2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Al...

I think Rendon...
I cringed every time he came up to bat...

congrats again!!!

what a fantastic run they had...
they seemed destined to win...
they won a Wild Card entry against Milwaukee...
handled LA...a huge favorite...
blitzed Arizona on an 8 game win streak...
won every road game against the Astros...
you had a heck of a wild ride...

with the payroll...
will they be able to keep this team together?
That's the million dollar (no pun intended) question. Rendon is a FA and Strasburg has an opt-out. I fear the Lerners are going to be signing some HUGE contracts this off-season. Rendon is a superb player that will no longer be 'under the radar'. He has had an unbelievable year and he is going to cash in BIG TIME.:wink2: -- Al

Big time congrats to Al who is one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable baseball fans I know. The Nats up and down season finally rewarded him with a championship!

Of course, condolences to Mike as well. Houston had a remarkable season that simply fell one victory short of the ultimate price. Something tells me they will be back!

Big time congrats to Al who is one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable baseball fans I know. The Nats up and down season finally rewarded him with a championship!

Of course, condolences to Mike as well. Houston had a remarkable season that simply fell one victory short of the ultimate price. Something tells me they will be back!
Thank you, Jason. I appreciate the congrats. Been a long time since a team of mine won the prize, in any sport. ^&grin -- Al

Congrats to you, Al and the Washington Nationals. Their "FIRST" World Series title.
A long time coming but >> YOU << saw it.

You can now sleep for a week!

--- LaRRy

Congrats to you, Al and the Washington Nationals. Their "FIRST" World Series title.

--- LaRRy
Thank you, LaRRy. I also hope it is the FIRST of more to come. It is a thrill. -- Al

--- LaRRy

Either that or go face down into his oatmeal this morning...…………..

That was quite an improbable ride, they started 19-31, won the Wild Card game thanks to a huge error, beat the Dodgers thanks to Kershaw crapping himself, swept aside the Cardinals like the French did to the Prussians at Jena, then they beat the Astros four times in Houston.

Never in the history of baseball has a team lost all four games at home, that's quite an epic failure.

Hinch IMO did a terrible job last night, should have either stuck with Greinke or brought Cole in, monumental hatchet job of managing on display there.

They bludgeoned the Nationals in Washington, outscoring them 19-3, then they scored four runs in two games at home.

Imagine that tire fire of a Nationals bullpen; not once in the post season did they blow a lead after the 7th inning.

And now that nitwit Fernando Rodney has a ring.

As I said, when it's your time, it's your time...……………..

Now that the season is over the off season begins today and free agency in 10 days. Boras will be the big winner as he represents Rendon, Cole and Strasburg, if he opts out. The way he works, nobody will be signed until the last minute.

Kudos to Al as well. He is a true fan. I have to admit being shocked to wake up this morning and learn the Nats had won it. The home team was 0-7 in this series. Unbelievable. Condolences to Mike as well. I'm all too familiar with the agony of defeat in the WS being a Dodgers fan. It stings to get that far with the monstrous MLB schedule and come up short. At least you are not that mattress guy!

Either that or go face down into his oatmeal this morning...…………..

That was quite an improbable ride, they started 19-31, won the Wild Card game thanks to a huge error, beat the Dodgers thanks to Kershaw crapping himself, swept aside the Cardinals like the French did to the Prussians at Jena, then they beat the Astros four times in Houston.

Never in the history of baseball has a team lost all four games at home, that's quite an epic failure.

Hinch IMO did a terrible job last night, should have either stuck with Greinke or brought Cole in, monumental hatchet job of managing on display there.

They bludgeoned the Nationals in Washington, outscoring them 19-3, then they scored four runs in two games at home.

Imagine that tire fire of a Nationals bullpen; not once in the post season did they blow a lead after the 7th inning.

And now that nitwit Fernando Rodney has a ring.

As I said, when it's your time, it's your time...……………..

They probably set the record for a WS Champion having the worst bullpen.

Reminds me of the old klinker: Washington: first in war; first in peace; and last in the American League. Today some folks might change that to last in war; last in peace; and first in the major leagues! Congrats to the Nats . . . hard earned, to say the least.

Bosun Al

Looks like Cole was really upset by the loss. He’s wearing a Boras hat. Next stop, big $$$$

Attachments

• AB5A24D1-C3AB-462D-9748-6141E1AA7631.jpeg
    AB5A24D1-C3AB-462D-9748-6141E1AA7631.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 64
Looks like Cole was really upset by the loss. He’s wearing a Boras hat. Next stop, big $$$$

I too was a Sena..er..National fan until they got home. Maggot fans batshit my President.Go Astros. (Tough to take a knee packed in sardine like.) Oh well.

(Didn't some yahoo bet millions of $$$ on the Astros to go 'all the way'?)

And I now enjoy reruns of Kukla,Fran & Ollie as an alternative to the anti-U.S. nfl .

Not very classy after such a tough loss. Wearing his agent's hat instead of the team and angling for a new team. How about forgetting about the money for a day? With my luck the Dodgers pay him $100 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back