2019 Baseball season (4 Viewers)

I see that the ever underperforming Jeff Samardzija of the Giants went 5.2 innings today, yielded 5 ERs and actually lowered his season ERA to 9.31. This guy drives me crazy, decent talent that never lives up to the potential with a current lifetime record of 80-105, with a 4.11 ERA and yet the Giants have been paying him $20 mil a year for the last 4 years. Beats me how that kind of mediocrity is worth anywhere near that kind of money. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Al:

Their other “ace” Johnny Cueto is 0-0 with a 5.87 ERA. He still has 2 years left on a 6 year $130mil contract.

-Jason

Glad to see former O's pitcher Dylan Bundy is off to a good start with the Angels. He deserved to be on a decent team after his last 2 years with the rebuilding O's. Hope he keeps it up. -- Al

Glad to see former O's pitcher Dylan Bundy is off to a good start with the Angels. He deserved to be on a decent team after his last 2 years with the rebuilding O's. Hope he keeps it up. -- Al

Al:

I wish I could say the same for Bumgarner.

So far in his first season in Arizona he has a 7.04 ERA after allowing 8 runs in 4 1/3 inning on Tuesday, he leads MLB in earned runs allowed (12) and hit by pitches (4).

-Jason

Al:

So far in his first season in Arizona he has a 7.04 ERA after allowing 8 runs in 4 1/3 inning on Tuesday, he leads MLB in earned runs allowed (12) and hit by pitches (4).

-Jason
Jason, I watched part of that Tuesday game. Bums didn't look good but he's not alone. This stop/go schedule is making it tough to get in a routine for many players (and fans), plus it is very early in real terms. The problem arises because of the short season, making a slump or slow start a particularly tough problem to overcome. Nats fans hope to see Strasburg make his initial 2020 start this Sunday. Sure hope he isn't rusty. -- Al

These guys didn't have a spring training so basically these games are it.
Mark

Al:

-Jason
I see where Bums went on the IL today with a back strain. Could be the reason for his trouble on the mound (Duh!). I read somewhere that 56 pitchers have hit the IL since the season started. The lack of spring training is really hurting people. -- Al

I see where Bums went on the IL today with a back strain. Could be the reason for his trouble on the mound (Duh!). I read somewhere that 56 pitchers have hit the IL since the season started. The lack of spring training is really hurting people. -- Al

Al:

His velocity is way down and that could clearly be attributed to a back issue.

i hope he returns soon and I hope he pitches against the Giants at least once this “season”.

-Jason

Bundy had another great game for the Angels. Heck, with ex-O's Bundy and ex-Nat Rendon on the Angels, I may have to become an Angels fan.^&grin -- Al

My son and I watched the game and he was very impressive mixing his pitches and keeping the As batters off balance. I don’t know if he had anything to do with it but Mickey is a very good pitching coach.

Rendon got off to a slow start but seems to be getting it in gear. The Angels SP and bullpen is questionable but hopefully they can use this season to build. Imagine how better they’d be if they had Cole.

Last edited:
My son and I watched the game and he was very impressive mixing his pitches and keeping the As batters off balance. I don’t know if he had anything to do with it but Mickey is a very good pitching coach.

Rendon got off to a slow start but seems to be getting it in gear. The Angels SP and bullpen is questionable but hopefully they can use this season to build. Imagine how better they’d be if they had Cole.

Not to mention Mike Trout might be the best player I have ever seen. I can’t believe teams and pitchers pitch to him when the bases are empty. I’d walk him every time.

The season is 1/3 over and the Giants are 8-14.

This season is a farce and should be stricken from the record books.

(Please note that the above comment is subject to change depending on how well the Giants do in the final 2/3 of the season).

The season is 1/3 over and the Giants are 8-14.

This season is a farce and should be stricken from the record books.

(Please note that the above comment is subject to change depending on how well the Giants do in the final 2/3 of the season).
The way the Nats are playing, this statement fits my feelings, as well. Including the addendum.^&grin -- Al

The way the Nats are playing, this statement fits my feelings, as well. Including the addendum.^&grin -- Al

Al:

As much as I joke around about it, at the very least I have enjoyed the return of baseball.

Just like the good ole’ days I set up toy soldiers with a game on in the background. Every time the count goes to 3-2 etc. I stop what I am doing and glue my eyes to the TV.

-Jason

Al:

As much as I joke around about it, at the very least I have enjoyed the return of baseball.

Just like the good ole’ days I set up toy soldiers with a game on in the background. Every time the count goes to 3-2 etc. I stop what I am doing and glue my eyes to the TV.

-Jason
Watched the Nats toss away an almost sure win against the Braves last night, giving up 4 in the bottom of the 9th to lose 7-6. Nats had numerous chances to put the Braves away, going something like 0-7 with runners in scoring position. If I was taking this season seriously :)rolleyes2:), I would have been inclined to kill something. As it was, I just sighed and cried myself to sleep. -- Al

Watched the Nats toss away an almost sure win against the Braves last night, giving up 4 in the bottom of the 9th to lose 7-6. Nats had numerous chances to put the Braves away, going something like 0-7 with runners in scoring position. If I was taking this season seriously :)rolleyes2:), I would have been inclined to kill something. As it was, I just sighed and cried myself to sleep. -- Al

0-7 with runners in scoring position is brutal. The Giants on the other hand have no problem scoring and taking leads, hanging onto those leads has proven altogether impossible for them.

I am still not sure if Anderson threw at Trout on purpose the other night in the Giants win over LA.

If he did, even I can’t condone throwing at someone’s head with fastballs. Doing it twice is even more egregious.

if it is your team getting thrown at then baseball needs to step in, if it is your team doing the throwing then this is all just part of baseball’s unwritten rules....^&grin

if it is your team getting thrown at then baseball needs to step in, if it is your team doing the throwing then this is all just part of baseball’s unwritten rules....^&grin

Mike:

I call it like I see them, even if it is a player on my favorite team.

it is beyond reckless to throw at someone’s head.

-Jason

Got my first taste of the new extra innings rule where each team starts off with a runner on 2nd.

I actually like it if for no other reason than there won't be 14, 15 inning marathons; as both teams proved last night, its' pretty easy to score with a runner on 2nd and no outs.

Naturally the LETS GO O'S!! prevailed, thanks partially to that ballbag Santander, who hit a two run bomb to tie the game.

It's astounding to me how the LETS GO O'S!! year after year after year have a player on their team that I grow to hate with the fire of 10,000 suns; this year, it's Santander.

He and his crappy bank can both kiss my ***.

I'm actually ok now with no fans in the stands; as Brad said, who cares, the game is played on the field...……………….plus for the LET'S GO O'S!!, they're used to playing games with no fans in the stands...………………………...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back