2019 Baseball season (6 Viewers)

Have a feeling that the NL will retain the WS title, at least they should on paper. Dodgers or Braves have to be favored over the Rays or Astros, but the Dodgers and Braves find lots of ways to lose WS. I'll be rooting for the NL rep, at any rate. -- Al

Have a feeling that the NL will retain the WS title, at least they should on paper. Dodgers or Braves have to be favored over the Rays or Astros, but the Dodgers and Braves find lots of ways to lose WS. I'll be rooting for the NL rep, at any rate. -- Al

Rooting interest;

Braves

Dodgers

Rays

Astors

A Rays Dodgers WS is a real possibility. Root for the Dodgers? No way.

Rays played “New York, New York” on the field tonight after they won. Nothing like rubbing it in.

I am not sure who to root for.

As a Giants fan I can’t root for the Dodgers, but I would like to see Kershaw get a ring. He deserves it.

I’d like to see the Rays win because it would be a huge victory for small pay-roll teams, at the same time it does seem strange cheering for a baseball team from Tampa.

The Braves fans have seen lots of great teams fail to win it all so maybe they are due?

I follow the Astros based on geography. At the same time, as a long time baseball fan I still haven’t gotten over the trash can scandal.

Oh well, the best I can hope for is some great baseball, no matter who wins.

Happy YED!!!!

And to think I was pissed when the Gashouse Gorillas signed Cole 10 seconds after free agency started.

ONE World Series title in the last 20 years, BILLIONS spent chasing rings.

They haven't won a WS with a Republican as president since 1958.

The Red Sox had a shitty season, horrible really, they ended up in the same spot as the Yankees; no WS title.

At least the RS have a better draft slot to show for it.

19 years with Fruitbat has spoiled the Yankees; now they have an unpredictable closer like everyone else in baseball.

Gee, what a shame.

Now the AL comes down to an organization of cheaters vs an organization of cheapskates; Cole makes 8 million more per year than the Doofin Rays TOTAL payroll.

Let that sink in.

And to think I was pissed when the Gashouse Gorillas signed Cole 10 seconds after free agency started.

ONE World Series title in the last 20 years, BILLIONS spent chasing rings.

They haven't won a WS with a Republican as president since 1958.

The Red Sox had a shitty season, horrible really, they ended up in the same spot as the Yankees; no WS title.

At least the RS have a better draft slot to show for it.

19 years with Fruitbat has spoiled the Yankees; now they have an unpredictable closer like everyone else in baseball.

Gee, what a shame.

Now the AL comes down to an organization of cheaters vs an organization of cheapskates; Cole makes 8 million more per year than the Doofin Rays TOTAL payroll.

Let that sink in.

Looks like I read the graph wrong, Tampa's payroll is about 76 million.........................but they rank 27th out of 30 teams in total payroll.

Looks like I read the graph wrong, Tampa's payroll is about 76 million.........................but they rank 27th out of 30 teams in total payroll.

Cole, Stanton and Tanaka’s yearly salaries total $75 mil. Add in Chapman and that total increases to $90 mil or $14 more mil than the entire Ray’s roster.

That was a great first game between the Rays and Astros.

I didn’t expect a pitcher’s duel especially after Houston scored 33 runs in 4 games against Oakland in the division series.

Yep. Been a rough October with the passing of Gibson, Perranoski, and now Ford. -- Al
October, just 12 days old, continues to be an awful month for MLB as now HoFer Joe Morgan has passed away at age 77. Playoffs or whatever, October can't be done fast enough. -- Al

October, just 12 days old, continues to be an awful month for MLB as now HoFer Joe Morgan has passed away at age 77. Playoffs or whatever, October can't be done fast enough. -- Al

Not just October but this whole awful year.

The Rays win again, weasel out of a bases loaded jam in the ninth; springer hits a one hop rocket right into the shift for a double play, then the closer can't find the plate, Bregman swings at the first pitch and flied out to center.

Why swing there, make him throw a strike.

Sports is so predictable sometimes; the Rays are pitching lights out, getting clutch home runs and making gem after gem of a play defensively.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they win the whole thing.

Like the Nationals last year.

And the Blues.

And the Raptors.

And the Chefs.

When it's your time, it's your time.

Imagine a team with a 76 million dollar payroll winning the whole thing.

And apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg, their farm system is loaded and they have a can't miss starter in the wings and a can't miss outfielder too..............................they could be the team for the next decade.

10 hits to 4 doesn't necessarily win a game...
especially when you strand 11 guys on base...
10 left on base yesterday too...

Margot killed them tonight...
with his bat and glove...
that over the wall catch was unreal...

TB pitching has been getting them out of jams nicely...

it was a good game...
they had their chances...

10 hits to 4 doesn't necessarily win a game...
especially when you strand 11 guys on base...
10 left on base yesterday too...

Margot killed them tonight...
with his bat and glove...
that over the wall catch was unreal...

TB pitching has been getting them out of jams nicely...

it was a good game...
they had their chances...

I just wonder if the potential for 7 games in 7 days will wear down the Rays, they had to go 5 to beat the Yankees and they rely heavily on their bullpen, the Astros have too many big bats to stay silent forever.............

I'm 100% buying what the Braves are selling, they are my team from here on out regardless.

I have no favorites, I just want to see good, exciting baseball.

The Astros and Rays have delivered inning after inning of tension filled baseball. It is, in my opinion, exactly what sports should be, evenly matched teams, playing for a shot at a championship with either team having a chance to win.

Only hockey does a better job of delivering sporting excitement.

What a nightmare for the Dodgers. Once again they seem to be running into a red hot team in the playoffs. Hopefully they pull it out this year. Regardless, I will have to read about it the next day since I can't stay up to 1AM to see who wins.

What a nightmare for the Dodgers. Once again they seem to be running into a red hot team in the playoffs. Hopefully they pull it out this year. Regardless, I will have to read about it the next day since I can't stay up to 1AM to see who wins.

two and a half hours to play 5 innings..................it's still early in the series..............the Dodgers have their pitching lined up for the rest of the way..................

The Dodgers’ offense finally came to life, albeit too late to win game 2.

My bet is they are going to get back into this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back