of the individual teams. Someone scores a couple runs early and then adds a few in the 5th-7th. A four run or more margin. Not much drama. I also can't understand why MLB starts these games after 8PM. I know there is a time difference with the west coast but start the games an hour earlier and there might be some chance of folks watching beyond the 5th inning. That is reflected in the awful TV ratings. A game seven might boost the ratings but too little, too late. Good luck to all. I really don't have a horse in this one but typically pull for the underdog. So go Nats. I'll wake up tomorrow to find out who won.

I'm just disappointed that I have not been able to listen to the games. The era of baseball broadcast over the radio is gradually coming to an end. Soon it will be gone, and you'll have to stream the content, meaning you'll have to pay for it.

Prost!
Brad

I shouldn’t probably wish this as a Mets fan but I hope the Nats win tonight. Al (although he’s seen the Os win) and his fellow fans should taste victory at least one; it’s been some 90 odd years since Washington had a winner (politicians excluded). Mike tasted it in 2017 so let’s give a fella a break ^&grin

I think they have as good a chance as winning as the Astros do so let’s hope for a good one.

Also, I’m hoping that if the Nats win, this will slake their desire to win another :salute::

I shouldn’t probably wish this as a Mets fan but I hope the Nats win tonight. Al (although he’s seen the Os win) and his fellow fans should taste victory at least one; it’s been some 90 odd years since Washington had a winner (politicians excluded). Mike tasted it in 2017 so let’s give a fella a break ^&grin

I think they have as good a chance as winning as the Astros do so let’s hope for a good one.

Also, I’m hoping that if the Nats win, this will slake their desire to win another :salute::
We'll take all the support, from whatever quarter, that we can get. Look at it as rooting for the NL East. Thanks Brad, I hope we can pull it off for you and all the other NL East fans.:wink2: -- Al

Mike, good luck to us both tonight. My one wish is that the winner earn it and not have an idiot umpire call or sloppy error decide what has been a really even series. Let's play ball and may the best team get the trophy. :salute:: -- Al

Al...
same to you...
good luck on the game...
lets hope there are no controversial calls that influence the score...
whatever happens...
it's been a remarkable and fun season for me to follow...
I think both teams deserve to be there and to win it...
good luck...

1-0 Astros after 4. A very tight game and well pitched by Greinke. -- Al

Houston would be nuts to lift Greinke. You don't fix what ain't broke and he's been brilliant, only 59 pitches through 5 and 0 runs. It doesn't get better. -- Al

If they don’t start getting some hits, they’re going to lose this game and they are running out of time.

If they don’t start getting some hits, they’re going to lose this game and they are running out of time.
Yep, if the Nats don't get going, and soon, it's going to be a 2nd place finish for the 2019 season. Greinke is just got the Nats completely handcuffed. -- Al

The Astros left a ton of runners on base, blew a lot of chances to score.

That usually comes back to bite you in the ***.

And..................now it's 3-2.

Yep, if the Nats don't get going, and soon, it's going to be a 2nd place finish for the 2019 season. Greinke is just got the Nats completely handcuffed. -- Al
Scratch that. The Nats are like the vampire that doesn't get that stake through the heart...they just keep coming back. Wow. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back