2019 Baseball season (8 Viewers)

RIP to a man who personified hardball pitching, baseball as it used to be, Bob Gibson. When you think of Gibson, you also think of Koufax and Big D.

Gibson is a pillar of one of the greatest baseball (sports) franchises history.

His numbers speak for themselves.

If I had to win one game under any circumstances he would be my pitcher of choice.

RIP.

I was heartbroken to wake up to this news. Gibson personified 'old school' pitching to me, and along with the likes of Koufax, Marichal, Drysdale, represented baseball as I grew up. He was a pitcher that scared the pants off hitters and had a season, 1968, that is unequaled during my lifetime. I still can't figure out how he lost 9 games in 1968, excepting, like everyone else, the Cardinals couldn't score. A study of his numbers in '68 still leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. RIP, Mr. Gibson. -- Al

Yes he was great. A lot of great players back then.1968 was right in the era of the dead ball but that don't take away from his greatness. RIP .
Mark

I was going to post the news when I saw it. One of the great pitchers from what I consider the best pitching era in baseball.

Imagine an all FL WS; Marlins vs Rays, MLB executives heads would explode and they would abandon plans for expanding the playoffs as a result.

No dumping on the Marlins, they beat the gashouse Gorillas in 2003, that team was loaded with Josh Beckett and Cabrera on the roster among others.

The Marlins in their history have NEVER lost a playoff series, that's remarkable.

I hope it's Padres or the Braves vs the A's in the WS, would love to see the A's win it all...........imagine if the Braves win it; Rutledge won't care, he spends his spare time hiking up Mount Everest, not vegging on the cough relaxing watching sports....................."Work out, eat well and die anyway"...........my horror show match up is gashouse gorillas vs the Dodgers, either of them winning would suck, but at the end of the day, who gives a ****, it's mindless entertainment and whoever wins this year, it will be a fraud championship,. a whopping 60 game schedule, what a farce.....................

Lol It would be a perfect match were the Braves to win the WS this non season! He**, maybe the Dogs will win a Nat Championship too. They can call us the asterisk state.

The Falcons and Hawks won’t win a Championship until He** freezes over. But given what’s gone on in 2020, maybe that’s in the offing.

NBA finals ratings are at historic lows. People are not watching. The NFL’s brand is permanently damaged. Even avid fans are learning their lives can go on without genuflecting in homage to what essentially is a logo with which the players have no connection other than a paycheck.

I haven’t watched any Braves games this year. If they make it to the WS I may catch a few pitches at a watch party. Beyond that, I’ll be working on my golf game, walking or doing a HIIT workout.

This was the first post season series the Braves have won since 2000, when one of their star pitchers was 3 years old 🙄

Ratings for pro sports are trending lower. Baseball had an initial burst of increased ratings but then those declined. The one exception was the Tour de France, which showed better ratings. I know most of you are not cycling fans but it’s an event I look forward to every year, especially this year.

Lol It would be a perfect match were the Braves to win the WS this non season! He**, maybe the Dogs will win a Nat Championship too. They can call us the asterisk state.

The Falcons and Hawks won’t win a Championship until He** freezes over. But given what’s gone on in 2020, maybe that’s in the offing.

NBA finals ratings are at historic lows. People are not watching. The NFL’s brand is permanently damaged. Even avid fans are learning their lives can go on without genuflecting in homage to what essentially is a logo with which the players have no connection other than a paycheck.

I haven’t watched any Braves games this year. If they make it to the WS I may catch a few pitches at a watch party. Beyond that, I’ll be working on my golf game, walking or doing a HIIT workout.

This was the first post season series the Braves have won since 2000, when one of their star pitchers was 3 years old 🙄

After ignoring the Lakers for the past ten years, Mike Miller and Doug are avidly following the NBA finals, also known as the annual LeBron James ballwashing fest, he can do no wrong.

Other than them, TV's are clicking off across the country, who wants to tune it to watch foul after foul called on the Heat and see LeBron, Unibrow and 10 cardboard cut outs dismantle the Heat, who shot their load on the way to the finals and have crashed back to earth, that ballbag Herro was shooting lights out up until the finals, he couldn't hit the ocean from the beach with his shot now.

The first two games looked like the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals.

What a horrendously shitty product and with the Lakers locks to win it for the foreseeable future, interest will continue to plummet.

Gee, what I am I going to do next Spring when the Lakers hoist banner #18, thus passing the Celtics for most NBA titles.

I'll somehow have to find the strength to go on and learn to live with the disappointment.

Woe is me.

Ratings for pro sports are trending lower. Baseball had an initial burst of increased ratings but then those declined. The one exception was the Tour de France, which showed better ratings. I know most of you are not cycling fans but it’s an event I look forward to every year, especially this year.

Brad; any idea why that is so? What are you thoughts as to why ratings are trending lower............................

Brad; any idea why that is so? What are you thoughts as to why ratings are trending lower............................

George, sorry, no idea. Perhaps people just see that with all that’s going on sports ranks low on the list. It was Sean Doolittle of the Nats who said “sports are like the reward of a functioning society” and I don’t think you can say that in the middle of a pandemic we are that (a functioning society).

The games are way too long and slow. And the playoffs are even worse with the endless pitching changes. Late start times on the east coast make it impossible to see the end of any playoff or WS game.

All or almost all of the playoff games played so far except for the Dodgers series were played in the afternoon or started no later than 7pm so start times wasn’t an issue.

The Astros As divisional series is starting at 4pm and the Yankees Rays game at 8 so start time isn’t a problem there either. Start times have not yet been posted for the other series, although I expect the Dodgers Padres game to be a 10pm start.

The games are way too long and slow. And the playoffs are even worse with the endless pitching changes. Late start times on the east coast make it impossible to see the end of any playoff or WS game.

Game two of the Padres/Cardinals series was 4 hours 19 minutes with 15 pitching changes.

FIFTEEN.

The game moves at a snails pace...................

Clearly I am in the minority here but I still watch the games no matter how long they are.

As if I have some place I have to be during the pandemic.....

Sad weekend for MLB fans as another name from the 60's has passed. Ron Perranoski. LH relief ace of the Dodgers, has passed on at age 84. He helped the Dodgers to 2 WS titles and had a spectacular year in '63 when he went 16-3 with 21 saves and a 1.67 ERA. RIP, Ron. -- Al

Goodbye San Diego, hello LA!

Attachments

• 0FF3501A-2E02-41C5-8FD8-40F868EE7231.jpeg
    0FF3501A-2E02-41C5-8FD8-40F868EE7231.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 76
MLB players need to quiet down on the fact that they played just about everyday during the 60 game 2020 season.

Millions of Americans work everyday, sometimes at multiple jobs as they try to make ends meet, all while not making the millions that baseball players make.

MLB players need to quiet down on the fact that they played just about everyday during the 60 game 2020 season.

Millions of Americans work everyday, sometimes at multiple jobs as they try to make ends meet, all while not making the millions that baseball players make.
Amen. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back