2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

Kudos to Al as well. He is a true fan. I have to admit being shocked to wake up this morning and learn the Nats had won it. The home team was 0-7 in this series. Unbelievable. Condolences to Mike as well. I'm all too familiar with the agony of defeat in the WS being a Dodgers fan. It stings to get that far with the monstrous MLB schedule and come up short. At least you are not that mattress guy!
Thank you. Being a Nats fan pays off, for once. Baseball is made to break a fans heart and it is really, really good at it. -- Al

Either that or go face down into his oatmeal this morning...…………..

That was quite an improbable ride, they started 19-31, won the Wild Card game thanks to a huge error, beat the Dodgers thanks to Kershaw crapping himself, swept aside the Cardinals like the French did to the Prussians at Jena, then they beat the Astros four times in Houston.

Never in the history of baseball has a team lost all four games at home, that's quite an epic failure.

Hinch IMO did a terrible job last night, should have either stuck with Greinke or brought Cole in, monumental hatchet job of managing on display there.

They bludgeoned the Nationals in Washington, outscoring them 19-3, then they scored four runs in two games at home.

Imagine that tire fire of a Nationals bullpen; not once in the post season did they blow a lead after the 7th inning.

And now that nitwit Fernando Rodney has a ring.

As I said, when it's your time, it's your time...……………..
Ah, the one real fly in the soup, Rodney. As well as being part of the arsonists in the bullpen, he can't wear his hat straight, a affliction that absolutely drives me insane. Never have cared for him but he did get an important out or two in the series, so I guess I can live with him as part of the team. Oh, and down here in Maryland (at least my part of Maryland), I go face down in grits (butter and pepper only) and not that glop called oatmeal.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

Read a few articles on free agents, specifically the top 50 and where they'll likely end up.

Cole is as good as gone, either the Angels or the Padres, Rendon looks like he's Rangers bound, Strasburg looks like he'll be with the Pirates.

Enjoy that championship Al, this is what happens when your team wins a title, it gets gutted and teams throw stupid money at players who shine in the post season.

Yup, enjoy it....................

Read a few articles on free agents, specifically the top 50 and where they'll likely end up.

Cole is as good as gone, either the Angels or the Padres, Rendon looks like he's Rangers bound, Strasburg looks like he'll be with the Pirates.

Enjoy that championship Al, this is what happens when your team wins a title, it gets gutted and teams throw stupid money at players who shine in the post season.

Yup, enjoy it....................
Understood. Rendon may well be gone as he will get huge money. I'd be willing to bet that Strasburg stays in DC, although it will take a contract renegotiation. There is a chance Rendon can be retained by upping the number of years that has been offered, 7, in the initial offer. We shall see. And I will enjoy the title as it was a long time coming. Sad fact of FA that players leave with such regularity but that's the way the game has developed since that whole Curt Flood thing.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Looks like it’s time to start a hot stove thread as the moves will be coming fast and furious soon.

Understood. Rendon may well be gone as he will get huge money. I'd be willing to bet that Strasburg stays in DC, although it will take a contract renegotiation. There is a chance Rendon can be retained by upping the number of years that has been offered, 7, in the initial offer. We shall see. And I will enjoy the title as it was a long time coming. Sad fact of FA that players leave with such regularity but that's the way the game has developed since that whole Curt Flood thing.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Rendon seems the most difficult to predict. He could head back or elsewhere. Boras will look to maximize.

Cole could be headed to LA. Which team is open to doubt.

Strasburg is probably staying put with a year or two extension, which would probably make him a life long Nat. He likes the area and his previous contract negotiations were not extensive or acrimonious.

The usual suspects are predicted as 2020 Champs: Astros, Dodgers and Yanks.

Rendon seems the most difficult to predict. He could head back or elsewhere. Boras will look to maximize.

Cole could be headed to LA. Which team is open to doubt.

Strasburg is probably staying put with a year or two extension, which would probably make him a life long Nat. He likes the area and his previous contract negotiations were not extensive or acrimonious.

The usual suspects are predicted as 2020 Champs: Astros, Dodgers and Yanks.
Yeah, Nats are 14-1, which is right about where they like it.:wink2: -- Al

For context, Hinch and Brodie were college roommates and Brodie negotiated Hinch’s last contract. I’m sure the Mets would like Hinch but it would take an arm and a leg.

Interesting stat about the Dodgers, in the last four years they have either lost in the World Series or been ousted from the playoffs by the eventual World Series winner.

I just read that in the last 5 years the following ex-Tigers have all won a ring:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]David Price, Rick Porcello, Ian Kinsler, JD Martinez, Justin Verlander, Cameron Maybin, Omar Infante, Joba Chamberlain, and now Max Scherzer, Anibal Sanchez, and Fernando Rodney. [/FONT]

The just completed WS ended up as the third least watched series in terms of TV ratings. The two that rank below it were a 4 and 5 game series so this was the lowest ranked 6 or 7 game series. Oh well, you can't have everything, so I'll just have to live with the fact that a lot of people missed out on a fantastic achievement by the World Champion Nationals.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

ESPN reporting that Carlos Beltran will be the new Mets manager. Brad, what's up with this? I'm a little shocked. -- Al

ESPN reporting that Carlos Beltran will be the new Mets manager. Brad, what's up with this? I'm a little shocked. -- Al

Al, that’s what I’m hearing too but the Mets said they have no comment. It’s rumored that Terry Collins would be his bench coach, which I think is great. A lot of Mets fans are mad. I heard some people cancelled their season tickets.

A lot of fans were not happy that Girardi wasn’t picked but Brodie wanted his guy, a younger guy who he could somewhat control, as is the trend.

Are you shocked because they didn’t pick Tim Bogar?

Al, that’s what I’m hearing too but the Mets said they have no comment. It’s rumored that Terry Collins would be his bench coach, which I think is great. A lot of Mets fans are mad. I heard some people cancelled their season tickets.

A lot of fans were not happy that Girardi wasn’t picked but Brodie wanted his guy, a younger guy who he could somewhat control, as is the trend.

Are you shocked because they didn’t pick Tim Bogar?
Shocked because I thought that they would go for experience with a record as opposed to another first time manager with no record. At least Beltran knows the Mets. -- Al

Shocked because I thought that they would go for experience with a record as opposed to another first time manager with no record. At least Beltran knows the Mets. -- Al

Brodie didn’t want someone with experience. Girardi wanted the job but I don’t think there was chemistry there. The fan base wanted Girardi; he would have been perfect but the Mets were never going to hire him, sadly.

In this game of managerial musical chairs it seems like the Giants are the ones without a set right now.

Al...

Strasburg opted out from the Nats to enter free agency...
he left a contract for $100 million for 4 years...
seems like a ton of money...
what kind of contract offer can he expect?

will he get enough to get those ears clipped?.....^&grin

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 54
Al...

Strasburg opted out from the Nats to enter free agency...
he left a contract for $100 million for 4 years...
seems like a ton of money...
what kind of contract offer can he expect?

will he get enough to get those ears clipped?.....^&grin
Mike, I'm really hoping that Stras is just after a raise for services rendered and that he wants that raise from the Nats, say maybe another $50 mil ({eek3}) and that he wants to stay in DC. I know, there is that word again, hope. The opt-out was expected. One thing for sure, the WS title is going to cost the Lerner's some BIG bucks just to try and keep Rendon and Stras. The Nats have already declined the $4 million option on 1B Adams. So it begins. As for the ears, no one, as far as I know, has ever witnessed 'Dumbo' Stras flying around DC.:wink2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back