2019 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

I see where a one-of-a-kind Mike Trout Rookie baseball card has sold at auction for a record amount, $3,936,000.00, passing the previous record of $3,120,000.00 for the famous 1909 T-206 Honus Wagner card. Lordy, that sure is a lot of money tied up in a couple of pieces of cardboard. Best keep them away from sunlight and water, (and the kids, of course).:rolleyes2: -- Al

The Giants designated Hunter Pence for assignment, all but ending his career.

He was an integral part of the Giants’ World Series runs in 2012 and 2014. I hate to see him go out this way, but like so many professional athletes he might have stayed on one too many years.

The Giants designated Hunter Pence for assignment, all but ending his career.

He was an integral part of the Giants’ World Series runs in 2012 and 2014. I hate to see him go out this way, but like so many professional athletes he might have stayed on one too many years.
Saw this and felt bad but feel the same, it's hard to admit it is time to go. A fine line between walking away on your own terms, or staying too long at the party. -- Al

Hard to believe that the season has reached the half-way point for many teams. Seems like the game has hardly gotten going and now it's downhill to the playoffs. -- Al

Saw this and felt bad but feel the same, it's hard to admit it is time to go. A fine line between walking away on your own terms, or staying too long at the party. -- Al

Al:

He is 37 (going on 38) while batting .096 with 2 home runs and 6 RBI’s. Hardly the player he once was. I always loved his hustle, running out ground balls etc., and getting on teammates who didn’t do the same.

Hopefully the Giants bring him back for some sort of pre game recognition once the fans return in 2021. I’d buy a ticket to that game.

-Jason

I see the Nats have gotten caught up in this phoney-baloney postponement of games for the 'cause' crap. All I can say is the way the Nats have been playing, postponement of their games can only be a good thing for their record. I can't take anymore of this political crap in sports.:mad::mad: -- Al

I see the Nats have gotten caught up in this phoney-baloney postponement of games for the 'cause' crap. All I can say is the way the Nats have been playing, postponement of their games can only be a good thing for their record. I can't take anymore of this political crap in sports.:mad::mad: -- Al

Al,
just do what i have been doing. My inventory and purchasing of K Cups and Pop Chips is far more rewarding way to spend my time then on this sports NONSENSE! As I said on another thread, there is a reward in every Sip and every Bite!

Tom

I love baseball and was really looking forward to the season until the virus hit.With the reduced season and all this political crap I have lost all interest.We are of course allowed to have political views but we aren't allowed to bring them to work.
Mark

I love baseball and was really looking forward to the season until the virus hit.With the reduced season and all this political crap I have lost all interest.We are of course allowed to have political views but we aren't allowed to bring them to work.
Mark
Truth. Leave it at home or for your off time. If I hadn't already seen every series and episode of Law & Order several times over, I wouldn't be watching any of the baseball games in this joke of a season and if this political statement crap continues I might have to start watching McCoy and Lennie Briscoe once again. At least they ain't the new Hawaii 5-0.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Truth. Leave it at home or for your off time. If I hadn't already seen every series and episode of Law & Order several times over, I wouldn't be watching any of the baseball games in this joke of a season and if this political statement crap continues I might have to start watching McCoy and Lennie Briscoe once again. At least they ain't the new Hawaii 5-0.:rolleyes2: -- Al

it's the world we live in today; everyone is trying to out woke the next guy............I stopped participating on one of the sports forums I used to due to everyone attacking anyone who was not up to their woke standards, if you're not in line with rest of the woke people, they gang up on you.

Pathetic.

Would love to see any of them say what they say on those forums to another persons face.

Keyboard commandos.

George said it best a few weeks back, once the pandemic set in and sports were put on hold just about every fan realized they could live without them.

The NBA, MLB and even my beloved NHL have overplayed their hand on this one.

George said it best a few weeks back, once the pandemic set in and sports were put on hold just about every fan realized they could live without them.

The NBA, MLB and even my beloved NHL have overplayed their hand on this one.

The Red Sox after getting murdered by the toothless Nationals last night are now 10-22, their worst start after 32 games since 1932.

How ironic.

Ie, they suck.

The ownership in this town dodged a massive bullet with a shortened season and no fans in the stands; even the pink hats who flock to Fenway just to say they went would not be willing to shell out a small fortune to watch this broken toilet of a team.

They gave away a generational talent and cried poor mouth about it, they got a serviceable MLB player back and two prospects, we'll see if either pan out, Betts is tearing the cover off the ball in the NL.

They should start working on his bust for the HOF now with the Dodgers hat on it.

Watch the Red Sox go in the toilet for another 86 years and they'll call it the curse of the Bettsino.

It looks like a horrible trade for the Red Sox, a big market team acting like they are based in Podunk Iowa...................................

But hey, 4 WS championships in my lifetime, so there's that.

The Red Sox after getting murdered by the toothless Nationals last night are now 10-22, their worst start after 32 games since 1932.

How ironic.

Ie, they suck.

The ownership in this town dodged a massive bullet with a shortened season and no fans in the stands; even the pink hats who flock to Fenway just to say they went would not be willing to shell out a small fortune to watch this broken toilet of a team.

They gave away a generational talent and cried poor mouth about it, they got a serviceable MLB player back and two prospects, we'll see if either pan out, Betts is tearing the cover off the ball in the NL.

They should start working on his bust for the HOF now with the Dodgers hat on it.

Watch the Red Sox go in the toilet for another 86 years and they'll call it the curse of the Bettsino.

It looks like a horrible trade for the Red Sox, a big market team acting like they are based in Podunk Iowa...................................

But hey, 4 WS championships in my lifetime, so there's that.

Great post and it really sums up the Giants too.

All of the corporate money based fans that rained in while they were winning championships is gone. Ownership constantly says they are trying to sign big free agents yet they never sign any of them. They are tied into huge pitching contacts with pitchers that are barely worth their weight (Cueto and Samardzija) and their only viable superstar is Posey but his best years are behind him.

But as management will remind you, they did win a few World Series Championshios recently. Which is a great answer so long as you count recently as 6 years ago (going on 7).

As much as MLB has done to return to normal somehow the trade deadline this year seemed weak at best.

Perhaps it was the lack of any big names or perhaps it is the truncated season, but the trades this year didn’t do anything to make me anymore interested in the playoffs.

As much as MLB has done to return to normal somehow the trade deadline this year seemed weak at best.

Perhaps it was the lack of any big names or perhaps it is the truncated season, but the trades this year didn’t do anything to make me anymore interested in the playoffs.

Didn't seem to stop the Rangers having their annual fire sale :(

The Red Sox and their sky high payroll had a fire sale, dumping a decent middle reliever, a starting pitcher, their starting right fielder and first baseman.

Imagine them crying poor mouth and dumping salaries, two of those trades were for a player to be named later; oh joy, you always score a potential hall of famer who's thrown into a deal as a player to be named later.

As crappy as they were before the deadline, they are going to be even worse now...…………………….awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back